It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: undo

you're supporting that position by ignoring the inherent problem with it that is currently FEEDING THE PROBLEM. if you want to be part of the solution you need to address that issue, as well.

I KNOW what the "problem is" -

you don't know me, nor my experiences/education or background.

How many immigrants have you gotten to know?
REALLY gotten to "know"?

How many life stories have you heard? How many times have you visited a migrant-worker compound at a farm where families live in ONE-ROOM cinder block apartments? How many times have you conversed with someone from Ethiopia, or Nigeria, or Somalia or Sudan? Or Mexico or Honduras or El Salvador or Guatemala?

you don't know me either, and that's the whole point. assuming that someone who is not exactly thrilled with illegal immigration is the same thing as a "fat white lady with bible threatening poor brown child, half dead on the ground" , is what the op is promoting in this thread. the idea being: 1) if you're white, you're the enemy, 2) if you're a white female you're the enemy, 3) if you're a christian you're the enemy (alot of hispanic people are of european descent and are christians, so this particular one is a real head scratcher till you realize they are trying to make it a protestant conservative vs. catholic liberal, issue. i, for one, will not go there. i am just fine with catholic people, even though i'm a protestant, and i'm also just fine with liberals and democrats, even though i'd more define myself as conservative these days, i still empathize with and agree with several democratic ideals), 4) if you're a white christian female, you're the enemy, and most specifically, 5) if you're a white protestant christian female, you're the enemy. this means the propaganda machine is already in full swing to make this yet another divide and conquer issue. we have to stop them from doing this on both sides of the aisle. they need to cease and desist. pronto.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

assuming that someone who is not exactly thrilled with illegal immigration is the same thing as a "fat white lady with bible threatening poor brown child, half dead on the ground" , is what the op is promoting in this thread.

Then ATTACK THE OP - ATTACK THE MEMBER WHO POSTED IT!!!

What, I'm a softer target?

3) if you're a christian you're the enemy

Hardly. If you're a "Christian" you're supposed to be compassionate, helpful, and kind.
On the other hand, if you ARE a Bible-wielding capitalist who is solely focused on her own well-being at the continued expense and death of others -THEN you are the enemy.

I AM NOT THE ENEMY. Nope. You can attack and assess the cartoon all you want, but it does NOT apply to me. Raised a WASP, left the faith, care about people. Not interested in riches. That's me.

And I've already mentioned that most of those people coming in are culturally Roman Catholic (I'm not) - and it's not surprising that they have an attitude of asking for help when it is needed.

wow.

Swoop in on someone else, please.

Like I said...we're done. I can't even think of anything to say to your uncalled for attack.

bu bye.

edit on 7/30/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

assuming that someone who is not exactly thrilled with illegal immigration is the same thing as a "fat white lady with bible threatening poor brown child, half dead on the ground" , is what the op is promoting in this thread.

Then ATTACK THE OP - ATTACK THE MEMBER WHO POSTED IT!!!

What, I'm a softer target?

I've already mentioned that most of those people are culturally Roman Catholic (I'm not) -
wow. Swoop in on someone else, please.

Like I said...we're done.

bu bye.

you are not attacking the op, and that's the transparent part. notice how i'm pointing out that both sides are dangerously spewing racist and bigotted rhetoric over this? your assumption that you are the only person discussing the topic who has any understanding of poverty and suffering, and by proxy that makes you the voice of reason, after which you suggest that illegal immigrants are all immaculate housekeepers -- i hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but that's racist. it is. you're getting pulled farther and farther into the vacuum of racist rhetoric. you could be a strong voice for reason, if you'd actually think about what you're saying, but instead, you're using racism to combat racism. it's not going to solve the problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

edit on 7/30/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: self-edit. done with thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

you are not attacking the op, and that's the transparent part.

You want ME to attack the op?

No - you go for it, sister.
Just lay off of me.

well the subject of the thread IS THE OP. that's what people are responding to. you understand? we are being told, in that cartoon, that if we don't want to all end up suffering, we are racist, fat, white bible believers who hate brown babies. it's only common sense to see that if our economy is already artificially hovering over the void of aggregious poverty, on strained-to-the-limit gravity boosters, that adding more weight to the problem is going to contribute to a massive collapse.

it isn't that we don't love our neighbors, for crying out loud. we send and/or spend millions of dollars every year, just in the economies of countries south of the border, by buying their goods and services, contributing to their charities, adopting their children, and billions of tax dollars in social safety nets for their immigrating populations. but to artificially increase the influx of new immigrants, when we are on the verge of totally imploding, is wrong.
edit on 30-7-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
here let me put it in very simple terms: HOW ARE WE GOING TO HELP THEM IF WE ARE JUST AS POOR AS THEY ARE?
HELLO? ANYBODY IN THERE?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

this means the propaganda machine is already in full swing to make this yet another divide and conquer issue. we have to stop them from doing this on both sides of the aisle. they need to cease and desist. pronto.

