It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
a reply to: guohua

Honest question, why do you guys love making up imaginary scenarios to further your cause.

So far you have all brought up they carry all sorts of nasty disease, all gang bangers, all rapists..etc.

Not all, but you cannot deny that gangs and diseases have come over that border as well as rapist and other criminals. You can't just let anyone waltz over and hope for lollipops and rainbows and peace to all. It just doesn't happen that way.

link   

Remember I am the one not making the statements. It is up to the accuser to prove their case with numerous studies to back it up.

I basically said why do the right say these things and never have numerous cases, studies to back up their claims.

So it is not up to you or me to prove it...it is up to the people making these claims to back them up and don't parrot what someone says if you are unsure of the claims are valid. Do your own research.

link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Yo stating the GD reality is 'not making stuff up'.

Fact the US is one of the worlds largest arms dealers in the world.

Who arms terrorist regimes, and 'freedom' fighters all over the globe.

Gives them worse weapons that Americans will ever be allowed to own.

Has made MILLIONS of 'refugees' ALL over the globe.

REAL ONES.

Then someone brought up 'gun control' in to this conversation for what ever reason.

The biggest GD hypocrites here is the US government saying we must 'save' those kids.

But hell IGNORE all that just to take pot shots at posters.

edit on 30-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: neo96
Like calling those kids 'refugees'.

What would you call them?

It would be nice to see what the conditions are in their 'home' countries are.

That would go along way in making the pro 'refugee' crowds argument.

Considering the adults, and gang members that have been coming here it is hard to say what is what.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I am not denying they are happening, I am denying that this is true for most illegals.

There is no factual data to back any of those claims that the majority are diseased, gangbangers, rapist...etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Who said anything about making stuff up concerning arms deals.

I was talking about your claim stating I used gun laws to justify illegal immigration. I never did such thing and said they were made up lies.

You are either going out of your way to make up lies about what I was talking about or you are confused about posts your replying to.

Which is it?
edit on 30-7-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Like calling those kids 'refugees'.

What would you call them?

It would be nice to see what the conditions are in their 'home' countries are.

That would go along way in making the pro 'refugee' crowds argument.

Still doesn't answer the question. What do you call these kids? If not refugees, which you already poopood on the last page.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I distinctly remember getting called 'hypocrite' for supporting the right of protecting our right to self defense.

As this post clearly says:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Still doesn't answer the question. What do you call these kids? If not refugees, which you already poopood on the last page.

I would call them illegal as they are trying to game the 'system' for their benefit.

I would also call the current admin illegal for doing the same thing.

Funniest there is?

They have Bush to thank for the means of keeping them.

And we all know how 'criminal' he was.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is a great thread. It took me a while to read through it all, but it was worth it. Definitely lots of emotion, and a good range of issues brought up. Here's my take:

1. In previous eras of *legal* immigration, there was a positive assimilation which took place; early immigrants to this country were from cultures that [by and large] had no conflict with American values and society. These immigrants learned the language, were enthusiastic about the opportunities America provided, and thrived.

2. In our current era of *legal* immigration, the positive assimilation isn't happening [much]. Now, a large portion of legal immigrants are coming to America with backgrounds hostile to American values and society. These immigrants are not assimilating; they alienate themselves, are disengaged largely from American culture, and often even work to subvert that culture from within with destructive intent.

3. *Illegal* immigration is happening at a level that can rightly be viewed as invasion. These should all be deported.

link   

It's all been posted before, and it all can be posted again, I know some people are to lazy to remember what they've read or they think it's no longer there to be seen, hoping to salvage Obama and his Administration.

Recent news reports say that border patrol agents are currently struggling to keep up with the massive flood of illegal immigrants. Chris Cabrera, vice president of the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley, told National Review that gang members from MS-13 are being allowed into the U.S. as part of the illegal immigrant surge.
Referring to an individual he dealt with, Cabrera asked, “If he’s a confirmed gang member in his own country, why are we letting him in here?”
Art Del Cueto, president of the National Border Patrol Council Local 2544 in Tucson, told NRO that although agents may recognize gang-affiliated tattoos of minors crossing the border, they must treat them the same as anybody else.
“It’s upsetting that a lot of them are 16 or 17 years old and a lot of them are not going to face deportation,” Cueto says. He has visited the Nogales station, which he estimates is holding 1,100 children who crossed the border. The children have been sent from the Rio Grande Valley in Texas and have also crossed the border near the Nogales station, he says.
“I’ve heard people come in and say, ‘You’re going to let me go, just like you let my mother go, just like you let my sister go. You’re going to let me go as well, and the government’s going to take care of us,’” Cabrera said. “Until we start mandatory detentions, mandatory removals, I don’t think anything is going to change. As a matter of fact, I think it’s going to get worse.”

MS-13
I'm not going to play your game, it's all been brought out before and only a fool would think it's Only Children!

link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
a reply to: Night Star

I am not denying they are happening, I am denying that this is true for most illegals.

There is no factual data to back any of those claims that the majority are diseased, gangbangers, rapist...etc.

It's kind of hard to categorize someone when they don't technically exist. That's a part of the reason statistics in these case are nearly useless.

I can guarantee you they aren't all sparkling examples of unfortunate people innocent and blameless.

