It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We can't feed 'em
But we can damn sure breed 'em.
Where is the compassion in that?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Wow. Money trumps people's lives, eh?

These are kids, coming from desperate situations, and most of them (as I understand it) are from SOUTH of Mexico.
How they got through Mexico to begin with is a question.

But - hey -

Allowing these burdens in may be compassionate, but it is also economically stupid.

if they're just "burdens" in your mind, whatever.

I HOPE you never have children.

Depends on how much you enjoy being heartless and economically secure.

The people who "enjoy" that are called psychopaths.

Question - were you BORN here? Or did you immigrate and follow the rules?
When this country goes to crap and your "economic security" is worth a package of bath tissue - what will you do?
Don't expect help from me, dude. I'd be happy to sponsor a child from south of our borders. I've worked with DOZENS of families who've come here out of desperation. Their situation is worse than ANYTHING you can even imagine.

Karma. That'll getcha.

edit on 7/29/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Conservative compassion ends at birth. After that, you're on your own you freakin' deadbeat!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Conservative compassion ends at birth. After that, you're on your own you freakin' deadbeat!

Leftist compassion ends at the point of a scalpel.

Unless your pushing a political agenda.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So what you are saying is that conservatives push people to become better on their own and that the left push for more entitlements?

Sounds about right.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Far smaller, and poorer countries....(say Jordan for instance,) have taken more refugees in than the Big Ole USA...by far.....
How can anyone justify treating these children with less compassion?
The USA has become a nation of gimme gimmie and # the rest of you types.......
I think its time the whole nation was busy watering the tree of liberty once again, as it seems to be withering fast of late.....

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What we have here in common is the principles of compassion: the common desire to see every child well-fed and opportune for a great full life.

What contradicts this heavily is the systems of government. We have a failed jet plane that cost so much, it could have housed every homeless person in the U.S.

So how do we accomplish this in spite of this extreme detached spending of our tax dollars?
Well, flinging our poo at each other of course.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Excellent summary, though I disagree with point #3... especially about that political cartoon.

that's just the typical urban-rural divide expressing itself as a bigoted portrayal of the rural side by a urban/left-wing artist/cartoonist. There are corresponding charactures by right-wing political cartoonists, lampooning hippies/hipsters/yuppies and the like.

I don't see the government as hostile, I see it as incapable in it's present form, though not inherently incapable.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Leftist compassion ends at the point of a scalpel.

What?

I really don't understand that analogy.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
smithjustinb said:

Allowing these burdens in may be compassionate, but it is also economically stupid.

So,
smithjustinb, what is your attitude about abortion?

Unexpected babies: "Burdens", or children?

Your "burden" is another person's "child".

"Well, they shouldn't have had the kid", you might say.
Really? So, which is it? You advocate Birth control? Or not?

edit on 7/29/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

The trouble is that "compassion" is being redefined by liberals. It used to mean helping people. Now compassion means to remain silent while people rob us.

Texas schools are overcrowded. some of the most overcrowded schools in the US, outside of California. Who is crowding them? Illegal aliens from Mexico.

The illegals aren't going to pay any taxes. They will claim benefits, but will never pay into the system. And Obama facilitates them in doing this because he hates Texas and wants to spend as much of its money as possible.

Illegal immigrants pay taxes. They pay sales taxes just like everyone else and if they reside in a dwelling of any sort, they're either paying property taxes or paying rent to a landlord who is paying property taxes. The largest portion of education spending comes directly from property taxes.

Also, illegal immigrants are not eligible for means tested assistance programs.

FYI, last I heard for every $1 that Texans pay in federal taxes, they get back $1.43 in federal dollars. Meanwhile, I live in NJ where we get about $0.88 in federal dollars for every dollar we send to the federal government.

Yeah, you're welcome you Texas Takers!

edit on 2014-7-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
Wow,.. maybe that image you show should show a citizen of this country that is HELPLESS,STARVING,ALONE...

Have any compassion for them??

After we get our own back yard in order then MAYBE we can take on THE REST OF THE F-ING WORLD!!!

BTW, most of these so-called "children" are gang-bangers ready to set up shop in YOUR town...

Why don't you just post your address so they can live with you?? MMMKAY??

children...

Oh you are being tricked alright, by Fox News and republicans because like they tell you these are all disease ridden criminal children.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Then why don't you go to Central America and become a missionary!!!! Sorry but I believe in language borders and culture and in this trying economic time and ultra competitiveness yes MY American kids come first!!! You're a disgusting example of an American. You'd sell your country out for a white bearded guy in sandals. Grow up!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So what you are saying is that conservatives push people to become better on their own and that the left push for more entitlements?

Sounds about right.

Push people to become better? LOL. Seems to me that they've pushed you to act like sociopaths. I guess Ayn Rand might see that as "better."

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

Then why don't you go to Central America and become a missionary!!!! Sorry but I believe in language borders and culture and in this trying economic time and ultra competitiveness yes MY American kids come first!!! You're a disgusting example of an American. You'd sell your country out for a white bearded guy in sandals. Grow up!

This is the same sort of asinine nationalist rhetoric that practically every immigrant group in this country has faced historically:

The dirty, disease ridden, Pope-worshiping, criminal Irish!
The dirty, disease ridden, Pope-worshiping, criminal Italians!
The dirty, disease ridden, immoral, drug smuggling Chinese!

They all came here and ruined America, right?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

FYI, last I heard for every $1 that Texans pay in federal taxes, they get back $1.43 in federal dollars. Meanwhile, I live in NJ where we get about $0.88 in federal dollars for every dollar we send to the federal government.

Yeah, you're welcome you Texas Takers!

Nope. Wrong. Table of Federal Revenue and Spending by state clearly shows that both Texas and New Jersey pay in more than they get back.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Sounds about right.

Push people to become better? LOL. Seems to me that they've pushed you to act like sociopaths. I guess Ayn Rand might see that as "better."

Lol.
At least you did not dispute the entitlement comment.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

First of all I must say that I'm glad true Christians like this congressmen still exist.

At least the true 'christians' believe in having kids instead of taking stuff to get rid of them.

'True Christians' eh.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Isn't it one of the commandments, tho shall kill what I created because.

Not sure why the entitlement group is for illegal immigration, the more you guys give up the less you will get for yourselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

It's a little late to give a crap about those children after 1000+ miles to 'get here'.

The cognitive dissonance is amazing.

Apparently they think the rule of law should be based on nothing but 'emotion'.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join