It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Well, I must have overlooked that, but should have known as the Govt rewards bad and illegal behavior.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

They gots to do something to make up for the large numbers of work immigrants that when home, to all around the world, when the economy stumbled.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Well said, very wise words.

To summarize your words, if I may.

Let us not kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

To do so is just stupid, yet, in the name of greed, this is just what someone is trying to do. No country can withstand this type of onslaught and the video a few pages back, here, www.abovetopsecret.com... in NightStar's post explain brilliantly the problem that has no solution.

Other countries need to fix there own problems rather than jumping ship, just as the US needs to fix its problems.

P

And very nicely summarized. I withheld saying "vultures picking at our dying corpse"

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Right, I didn't need whatever version you are pushing, when I know the reality.

a reply to: daskakik
I'm not pushing any Version, That's The Law!
Of-Course illegals Couldn't Care Less about the law, their illegal.
You want an easy way that requires no checks or balances just say, I'm here give me my Green card.
Keep looking, if you don't have your Anchor Baby and No Amnesty, Join the Military.

edit on 1-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
I'm not pushing any Version, That's The Law!

The law also allows for waivers.

Of-Course illegals Couldn't Care Less about the law, their illegal.

I haven't commented on what they may or may not care about.

You want an easy way that requires no checks or balances just say, I'm here give me my Green card.
Keep looking, if you don't have your Anchor Baby and No Amnesty, Join the Military.

You missed the point. Someone said that there never was a way for border jumpers to become legal and there was and for those who can fill the requirements to get a waiver, there still is. That is also the law.
edit on 1-8-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Mexico wouldn't be such a hell hole in the first place if they weren't fighting the Tea Party's war on drugs that leads to tens of thousands of deaths each year around the world including about 10,000 in Mexico. Therefore, the Tea Party owes it to the Mexicans to take in at least 50,000 such people each year which would be an allowance for 5 refugees for every 1 person killed in their war on drugs. For every one person killed its a good bet 5 people's lives are indirectly destroyed.

The stigmatized drugs will never come close to destroying as many lives as the morally wrong war on drugs.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Mexico wouldn't be such a hell hole in the first place if they weren't fighting the Tea Party's war on drugs that leads to tens of thousands of deaths each year around the world including about 10,000 in Mexico. Therefore, the Tea Party owes it to the Mexicans to take in at least 50,000 such people each year which would be an allowance for 5 refugees for every 1 person killed in their war on drugs.

a reply to: wayforward

I Really, Really Hope you have a Source for this Other than a Huff article.
You're making a Claim and Stating it to be a Fact with out a Verifiable Source.
The Tea Party is many things but they are not the Force Behind The War on Drugs!

You made the Claim, I'm asking For Sources and Facts, Not NPR or the Huff taking from a blog and MSNBC.

edit on 2-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

Mexico wouldn't be such a hell hole in the first place if they weren't fighting the Tea Party's war on drugs that leads to tens of thousands of deaths each year around the world including about 10,000 in Mexico.

What "Tea Party" war on drugs is that ?

Did "they" pass any recent legislation ?

You are mistaking the Progressive's wars.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

Mexico wouldn't be such a hell hole in the first place if they weren't fighting the Tea Party's war on drugs that leads to tens of thousands of deaths each year around the world including about 10,000 in Mexico. Therefore, the Tea Party owes it to the Mexicans to take in at least 50,000 such people each year which would be an allowance for 5 refugees for every 1 person killed in their war on drugs. For every one person killed its a good bet 5 people's lives are indirectly destroyed.

The stigmatized drugs will never come close to destroying as many lives as the morally wrong war on drugs.

What? That's silly. The WOD existed for a loooong time before the Tea Party. Disagree with them or not, their position is less taxation and less government nanny statism which is directly the opposite of the WOD. If you want to place blame on deaths by Mexican cartels, why not pay attention to how the US government and the current administration armed them.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Who has a good economy? I'm just asking because I don't see a good economy here in SW Virginia .....a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: wayforward

What? That's silly. The WOD existed for a loooong time before the Tea Party. Disagree with them or not, their position is less taxation and less government nanny statism which is directly the opposite of the WOD. If you want to place blame on deaths by Mexican cartels, why not pay attention to how the US government and the current administration armed them.

Not to mention that Mexico is a GUN-FREE zone too ...... only the criminals have guns ..... kinda like Detroit or Chicago .....

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Leave it to the intelligence of those that blame the firecracker for exploding, and forgetting that who ever lit it, is really responsible.

As long as those kids are here, they are Innocent, and indeed, as Simpson pointed out, require our compassion.

Dealing with how they got here is a totally different matter.

How can you possibly have a meeting that has both of these situations on the agenda. What would you expect?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: fnpmitchreturns

Really?

How far do you have to go to get water in the morning? Have your local children all had their vaccinations? And if they have not, was that down to parental choice, or a lack of availability? Is there schooling provided as standard? Are there municipal services, like trash collection? Do you have any large stores in your district? How many dollars a day does the average family there eat for?

If it is more than or close to five dollars then let me tell you, you are doing better than most countries on the planet, let alone other states in America. There are entire nations on this planet, where families of ten eat for about a dollar a day. Now THAT is a sign of a bad economy!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: kruphix

This single picture says it all.

There is really nothing else to say...hypocrites being hypocrites.

Yes it does, that the photo is irrational and histrionic political propaganda.

It is irrational for so called Christians to be so callous and selfish.

The American Right Wing Christians are some of the biggest hypocrites in the world.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

As are the progressives who want an open border but don`t want those people in their neighborhoods

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
It also used to be understand by everyone that it is a poem, and not on the Statue of Liberty.

It is currently on a plaque on the pedestal the Statue of Liberty stands on.

www.howtallisthestatueofliberty.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

It is currently on a plaque on the pedestal the Statue of Liberty stands on.

If that does not say it all, I don't know what does.

Back in the days when the Irish fled their land, and the Germans fled, and those searching for religious freedom, etc the process was not so impossible.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf
Bait and switch.

Why use something that dishonest?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc
What does that have to do with anything?

It is a poem that was read during the dedication.

It is not Law, it is not a governing policy and it is not on the Statute itself.

And no where does it state to come across the border illegally.

What else you got?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Sunwolf
Bait and switch.

Why use something that dishonest?

Dishonest are the progressive compassionate elites who will not have them in their neighborhoods except as gardeners or maids.The lower class folks like me are the ones who have to put up with the lawlessness,noise,theft and killings when they move in next door.There is no bait and switch except for the leftists that always claim compassion but leave it to the rest of us to deal with the real consequences of their so called compassion.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join