You attacking me is not helping do that!
I totally understand what you are saying, and I agree that they need to cease and desist. I do NOT agree with your critique of my character. Do you understand?

That's really all.

Out.

edit on 7/30/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

this means the propaganda machine is already in full swing to make this yet another divide and conquer issue. we have to stop them from doing this on both sides of the aisle. they need to cease and desist. pronto.

You attacking me is not helping do that!
I totally understand what you are saying, and I agree that they need to cease and desist. I do NOT agree with your critique of my character. Do you understand?

That's really all.

Out.

okay. that's reasonable enough. and thank you for agreeing that the op is making matters worse. it raises people's hackles, which draws racism out of them that may or may not have been there originally. the guys in control of all this propaganda, are manipulating whole swaths of people using psychology, and they know just what buttons to push to get that effect. since all of us here are educated enough to understand this, we need to resist the urge to launch into racist, bigotted attacks. rather, let's look at if the idea of adding new people to our population is a good idea and discuss possible solutions.

the concept here is to raise everyone's quality of life, not make the whole world poor.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Americans are wary of granting refugee status to children crossing the U.S. border to flee strife-torn countries in Central America, and most in an Associated Press-GfK poll say the U.S. does not have a moral obligation to accept asylum seekers generally. Read more: billingsgazette.com... 6f9a4f5.html#ixzz38yyNAwur

The new poll found 53 percent of Americans believe the United States has no moral obligation to offer asylum to people who escape violence or political persecution, while 44 percent believe it has that responsibility. Read more: billingsgazette.com... 6f9a4f5.html#ixzz38yyTUu1x

I am in the 'majority'.

After all 'Democracy' in action!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So now the majority matters to you?????

How hypocritical can you be???

So if the majority elects a president you don't like or backs a bill you don't like you will suck it up and drive on???

That would be something new for you.

BTW the USA is a constitutional republic.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

So now the majority matters to you?????

What is so 'wrong' with the majority now ?

Funny if the majority supported giving refugees there would be no 'problems' right ?

BTW the USA is a constitutional republic.

And the point is ?

That hasn't matter one GD bit for the past 6 years.

Why should it now?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What is so 'wrong' with the majority now ?

Funny if the majority supported giving refugees there would be no 'problems' right ?

There's nothing wrong with the majority however you had a problem with it in the past.

Does the majority matter to you now? It didn't seem to matter to you n the past so why now?

And the point is ?

That hasn't matter one GD bit for the past 6 years.

Why should it now?

Not that a DG has anything to with it except those that claim one seem pretty damn hypocritical.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Does the majority matter to you now? It didn't seem to matter to you n the past so why now?

I guess someone missed the 'quotes'.

Hey thanks for making 'something' out of NOTHING.

The hypocrites here ARE.

Saying LAW doesn't matter as the millions of illegals in this country.

Then turn around and use LAW to 'justify' the granting 'refugees asylum'.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So is it because it is law???

So all the other laws I have seen you rail against, do you hold the same reverence for them??

I think not.

Like I said....hypocritical.

have fun with that.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Explain to me why I should have a problem with immigration laws?

Since they are designed to slow immigration to a trickle and let this country absorb people at a consistent rate.

What people are saying is that LAW doesn't matter.

Let the flood gates open up and add more people in to a country that already doesn't to have the resources to handle its current population.

That doesn't make me a 'hypocrite' that makes me someone putting this COUNTRY above the whims of a parties wants.

edit on 30-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Explain to me why I should have a problem with immigration laws?

So this is about only the laws "you" agree with???

Sorry but that is practically the definition of hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yo move on.

What this is about is that those people coming across that border are not 'refugees'.

And their hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Actually I will move on because bickering with you is pointless but let me clarify what this is really about since you forgot.

From the OP...

First of all I must say that I'm glad true Christians like this congressmen still exist. It's time the tea party dropped the Christian image that they have attached their movement to, because going by some of the things these people said they are FAR from Christians. Although I'm not a Christian myself nor am I affiliated with any religious movement, I'm a firm believer in the phrase "practice what you preach".

Exactly NEO "practice what you preach".

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

First they say they hate religion they shout about that separation of church and state!

Then they use religion to justify their little 'crusade for children'.

That epic cognitive dissonance is AMAZING.

Cognitive dissonance aka HYPOCRISY.
edit on 30-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My opinion for the record is this s a complicated issue and I haven't heard any good solutions so far, however there is no way I am going to blame people for trying to find a better life. They are not evil in my eyes as they are to some they are just desperate. If our roles were reversed I may have been doing the same thing.

edit on 30-7-2014 by intrepid because: Insult removed.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join