It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Interesting. I find it interesting that whenever Christianity is brought up on the conservative side of the issue, the left screams "separation of church and state" until they become apoplectic, but the left has no problem with using "Christianity" when they want to make a "moralistic" point about "compassion." "Compassion" defined, of course, by spending other people's money.

We should be a secular state. What Jesus would or would not do should have nothing to do with decisions of our lawmakers and those who invoke Jesus to try to intimidate their detractors should really STFU.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If anyone, and I mean ANYONE in the USofA has a right to be upset about the millions of illegals flowing across the border it's the people in Texas. They are taking the brunt of all of it. The crime, their tax dollars being spent, the refusal of everyone to control a national border, the constant 24/7 media attention.

It's the same thing that happens when other states find out the White House plans to dump illegals in their backyard. Just look at he Maryland (D) Governor Martin O'Malley. He was all for compassion and letting illegals stay in the country, until he found out some were coming to Maryland. Then it was a different story. That is the epitome of Liberalism. The policies are good for everyone else in the country, but they shouldn't apply to them. Just look at the members of government who don't have to participate in Social Security, Obamacare, etc.

Something in the link doesn't work with ATS, I've tried it a few different ways. Sorry.
www.washingtonpost.com... tml

edit on 29-7-2014 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Garbage! People of different colours rarely mix without trouble, people of different religions rarely mix without trouble, people that support different political views rarely mix without trouble. God sake even people that support different football teams rarely mix without trouble! It's not just Xenophobia. The Western exploitation you speak of also happens to ordinary people in the West. Corporations don't care what country they rape and pillage, we are all being exploited.

This is without doubt being used as a tactic to destroy countries. It is a definite agenda and it is working. People that cant see this need a reality check!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Last Sunday there was to be a national day of protest about this immigration issue. Around 4000 people showed up in Boston but other than that no one showed up in 300 cities across the nation.

You guys that want a wall, wish for even more of a police state, if it will keep "them" out it will also keep you in. Conditioning from the right, your so blind, your just following your corporate programing.

edit on 29-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

yes
about that

I saw that and tried to figure out where it was going on in my city and the directions that were given just didn't mesh with reality I don't think. Not to mention that if it was where I think the directions were trying to lead me to well I think that overpass was under construction of at least would have been in an area that would have made it a tad dangerous for everyone.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
this immigration would not be an issue at all, as people have been migrating to the usa since it became a nation, and in large numbers. where the problem lies is:

1. trade deficit brought about by charging more to export out of the country, than to import in, thus punishing american companies specifically, stifling growth, putting millions out of work , creating an even greater tax burden for larger and larger percentages of the population

2. taxing the crap out of everything under the pretense of helping the poor and downtrodden and then making sure the amount that actually does make into social programs is not even enough to survive in a humane fashion. then blaming the shortfall on the very people who pay the taxes for the fact the government is skimming huge chunks of money meant originally for the poor, to fund world domination, black box projects and who the hell knows what else - like oh, spying on everybody and his uncle, for example.

3. the fact the government has become a hostile entity that has repeatedly demonstrated that it will use any tool at its disposal to make sure racism and stupid # like that cartoon, which is akin to nazi propaganda (i mean why didn't the artist put a pig tail and snout on her, while he was it? and say something super intelligent like -- "typical white american female".

4. this means an influx of new people we can't afford to support, will be told it's our fault there's no money left.

that's why it's a problem. no other reason. literally.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

From the article in the op:

The Longview, Texas News-Journal reported that the conservative attendees expressed health concerns, religious fears and doubts about Simpson’s commitment to putting his “constituents first.”

opli nk

If what is happening on the border somehow shows christian values, we are lost as a people.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

how old are the kids?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tatanka
Nancy Pelosi stated that the illegal immigrant children are like baby Jesus. What I want to know is, why aren't the children killed in Obama's drone strikes, like the baby Jesus? Why aren't the unborn treated like baby Jesus?

The hypocrisy is astounding. When I see videos of children and entire families laid to waste by drone strikes, I am left to wonder the mental status of our president and his administration. When I see that high quotas are celebrated by abortionists, I am left to wonder.... why do liberal insist upon our compassion and caring for the children crossing our border illegally, yet have absolutely no compassion or caring for the unborn, or those innocent children killed in drone strikes?

Better yet, where is your love and compassion for the children on Pine Ridge, Rose bud reservations, who go without many things, good housing, clean water, decent clothes.... why are no liberals standing up for them and wanting to take care of them?

Or, what about children in America who go without? Yes, it's happening. Everywhere. What about them? What about entire families, sleeping in their cars?

What about our veterans, who go without good health care, housing, etc.?

Now, I think we should treat illegal immigrants crossing over our borders with kindness and compassion. Give them a temporary shelter to sleep and rest. Feed them. Give them a medical check. Replace clothing or shoes. Treat any illnesses. Then send them back home.

