It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:44 PM
a reply to: muse7

Good lord, You people are too obsessed with whatever talking points you cling on to.

For one this got under my skin I dont take my thoughts from any pin headed politician.

And I really take that as a big insult.

These people are already under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Government. They are detained, we have to take care of them, we must provide shelter for them, we must provide them with food and water and basic medical care and evaluations. It's not the "liberal" thing to do, but it's what we must do.

50 years ago they were caught and then bussed right back across the boarder. INS would pull up to a job site or an apartment building with buses load up and back to Mexico. Now they are given a court date 6 months out then never show up never to be seen again.

Of course we need to care for them while in custody.

The greatest country on earth? Shouldn't we set an example to the rest of the world on how to deal with humanitarian crises?

Setting examples haven't been our strong point lately . We have have some good chances and we just blew them off why is this special . Oh the kids ( some of these countries kids are pimping their sister at 10 or watching for cartels running messages or drugs or boxing till unconscious in bars instead of first grade of a school) Oh BTW not a talking point been there and seen stuff I wish I could forget. And some kids i wish we could help . Which is the sweet adorable farm kid and which is a child protege of a cartel boss.

What crisis the Iraqi Christians fleeing ISIS now that is a crisis this is a flood of illegal immigration. Some countries illegal immigration is met with death here maybe someday they will get deported.

You know what I would love to say let them all stay. But we cant saddle all the burden.

While we are housing feeding these people we have our own in dire straights wheres the rush to help them. While the illegal immigrates they are getting fed there are American homeless and vets begging to get food. That is not right!

Some how all these people got the idea you get here you can stay. If we dont start sending them back now this wave of humanity will turn to a tsunami . If we cant handle it now just wait its going to get worse.

edit on Tuesday201430314873109America/Chicago29 by Lostinthedarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:03 PM

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: LDragonFire

a reply to: LDragonFire

how old are the kids?

Do you think there all the same age and all named Jose?

are they babies like in that cartoon or teenagers or both?

This article should answer your question undo.
Here you go, I'll give you a link to an article with the pictures you're looking for.
No, most of the kids are with their parents or older brothers or sisters, mostly mom's and kids the teenagers and grown men.

“Most of those released will abscond and never show up for their hearings, taking their chances that ICE won't have the time or resources to go looking for them," she added. "Until they can get to where they want to go, they're overwhelming local community resources in cities like Laredo, El Paso, and Tucson that haven't had enough time to prepare for this ‘solution.' This is an awful way to showcase what cartel and gang violence is doing to children and their families in Central America, and it's a humiliating example of what our government's inability to develop solid immigration and border security policies can cause.”

Pic's bottom article
edit on 30-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:11 PM

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Conservative compassion ends at birth. After that, you're on your own you freakin' deadbeat!

Leftist compassion ends at the point of a scalpel.

Unless your pushing a political agenda.

You're Absolutely Correct, Like N. Pelosi!!!!

What did she say, these kid's belonged to Jesus,,,,,

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:38 PM

originally posted by: neo96
Parts of a 'law' from someone they can't stand passed.

Actually, parts of the whole body of law passed by many people over many years.

Obeying a part of a law, passed by someone you dislike, is still obeying the law which brings us right back to the question, what are you complaining about?
edit on 29-7-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:44 PM

originally posted by: CB328

We should be giving free birth control to everyone on earth or the whole world will be like Detroit in 50 years.

Wow......mighty big heart ya got there. What exactly did you mean by that statement? Such Liberal and Progressive thought.

I'd rather you insert your own foot in your mouth.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:29 AM
while we're at it, we should also take refugees from europe, cause if we don't, that place is gonna make hitler look like a saint. it's a death trap already.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:00 AM

while we're at it, we should also take refugees from europe, cause if we don't, that place is gonna make hitler look like a saint. it's a death trap already.

What's inhumane is these kids are having to travel with cartel members to get here. We really ought to bring them here ourselves. Just park some 747s at a runway and open the hatch and wave em through with a smile.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:55 AM

originally posted by: Tatanka
Is it just white people, who are upset with the way Obama is doing things in this country? Is it just whites who are upset over illegal immigration? Let this blow the race card out of the water

Not caught up in the thread yet, but had to reply to your post. In all the threads on illegal immigration, for as many years as I have been here, most of the pro illegal folk refuse to acknowledge that we have poor and frightened people here. When some of us repeat things over and over like a broken record, it is because we refuse to have those people ignored like they aren't even human beings worthy of discussion and compassion.

We acknowledge that we have compassion for poor people all over the world. We acknowledge there are indeed serious problems. But when all I hear of from most pro illegal folks is about the plight of the poor illegals wanting a better life and we take them in, millions upon millions while our own people are left to fall through the cracks and suffer, it isn't right. It never was right and it never will be right. To even think that we could possibly take in the world's poor is nothing but a dream. We would all love to see people from all over the world having their needs met, but sadly it isn't happening.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:03 AM

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Asylum from what ?

