It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Congress just went on vacation, anyone else bothered by this?

I would if they were actually doing anything to begin with. The way I see it, Congress has been on vacation for four years now. Bring on the recess appointments!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trubl
a reply to: NavyDoc

Sorry gonna have to call you on your B.S. you said laws shouldnt be based on what Jesus would or wouldn't do but what about when it comes to abortion or gays?? Then its all about what would jesus do and its against my religion crarp. Cant you see the hypocrisy and bigotry?

I thought this was a great thread which some posters clearly didnt read or fail to get the point and are just spewing random hate and nonsense . i absoultly 100% agree that these kids need to be sent back to their countries thats not up for debate for me thats coming from a hispanic texan. But do y'all just wanna throw them in cages and drop them off in mexico where some are not even from and say "not my problem"

The mindset of the delusional far right conservative. fear mongering hate and bigotry all rolled In one.

BS? I don't believe in Jesus. I don't care what gays do or do not do and they should be able to marry like anyone else and the abortion debate should be centered around if the fetus represents a person or not based on science, like an EEG, not belief in a soul.

Assume much?

The problem is not delusional. The problem is real and brought about by our administration and cohorts. Those kids didn't just wander up here thousands of miles through several countries without some assistance. This is a political problem created by politicians and they need to be called on it.

edit on 30-7-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tatanka

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

originally posted by: beezzer
Can we use the "compassion" argument for abortion then?

You mean, like take good care of the fetus until it is aborted? Sure.

Weak argument IMO.

Then what about children killed in drone strikes? No compassion for them?

Well, that was not the topic of discussion. But, since you brought it up, I do have compassion for them. Want a list of everything I have compassion for? It's a rather lengthy list.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Apparently your the one that needs to listen better. The part you quoted actually was a joke (in bad taste but still a joke) with a reference to something else.

If read into what everyone is saying pretty much every single person wants them to go away. The argument is on how its done do we box them up and drop them in a desert or process them and send them back to where they came from.

Do murderers and rapists get three meals a day and a place to sleep?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

Joke or not that asinine attitude gets really old.

No one is suggesting doing anything particularly rash or inhumane.

Feed them, provide a medical evaluation/treatment if necessary and send them back their way.

Murderers are legal residents of this country so I won't waste my time on that whole debacle.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
At least GWB claimed to be compassionate, this thread proves the tea party doesn't or is not capable of basic human feelings towards others.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

This single picture says it all.

There is really nothing else to say...hypocrites being hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

And what asinine attitude would that be? That we need to find a solution and stop arguing? Which is what I thought I said...

And more than likely you and I agree on this subject in regards that they need to go and how it should be handled.
edit on 30-7-2014 by TexasSeabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

This single picture says it all.

There is really nothing else to say...hypocrites being hypocrites.

Yes it does, that the photo is irrational and histrionic political propaganda.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasSeabee

And what asinine attitude would that be? That we need to find a solution and stop arguing? Which is what I thought I said...

And more than likely you and I agree on this subject in regards that they need to go and how it should be handled.

Oh....

Quit confusing me.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

I won't be looking for "understanding" in a shtf scenario. I'll be looking for food and ammo.

And my husband and I will have BOTH.

And if I can approach people and am able to speak THEIR language, I will have more allies than you will if you refuse to even try. People, in a shtf scenario will still band together. Those with ammo and access to food/knowledge of hunting, gardening, foraging, fishing, building, camping, sewing, cooking, first aid/medicinal plants, etc. will be the survivors. You come to my camp "looking for food and ammo" with nothing to offer in return? No skills, no literacy in my language or culture, no locations in mind, can't even build a fire?...sorry - you WILL be on your own. All your "economic security" will get you nowhere except laughed out of the place.

Now, how many of these youths coming up here have skills?

LOTS OF THEM, if not all. Are they "lazy"? NO. (Have you ever worked with Mexican and Central American people? Side by side with them? They work HARD.)

