learn more

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

No, the tactic used in the video was bait and switch and the question is why you would think that an example of such a dishonest tactic would prove your point.

ETA: Do you really think that video shows " progressive compassionate elites"?
edit on 10-8-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Yep I do,because that is what most white upperclass leftys that I know believe and think.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Where the people in the video "the ones you know". How do you even know what those people in the video think?

Honestly, that video really doesn't prove anything.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Where the people in the video "the ones you know". How do you even know what those people in the video think?

Honestly, that video really doesn't prove anything.

It proves the NIMBY syndrome is alive and well,how many illegal children did you take in?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
It proves the NIMBY syndrome is alive and well

It might be but allowing people into a country and into a private home are different. The makers of that video know that and that is why they set things up the way they did and you fell for it.

how many illegal children did you take in?

N/A

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: TXTriker

My niece and her family moved here to TX looking for work but needed medical assistance because she was pregnant. They told her it would be two weeks before they sent her a letter to come in and get an appointment for 2 weeks later to fill out the paperwork (she was 8 months pregnant).

Is your niece a citizen of the US? Why did she wait for 7 months to get prenatal care?

I don't understand what you're talking about.

Childbirth is considered a "life threatening condition", and that's why immigrants (or ANYONE) are given care, regardless of their economic or national status.

Sorry for taking so long. I forget to check the replies button. My niece is a citizen. She was getting prenatal care in AZ but they had to move to try to find work. They came here because they could stay with us. They were not going to give her care. They told her it would be two weeks before she could get an appointment to even apply. Here is how it works here. You contact DHS. Within the next two weeks you get a letter setting an appointment for you to come in and fill out your application. Then it can be several weeks before you get an interview on that application. They refused to help them in any way outside of that schedule. When she asked about emergency help because she was due in less than 4 weeks they asked if she was illegal. To me that implies that if she were illegal she would have gotten emergency help. When she told them she was not illegal they told she would have to wait for the letter scheduling her appointment. Because I contacted the governor's office and every state/federal rep we got a response and got the help but a lot of people aren't prepared to do that.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join