People are getting locked up for letting their children go places alone here in the US. I you want to get pissed at the lack of compassion you'd better start with the dumbass parents who are putting their child's lives in SERIOUS danger with this whole debacle.

link   
a reply to: neo96

You talk about hypocrites, yet you are one of the most out spoken hypocrites on ATS.
When it comes to gun regulations, you claim the constitution is set in stone and should never be challenged...yet you agree with voter ID laws even though it goes against the constitution. S
o why is one OK in your eyes and not the other.
Are you cherry picking what part of the constitution you are for? The laws and constitution in the right's eyes are cherry picked on which ones should be enforced.

My exact words.

Also not one time in that post did I say you were making anything up about arms deals. I was merely pointing out your hypocrisy.

You love to quote the constitution on gun rights..etc...but have nothing to say when it comes to the constitution and voter ID laws.

I am saying yet again..(sigh) that you claim the constitution should be followed as written but applaud , when it is been stepped on concerning Voter ID laws.

That was the hypocrisy I was talking about and only brought it up because you were calling others hypocrites.

Gonna love the your next post...see how you twist and turn what I said this time..

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I am saying yet again..(sigh) that you claim the constitution should be followed as written but applaud , when it is been stepped on concerning Voter ID laws.

Yeah it should be what's the problem with that ?

Lot of nerve citing voter ID laws and yet gun owners have to get carded, and by a set of 'rules' must have lived a PERFECT little life in order to be granted' the 'privilege' of owning a gun.

A set of standards no GD congressman can pass, and I can guarandamnteeya that very few if any illegal immigrant can pass.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

I read you loud and clear. The issue is that our Government is broken. You cannot find solutions when even people come together to solve problems that are held hostage by systemic plague. One issue needs to be resolved before the other. He said, she said and the divide & conquer tactics will win every time if we do not root out the causes of why no viable choices are being made to improve such concerns. Putting a band-aid over a dirty wound does nothing but cause further infection.

That's my 2 cents worth anyways. I could be wrong but most critical thinking Americans I know and have discussed this with feel the same or almost the same.
edit on 7-30-2014 by Flint2011 because: Typo

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Their not Refugees, Their no where near the meaning of that word in English.
Sorry, but the Majority are not coming from a war torn country, A country that is Politically Corrupt and ran by Drug Lords Yes.
But, no Civil war or any real war. Their not Palestinian Children.
A person who flees for refuge or safety, especially to a foreign country, as in time of political upheaval, war, etc. Political refugee.
No ones forcing them to Abort their Babies or Sterilize them or Killed for their Religious Beliefs.

The United States of America has Laws for Refuges to Follow and a Definition can be located at Here
Definition of Refugee from the Immigration and Nationality Act
The Immigration and Nationality Act defines "refugee" in Sec. 101(a)(42) as:

(A) any person who is outside any country of such person's nationality or, in the case of a person having no nationality, is outside any country in which such person last habitually resided, and who is unable or unwilling to return to, and is unable or unwilling to avail himself or herself of the protection of, that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion, or

(B) in such circumstances as the President after appropriate consultation (as defined in section 207(e) of this Act) may specify, any person who is within the country of such person's nationality or, in the case of a person having no nationality, within the country in which such person is habitually residing, and who is persecuted or who has a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. The term "refugee" does not include any person who ordered, incited, assisted, or otherwise participated in the persecution of any person on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. For purposes of determinations under this Act, a person who has been forced to abort a pregnancy or to undergo involuntary sterilization, or who has been persecuted for failure or refusal to undergo such a procedure or for other resistance to a coercive population control program, shall be deemed to have been persecuted on account of political opinion, and a person who has a well founded fear that he or she will be forced to undergo such a procedure or subject to persecution for such failure, refusal, or resistance shall be deemed to have a well founded fear of persecution on account of political opinion.

And to file for Refugee status it's easy and free go here.
Be A Refugee

edit on 30-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Their not Refugees, Their no where near the meaning of that word in English.

As an army combat veteran I will respectfully disagree with you at least on the count of those coming from Honduras. Yes I have been there and I will state on record I felt safer in Iraq.

Please do not take my word for it, I am not sure how much it costs for a plane ticket where you are but it is aproximatly $320 round trip from Orlando, Fl to Costa Rica and from their a bus ticket to Tegucigalpa, Honduras is $37. Go see for yourself.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

According to GWB and the law they are indeed refugees.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Congress just went on vacation, anyone else bothered by this?

With Obama in-charge,,,,you should be Scared To Death for the Well Being of America.

By the way for any of you students of arts this "stinking congress" line comes from the movie The treasure of the Sierra Madre.

Heres the line....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
Thank you for your service.
I've been to Honduras, 1972, after my second tour in Vietnam I was sent to Ft. Kobbe 3/5 the Jungle Expert training facility back then.
18 of us was sent to Honduras to pick out 220 of their so called best for jungle warfare training back in Panama to be trained by us.
Spent seven weeks in country picking out or prospects.
Even in 1972 that was a dangerous place to be at night alone or in a group.
But, there was no war and no civil war and no Revolutionary war. I think they may have been worried about an other Football war like in 1969 I think it was with El Salvador.
Just drug lords and Thugs,, most people I still know there live by paying for gates and a private security guard.
But that's the three old guys I know who loved to live down in the city, One old retired Nut, lives in El Amatillo and the other lives on the river at Sava and my other old friend, bobs in his big old boat out in the Gulfo de Fanseca.

Still, I'd have much more compassion for the children of, Palestine, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Kurdistan and other truly war torn countries.
Just my old opinion.
edit on 30-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join