They are desperate. They already ARE survivors.
You would do well to not act as though your fancy-ass house in your gated community and your bank account is going to be worth much in that scenario.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I should probably be less confusing and abandon my hopes at being a comedian

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Enough of the illegals,just send them back where they came from.Deport them all,no amnesty!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

while i applaud your understanding and willingness to see people in need as more than just race or color or creed, it would be nice if you didnt exemplify issues with racism by claiming entire racial groups have stereotypical behaviors. clearly not every hispanic person is a hard worker, nor is every american a white fat lady with a bible (and for that matter, not every white american is fat, nor is every white lady fat, nor does every american carry a bible, nor does every bible carrier disagree with immigration and so on. the type of rhetoric you're passing around is the definition of racism and bigotry. the other side is doing the same thing -- they are assuming the people are all criminals and scroungers. this is the exact problem. the conversation is LOADED WITH BIGOTRY AND RACISM on both sides. how does returning racism for more racism, solve the problem? it doesn't. it enhances it.

what we really need to look at is how will this help their plight if the result is the entire economy grinds to a halt and we all go into extreme poverty at the same time, together? more miserable people does not make the misery any less miserable. the solution needs to be alot smarter than it currently is.

edit on 30-7-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

clearly not every hispanic person is a hard worker, nor is every american a white american fat white lady with a bible (and for that matter, not every white american is fat, nor is every white lady fat, nor does every american carry a bible, nor does the every bible carrier disagree with immigration and so on. the type of rhetoric you're passing around is the definition of racism and bigotry.

When did I mention fat white american ladies with bibles, please?
What "rhetoric" are you accusing me of? RACISM and BIGOTRY??

LOL!!

I'm a white lady, thanks. Red hair, blue eyes, slim (don't overeat), dressed in thrift store cloths, and I don't carry around a Bible - Don't live in a gated community or have a huge portfolio. I also don't recall mentioning Bible-carrying white fat ladies at all. YOU did that - and EVERY person of Hispanic origin I have met in employment situations was perfectly willing to work - those I met who were stay-at-home mothers kept a very clean house, were very concerned about their children's well-being, and contributed to society. They WANTED to learn English (but as we've seen here, learning a second language is not something everyone is inclined to do), and they WANTED their kids to be bilingual American CITIZENS.

I also knew some who were deviants because I worked in clinical counseling - but there were MORE white kids and adults who were deviants than there were Hispanic.

edit on 7/30/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

clearly not every hispanic person is a hard worker, nor is every american a white american fat white lady with a bible (and for that matter, not every white american is fat, nor is every white lady fat, nor does every american carry a bible, nor does the every bible carrier disagree with immigration and so on. the type of rhetoric you're passing around is the definition of racism and bigotry.

When did I mention fat white american ladies with bibles, please?
What "rhetoric" are you accusing me of? RACISM and BIGOTRY??

LOL!!

I'm a white lady, thanks. Not fat (don't overeat), don't carry around a Bible - Don't live in a gated community or have a huge portfolio. I also don't recall mentioning Bible-carrying white fat ladies at all. YOU did that - and EVERY person of Hispanic origin I have met was perfectly willing to work, keep a clean house, and contribute to society.

the topic is the op. the op has a bigotry laden cartoon that not only tries to pigeon hole white americans as fat, bible believing racists, but also as cruel and inhumane. you're supporting that position by ignoring the inherent problem with it that is currently FEEDING THE PROBLEM. if you want to be part of the solution you need to address that issue, as well. this isn't about religion or political party -- it's about a serious humanitarian situation that may not solve the problem for anyone and in fact, may make the whole thing many magnitudes worse.

and i know white people that keep clean houses too (although i'm white, i'm not a very good housekeeper). and i know white people who are fat, skinny, in all political parties, and greedy people in all political parties. the propensity to bring up attributes of a person based on race, and claim it applies across the board or as a form of defense, is the defintion of bigotry. they all have the same things in common - they are all human beings and share the same shortfalls. while i agree some political institutions can make choices worthy of criticism, i don't think their racial or religious identification has anything to do with it, whatsoever.

you know exactly what i mean.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Congress just went on vacation, anyone else bothered by this?

With Obama in-charge,,,,you should be Scared To Death for the Well Being of America.

