It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I don't think its hypocritical of me to simultaneously be against abortion and illegal immigration.

Its a little bit hypocritical of some of you that you're not adopting these children, though. You know, a lot of them don't have families to go to. Will you be a care giver? Or no?
edit on 29-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

I also agree that these kids should be sent back to wherever they came from, but I also understand that they must be processed to figure out where they came from and what country to send them back to.

Or we could turn them over to the Mexican government from whose border they crossed and let them fork out the billions of dollars in processing fees.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

It is my faith too.

It is part of the reason why I find the attitudes displayed toward these immigrants, some of them children, by certain factions within the population of the US, deeply troubling.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
My compassion is reserved for the American taxpayer who isn't on welfare. They are the victims here as far as I'm concerned and I feel for them compassionately. So how is my compassion different from your compassion in terms of compassion? Other than our OPINIONS of who the victim is here.
edit on 29-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Good Lord...

Don't you understand that both the taxpayer AND the powerless immigrant children who have ended up in the US are the victims here? Have you no conception of that what so ever?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Good Lord...

Don't you understand that both the taxpayer AND the powerless immigrant children who have ended up in the US are the victims here? Have you no conception of that what so ever?

No. If we send these children back with a bare minimum amount of money spent, the American people win. We won't be victims. I'm not following you here.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Yes, you will. You already ARE!

Look at the amount of money the border patrol and various law enforcement agencies are spending on this issue, look at the causes of the necessity for that expenditure, the way that drug policy in the US fuels the porosity of the border, and drives the push that sends these people across your border.

The policies you pay for as a taxpayer create the circumstances necessary to cause these problems in the first place, and you do not consider yourself a victim?

You are being stolen from by your government, who are using the proceeds of your sweat and effort, to pay for policies which destroy your freedom and liberty, and this immigration problem is just one of the many facets of the effects of these policies.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Nancy Pelosi stated that the illegal immigrant children are like baby Jesus. What I want to know is, why aren't the children killed in Obama's drone strikes, like the baby Jesus? Why aren't the unborn treated like baby Jesus?

The hypocrisy is astounding. When I see videos of children and entire families laid to waste by drone strikes, I am left to wonder the mental status of our president and his administration. When I see that high quotas are celebrated by abortionists, I am left to wonder.... why do liberal insist upon our compassion and caring for the children crossing our border illegally, yet have absolutely no compassion or caring for the unborn, or those innocent children killed in drone strikes?

Better yet, where is your love and compassion for the children on Pine Ridge, Rose bud reservations, who go without many things, good housing, clean water, decent clothes.... why are no liberals standing up for them and wanting to take care of them?

Or, what about children in America who go without? Yes, it's happening. Everywhere. What about them? What about entire families, sleeping in their cars?

What about our veterans, who go without good health care, housing, etc.?

Now, I think we should treat illegal immigrants crossing over our borders with kindness and compassion. Give them a temporary shelter to sleep and rest. Feed them. Give them a medical check. Replace clothing or shoes. Treat any illnesses. Then send them back home.

Secure our borders, and stop allowing illegal immigrants to cross into our country. A nation without a secure border, is not a nation at all.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I knew a guy that made a living in pest-extermination. I worked with him briefly. He had an aquarium full of mice. He would save their droppings in a can. When he went to do inspections on a potential customer's house. He would scatter droppings around and then point out how bad their house was infested. Naturally the people wanted to end the infestation, so they would pay him a lot of money to solve the problem.
I can't help but see something similar going on here.
I quit working for him in short order. Scumbag.
Follow the money on the immigration issue. Somebody's going to get rich.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Anyone who gives freely of their time, their money, of themselves to help another is compassionate. They are showing compassion.

Now, however, I can break into that same persons home, eat their food, take their property, cause harm to their persons, and accuse them of not being compassionate when they complain.

It's a pathetic testament to todays society when we are what is legal/illegal based on nothing but emotion.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

hey man I don't think you understand whats going on down there in the border states. they are on fire. the vitrol hate filled passion is coming from people that have heard or know somebody that has been a victim to people coming across the border. I don't think you have the grasp on why they feel the way they feel.

cant be that bad right ? wrong. it's in total chaos down there. its basically a war.
peoples homes and property are being taken over in large quantities. they come in and kill the whole family and hide drugs and people that came across the border too. women are being raped and murdered down there and when they do the act, they just jump back across the border. the police cant do anything about it. the government wont do anything about it. those people down there feel completely hopeless !!!!!! you better start learning about that before casting harsh judgement on them. u and me don't live there. we have cushy environments. I've researched the border and a lot of it isn't even complete !!!! where there the border starts at peoples property down there, they cut the fence and walk right thru it. and if you catch them, they will blow your head off.......that did happen before. a guy blew a guys head off and killed his dog. he was on a tractor on his property....

you cant blame one guys passion for the border to be protected or the lady that's pissed off that they are swarming across the border. not everybody in the tea party is as pissed as she is. maybe there is a reason. maybe there isn't. you and I don't know. to blanket everybody in the tea party and lumping all Christians together is logically flawed. everybodys different. different views. but most can be alike. Christians don't always practice what they preach but I will tell you this, nobody gives more in charity than Christians. a liberal did a study to find out who gives more in charity, and he hated his results. like 47% of America is on welfare. it's about to be 50% that would be about 150 million people. apply basic economics to that and logically you will come to the conclusion that the us govt will collapse because of tax mismanagement. just wait, economists have been saying this for a very long time. the dollar will collapse under debt and heavy burden. just waiting for the announcement. you need to look up the cloward and piven strategy. they figured out how to destroy America by way of overloading the system with debt. go read it.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

That's such a load of brainwashed crap. Humans from different cultures have been living together since we became human, only when xenophobia is a factor is it ever a problem.