Secure our borders, and stop allowing illegal immigrants to cross into our country. A nation without a secure border, is not a nation at all.

You address some very serious points and I agree.

All the love and compassion in the world will not save the world's poor and frightened and suffering. To just have compassion for the all the people coming over the border by the millions, year after year after year and to ignore our own homeless and suffering is not the answer. America's people generally are very compassionate, loving, kind and generous. Looking ahead...we already have millions of unemployed people so where are all the new people coming in going to find employment? How will they care for their families here? What do we do with all of our homeless citizens and their families? We simply cannot continue to ignore our own citizens as though they don't matter.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

how old are the kids?

Do you think there all the same age and all named Jose?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Blind, do please open your eyes.

The people pushing the fear mongering don't want to help these people anymore than they want to help Americans.

They don't want to pay a higher wage, they certainly don't want a illegal to become legal, then they would have to pay them minimum wage. They don't care about American homeless civilian or veteran, they certainly don't care if the poor eat, have shelter or a education, citizen or immigrant.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

From the article in the op:

The Longview, Texas News-Journal reported that the conservative attendees expressed health concerns, religious fears and doubts about Simpson’s commitment to putting his “constituents first.”

opli nk

If what is happening on the border somehow shows christian values, we are lost as a people.

The article didn't go into what the "religious fears" were, but those people who live on the border, religious or not, have very real and very secular concerns.

Letting yourself be steamrolled is not a Christian value. Letting criminals run free and break the law is not a Christian value. So many people try to make this out as "Christian hypocrisy" as a way to divert the attention from some very true and legitimate secular concerns that affect people like me who are not religious at all.

I always find it insulting when a politician says how "unchristian" something is. He's supposed to be part of a secular government with secular laws, not the Jebus police.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I'm game if politicians stop invoking Jesus to attract supporters. Until then? Fair game.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
this immigration would not be an issue at all, as people have been migrating to the usa since it became a nation, and in large numbers. where the problem lies is:

1. trade deficit brought about by charging more to export out of the country, than to import in, thus punishing american companies specifically, stifling growth, putting millions out of work , creating an even greater tax burden for larger and larger percentages of the population

2. taxing the crap out of everything under the pretense of helping the poor and downtrodden and then making sure the amount that actually does make into social programs is not even enough to survive in a humane fashion. then blaming the shortfall on the very people who pay the taxes for the fact the government is skimming huge chunks of money meant originally for the poor, to fund world domination, black box projects and who the hell knows what else - like oh, spying on everybody and his uncle, for example.

3. the fact the government has become a hostile entity that has repeatedly demonstrated that it will use any tool at its disposal to make sure racism and stupid # like that cartoon, which is akin to nazi propaganda (i mean why didn't the artist put a pig tail and snout on her, while he was it? and say something super intelligent like -- "typical white american female".

4. this means an influx of new people we can't afford to support, will be told it's our fault there's no money left.

that's why it's a problem. no other reason. literally.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Last Sunday there was to be a national day of protest about this immigration issue. Around 4000 people showed up in Boston but other than that no one showed up in 300 cities across the nation.

You guys that want a wall, wish for even more of a police state, if it will keep "them" out it will also keep you in. Conditioning from the right, your so blind, your just following your corporate programing.

LOL. That's incorrect. Protecting the borders from ingress and national sovereignty are legitimate powers of government and trying to keep criminals OUT of a country is nothing like an iron curtain where they tried to keep their own citizens IN.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with people - trying to make them be compassionate. It's really pretty useless. I just wanted to say that I agree with you completely. Some of the people who preach and pray in Jesus' name should really be ashamed of how they respond to this crisis. Your cartoon is right on.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
People are sick of being lied to and Sheisst upon by the Obama administration.

Obama doesn't care about these children's humanity. He is USING their humanity to get his way. He is the one letting them suffer RIGHT NOW, when he could change things with a pen and a phone.

Telling Texans they "must have compassion" is liberal newspeak for "you must do nothing while we dump needy people on you, and waste your tax money on them, without actually providing for them. YOU must find them a seat in your already overcrowded (by Mexican illegals!) schools.

The government is saying: "YOU must be compassionate. WE can house them in concentration camps... but YOU must be compassionate."

Oh the irony of a thread by a non-christian, questioning someone else's Christianity.

And preaching about hypocrisy....

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Just looking for an answer to one question.

How is it possible out of Mexico, central and south america
combined. Many nations and not one of them, is able to forge
government that uses the example set by the country everyone
is flocking too? It isn't possible to have other nations become as
attractive as the one our forefathers made? Where would these
people go if the US sucked as bad as their country?

NOWHERE!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me ...

Who am I to question Christ?
edit on 29-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I live in Boston and didn't hear anything about it. Surprised that in of all places people in Boston showed up to protest immigration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join