Because you have idiot's of the Congressional Progressive Caucus listening to the Whining of an illegal that states he was mistreated by the Border Patrol after walking for 30 minutes across our border illegally to get to the border patrol station.
He only walked 30 minutes but get this, he's from El Salvador,,,,, Short trip from El Salvador.
Claims they kept him in the Ice Box, What, he can't take air-conditioning, go back, claims they did feed him enough and claims they didn't turn off the lights at night and counted the kids ( inmates ) every two hours.
Excuse Me!! Did you pay to stay at the Hilton? Your not Happy, Go Back To El Salvador.

A 15-year-old A 15-year-old immigrant from El Salvador testified before a congressional panel Tuesday claiming that he was mistreated by border officials. A 15-year-old immigrant from El Salvador testified before a congressional panel Tuesday claiming that he was mistreated by border officials. testified before a congressional panel Tuesday claiming that he was mistreated by border officials.

CBS news using the words immigrant to back you think this kid is legal or are they playing to obama?
Not an immigrant, admittedly crossed our border, so,,, illegal is the word you should have used CBS!

The teen identified as Saul told the Congressional Progressive Caucus during an ad-hoc hearing that his time at a border detention facility was “horrible,” describing it as “the worst experience” of his life after the unaccompanied minor crossed the border illegally in April.
“I walked 30 minutes to the immigration station where I was placed in a big room with 200 children aged 10 and up,” Saul told the caucus. “The room was very cold, I was shivering the whole time. There weren’t any beds. They gave us nylon which barely kept us warm and they gave us cold ham sandwiches twice a day. I was very hungry because it wasn’t enough food.”
Saul claimed that officials handcuffed some children outside the room if they didn’t behave well.
“The whole time I was there children were crying,” he said.
The immigrant teen explained that he felt mistreated during his six days at an immigration detention center, stating there was only one bathroom for 200 people.
“My time in the ice boxes was the worst experience of my life. I hardly slept for six days,” Saul testified. “The lights were on for 24 hours a day and they didn’t allow us to sleep because they came in every 2 hours to count how many children were there.”

Now read where this teenager is living,,,

The immigrant teen currently lives in Long Island, N.Y., with his mother and four sisters and will be starting school in September.

Does it get cold there? November - 46.2 F./7.8 C., December 36.6 F./2.5 C., January - 31.9 degrees F/-0.05 C,
February - 33.4 F./7 C., March - 41.1 F./5.05 C., April - 49.7 F./ 9.8 C.
Do any of you believe the Border Patrol Station was Colder than these Temps?
Progressive's poor immigrant

edit on 30-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

you're supporting that position by ignoring the inherent problem with it that is currently FEEDING THE PROBLEM. if you want to be part of the solution you need to address that issue, as well.

I KNOW what the "problem is" -

you don't know me, nor my experiences/education or background.

How many immigrants have you gotten to know?
REALLY gotten to "know"?

How many life stories have you heard? How many times have you visited a migrant-worker compound at a farm where families live in ONE-ROOM cinder block apartments? How many times have you conversed with someone from Ethiopia, or Nigeria, or Somalia or Sudan? Or Mexico or Honduras or El Salvador or Guatemala?

edit on 7/30/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

the topic is the op. the op has a bigotry laden cartoon that not only tries to pigeon hole white americans as fat, bible believing racists, but also as cruel and inhumane.

It was not ME who started the thread!! I am merely participating in it.
I also did not DRAW that cartoon.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but you are NOT entitled to label me a bigot and a racist.

Were you aware that Obama met with the leaders of the countries from whence these people came, and they have all agreed that things need to be cooperatively improved in those countries?

Look it up. Look up the poverty, violence, and disenfranchisement south of our border.
Spend 10 years looking into it, and talking to people - then come back and try to dress me down, undo.

As for our current 'chat' - that is all. Ad hominem character attacks are not allowed here.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Since when does faith equate to embracing people that are breaking the law, and allow them to continue to break the law?

I love it when Progressives try to work the whole "Christianity" angle when they have nothing else to fall back to.

That and racism are the "ace up the sleeve".

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join