Just because the White House calls them 'refugees' makes it 'so'.

How about the media go there and show us just exactly what they are 'escaping' from ?

It has been posted in similar threads that when many of these 'refugees' were interviewed, they said that it was in their news in their own Country that if they came here now they would not be deported. There were cheat sheets found telling these people to SAY they are refugees. Not saying that there aren't any refugees at all, but most were not.

Also people seem to still believe that these are all small kids coming through when it was mostly teens on the verge of adulthood, men and women.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:42 AM
a reply to: Dukesy

Excellent common sense video! I embedded it for you.

Everyone should see this and listen carefully.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:52 AM

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
These women and children are being trucked in by the thousands, and they are not here to work. They get immediate help with food stamps and TANF, along with medical care and a host of other goodies.

Do your due diligence. Illegals are not eligible for, nor can they lawfully receive food stamps or TANF.

One stolen identity or anchor baby and they get food stamps, medical, cheap housing...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:59 AM
a reply to: Night Star

Brilliant video that truly shows the reality of the situation.

None of the Western policies are actually helping. Aid is too often tied to the wants of Big Business to take (Steal) natural resources. It is a never ending circle of lies and deceit.

Those lies and the deceptions are being played out right now on the US Southern border region. Follow the money trail. Something is not right. Some one, big and powerful, has worked out how to rip off some serious money from the US taxpayers.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:41 AM

Well Muse these folks and many others know they are getting played, tooled with the compassion thing. Americans have been hearing it for years.

These calls for compassion, especially here, look more like the last ditch effort of an otherwise untenable policy. Not to mention an 8 billion $ price flag.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:17 AM
a reply to: WhereAreTheGoodguys

Agreed to all points.
Yes, the government and Wall Street are to blame. This is THEIR "child." THEY should do something about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:27 AM
a reply to: pheonix358

Some one, big and powerful, has worked out how to rip off some serious money from the US taxpayers.

Yes. It's called "never-ending-war" AKA the military/industrial complex.

what they "budget" for military world-policing and destruction of other people and their homes - including very highly PAID mercenary private armies organized by Evangelical Christians (see Erik Prince and Blackwater) rather than our own soldiers - would feed and house EVERYONE.

But no. Let's just cause mass chaos and misery, death and tension all over the damned place. Shut down the M/I complex and attend to domestic needs instead - "domestic" in the sense not only of "right here at home" but also "housing, food, clothing, jobs, and safety".

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:17 AM

The Tea Party are a bunch of radical right wing nuts nowadays. That movement was hijacked almost from the onset of it's birth. It's not balanced at all. I am all for us taking care of our own but we also need to embrace what formed and makes this country so great to this day. The Government is full of ass hats who make the Government look bad. Until we expose al of these idiots for what they are we are all in danger.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:47 AM
ill say it again just because im sure most missed it.

Just about every single person on this thread thinks they need to go and illegal immigration needs to stop. BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL is all that matters and until you people stop arguing over stupid slogans and talking points nothing is going to be done. This is what they want, with everyone fighting about stupid stuff we wont be able to group together and fix it. Now you should be able to see why nothing ever gets done in the legislative branch to much bickering over "its my way or the highway" and not enough actually coming together and finding solutions.

it sounds to me that many of you wont be content until we load everyone of them into rail cars and ship them to places where they can be left to starve and die. Or we could execute them all and burn the bodies.

the real argument that is going on here is how to send them back, so i will pose this question. what is your solution to the proplem? and please detail it from capture to deportation.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:57 AM
a reply to: NavyDoc

Sorry gonna have to call you on your B.S. you said laws shouldnt be based on what Jesus would or wouldn't do but what about when it comes to abortion or gays?? Then its all about what would jesus do and its against my religion crarp. Cant you see the hypocrisy and bigotry?

I thought this was a great thread which some posters clearly didnt read or fail to get the point and are just spewing random hate and nonsense . i absoultly 100% agree that these kids need to be sent back to their countries thats not up for debate for me thats coming from a hispanic texan. But do y'all just wanna throw them in cages and drop them off in mexico where some are not even from and say "not my problem"

The mindset of the delusional far right conservative. fear mongering hate and bigotry all rolled In one.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:03 AM
a reply to: TexasSeabee

See your the problem.

it sounds to me that many of you wont be content until we load everyone of them into rail cars and ship them to places where they can be left to starve and die. Or we could execute them all and burn the bodies. 

What in the hell are you talking about?

So it's a black or white issue? Either let them in or allow them to starve and die or face execution?

It has nothing to do with how things "sound". Because obviously your not that great of a listener.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:08 AM
Congress just went on vacation, anyone else bothered by this?

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>