They're destroying our countries? It's western policy and exploitation that's destroying theirs and encouraging the situations parents feel the need to send their children away from.

Desperate people work for very little money so keep people desperate and keep the profits flowing.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I think the best thing we can do is feed them give the showers figure out where they are supposed to go and send them back. if we had a thriving economy and we were doing really well like we used to be before I was born and the government wasn't in debt to the moon literally, then yes we can help them. we cant even take care of americans here !!!

new citizens get preferential treatment over citizens. I have a friend named juraj from Slovakia. used to work with him and his whole family worked trying to build a new life for themselves here. great I love that idea !!!

but my friend juraj got to go to a 4 year college for free and I had to get financial aid. well, I was #ing pissed when I heard that. the Indians get loans to run bp gas stations as new citizens and my mom cant get the loan they can get even with great credit. the playing field is unlevel and that's what bothers me the most. the have it better than we do.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The only way I could agree with your sentiments regarding this would be if the whole situation had not been made to happen by a corrupt and thoroughly dishonest president and his criminal administration.

There IS a President to blame. But probably not the one you are thinking of.

But the operative word in that paragraph was “indiscriminate.” The Reagan administration expressed no problem with killing civilians if they were considered supporters of the guerrillas who had been fighting against the country’s ruling oligarchs and generals since the 1950s when the CIA organized the overthrow of Guatemala’s reformist President Jacobo Arbenz.

In other words, though the “talking points” were framed as an appeal to reduce the “indiscriminate” slaughter of “non politicized people,” they amounted to an acceptance of scorched-earth tactics against people involved with the guerrillas and “their civilian support mechanism.” The way that played out in Guatemala – as in nearby El Salvador – was the massacring of peasants in regions considered sympathetic to leftist insurgents.

How Reagan Promoted Genocide

In the early 1980s President Reagan’s Administration funded and helped to train Nicaraguan contras based in Honduras with the aim of ousting Nicaragua’s Sandinista regime. The Contras were equipped using money from illegal American arms sales to Iran, a scandal that could have toppled Mr Reagan.

Terrorism with a “Human Face”: The History of America’s Death Squads

But if there is some debate over our idiotic actions a decade ago, how tenuous is the connection to our misguided policies from the distant 1980s? If we are indeed witnessing the delayed chaos of the Reagan era, what is our obligation to the undocumented who are fleeing their devastated lands? After all, many of them are children whose parents weren't even alive when this bad mojo got going. And of course, an even bigger question is the exact nature of this help. Do we take them in and quickly deport them? Do we let them stay after paying a huge fine? Do we just turn the other way and let them drift into the shadows of American life? These are all excellent questions. But before we even begin to answer any of them, we have to acknowledge that we helped nurture this mess.

Is America to Blame for the Crisis on the Border?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Good Lord...

No. If we send these children back with a bare minimum amount of money spent, the American people win. We won't be victims. I'm not following you here.

How primitive and tribal of you.

It partly US foreign policy in south America thats made these country crap hole thats forcing them to immigrate. US has some responsibility in the situation.
edit on 29-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
has anyone thought to wonder why our gov't wants that many "children"??

I mean it's quite possible that if we knew the answer to that question we'd decide that sending them home is the compassionate thing to do!!

someone said that we should follow the money trail because someone is about to get rich!!
maybe if we started working on that end we could also discover the answer to the why?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The question is: would you care to outline the specifics of that responsibility?

I am not trying to be argumentative, honestly. I find myself asking the same question and am unable to answer it.

I agree the "US" may bear some responsibility here.

In our representative government, all US citizens are eventually responsible for the actions of their elected. So yes, US citizens bear some responsibility for the mess at the border. But what happens when our elected do not follow the laws of running the country? Again, I still see it as the US citizens responsibility to hold them accountable.

The problem is over the last few decades, the avenues to hold them accountable have been getting shut down. Very scary. I wish I had an answer here too.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

From my reading of your post, it seems you have more problems with some of folks who do not like what is happening at the border versus simply what is happening at the border. That is fine. The issue is multi-faceted.

However, it may come across as lumping-in all those who disagree with the situation at the border with these cherry picked individuals demonstrating poor values. I agree they sound pretty anti-WWJD but a lot of responses on this thread are not making the distinction. 'People of faith hate kids - bunch of hypocrites'. Not unusual for ATS but it looks like you have put some time into your post and it deserves a clarified discussion.

Just my dos centavos for whatever it is worth...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

I believe in American borders and a legal process for becoming an American.

I'm sure the Native Indian population that existed in America before white men came thought exactly the same thing - just before the 'alien immigrants' exterminated them.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

“"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!"” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Ring any bells? It seems not for some on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join