learn more

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+63 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Tea Party town hall erupts as Texas state Rep urges ‘compassion’ for migrant kids

A town hall meeting held by Texas Tea Party state Rep. David Simpson (R) on Wednesday got heated as Simpson’s constituents railed at him for not doing more to stop the influx of unaccompanied, undocumented minors coming to the United States from Central and South America.

Simpson attempted to tell the crowd of about 160 residents that the thousands of children arriving at the Mexico-U.S. border are fleeing lives of violence and abuse, including gangsters who specialize in trafficking children as sex slaves. Texans should treat the children with compassion, he said, a notion that his audience summarily rejected.

After Simpson’s slide show of the faces of some of the border children, Longview resident Terri Hill said, “I believe your constituents should come first when you talk about people who are impacted. You are to represent us, and we have children. These [migrant children] are people that are coming in with leprosy, tuberculosis, polio.”

Link

First of all I must say that I'm glad true Christians like this congressmen still exist. It's time the tea party dropped the Christian image that they have attached their movement to, because going by some of the things these people said they are FAR from Christians. Although I'm not a Christian myself nor am I affiliated with any religious movement, I'm a firm believer in the phrase "practice what you preach".

Here's the kicker:

“We need our borders protected. We need a lot of things, but what we don’t need is more people at the trough,” said Thomas Rolland to Simpson. “These people are not coming in with a good, Christian heart. Most of them are criminals, anyway.”

The most shocking part of this whole thing is that Congressman Simpson was not actually disagreeing with them on the issue that these children should be sent back to wherever they came from but these people are simply too obsessed with their vitriolic rhetoric to have realized that.

I also agree that these kids should be sent back to wherever they came from, but I also understand that they must be processed to figure out where they came from and what country to send them back to.

Politics aside, I'm just sick of this issue. Not because of the thousands of kids that are coming in through the border illegally but by the lack of compassion and empathy, the dehumanization, the blatant fear mongering that is being spread around.

Lepers
Rapists
Murderers
Disease ridden moochers

So sad.

Hate me all you want but I find this quote very accurate.

"We've become a nation of slogan-saying, bile-spewing hatemongers. We've lost our kindness. We've lost our soul."
-God Bless America

It's time some of you reconsider your faith and religion

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I would like to multiple-star your posting!

Whenever I saw Pictures of seven-year-olds, waving some paper with an Adress in Maybelivingthereornot, AL - I feel like misery.

Where is your "Send my your poor,..."?
And where are your religious believes now?

Where is it?

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

These children's parents shouldn't have sent them here in the first place. We can barely manage our own country and children's well being as it is, so how is it that spending billions on these kids is going to help us at all? I agree that as a human that cares or good Christian we should help them in a perfect world but this world we live in is far from it and we have so many things that need fixing before we can fix anyone else. What good is a broken system for broken children? Eventually I'd love to help out. I just can't do it when there are so many other problems that need attention and one's that aren't purely politically motivated. Obama is a turd of a president and we're seeing how low he will go for votes right now, using innocent children to further his own pathetic agenda. Again I do sympathize with kids that need help, just not how it's happening.

+46 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
So we are to believe that a seven year old living somewhere in South America, manages to walk thousands of miles with no food, water or money and manages to make it to the promised land after passing through multiple countries, passing through border crossings etc etc.

I am not buying it! It is just plain ridiculous.

Something else is afoot!

This is a snow job for someone's benefit.

Remember the tag line

Its for the children, think of the poor children

I think you need to change the name of the White House. Perhaps Crap House would be better.

P

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Wow,.. maybe that image you show should show a citizen of this country that is HELPLESS,STARVING,ALONE...

Have any compassion for them??

After we get our own back yard in order then MAYBE we can take on THE REST OF THE F-ING WORLD!!!

BTW, most of these so-called "children" are gang-bangers ready to set up shop in YOUR town...

Why don't you just post your address so they can live with you?? MMMKAY??

children...

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
In a perfect world we would be able to take in anyone at any time and take care of their needs. In reality, sometimes that isn't possible. Given that... I think that the children who have been sent here should be taken care of, have their needs met, and returned home. I do not like the whole illegal immigrant situation, but I also do not think that we can just let the children that are here starve, stay sick, etc. we can see to those needs. We should see to those needs and again... They should be sent back.

No country in the world could withstand an influx of people from all over the world and see to their every need for years and years without having it affect everyone in that country. Our system is strained as it stands, what good does it do anyone if it collapses entirely?

I understand why people want to come here. I do. I don't blame them at all for it. I don't think any adult should ignore the needs of any child regardless of where they come from. There has to be a middle ground here. It can't be all or nothing for everyone. It is possible to do what we can and send them home. Those calling for something otherwise where children are concerned may need to find a little empathy as they can not help who sent them, who brought them here, etc. they don't need to suffer while they are here because of that.

I certainly don't want any child to die in any street in any country. But I do feel like they shouldn't be bussing them in when we can't see after our own. Using "the children" to virtually blackmail folks into letting everyone stay is a sad tactic as well.

It's a problem that needs to be fixed. I don't know how to fix it at this point and those in charge don't seem concerned enough to try themselves.
edit on 7/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

What a compession. What a fine example of what can go wrong with the human mind, if it is exposed to propaganda long enough.

Okay, I will not be liked for this posting, but I don't care.

The situation in many countries south the us-american border is wrong and horrible in such ways that you and me wouldn't want to live there for a minute. Yet, the parents of children desperate enough to send their children AWAY are despised..

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
They are using immigration to destroy countries, it is happening in Britain too. People will not mix, the elite know this! It will cause more trouble and they will take away more of our right's.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hey, that scenario is NOT impossible! Desperation in huge levels drives people to do the seemingly insane. Or maybe the children left on their own and their parents couldn't get the local police to look for them?

I do not seek excuses.

I seek for pity and sympathy.

If there is none to be found, none should be given.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
In a perfect world we would be able to take in anyone at any time and take care if their needs. In reality, sometimes that isn't possible. Given that... I think that the children who have been sent here should be taken care of, have their needs met, and returned home. I do not like the whole illegal immigrant situation, but I also do not think that we can just let the children that are here starve, stay sick, etc. we can see to those needs. We should see to those needs and again... They should be sent back.

Their need is to stay away from their failed own country!
Send them back and they will have a live a mother doesn't want for her children!

No country in the world could withstand an influx of people from all over the world and see to their every need for years and years without having it affect everyone in that country. Our system is strained as it stands, what good does it do anyone if it collapses entirely?

First, please check that writing on the SoL.
Second, the USA does still have a far larger budget (even for charity) than most if not all countries south of it combined.

I understand why people want to come here. I do. I don't blame them at all for it. I don't think any adult should ignore the needs of any child regardless of where they come from. There has to be a middle ground here. It can't be all or nothing for everyone. It is possible to do what we can and send them home. Those calling for something otherwise where children are concerned may need to find a little empathy as they can not help who sent them, who brought them here, etc. they don't need to suffer while they are here because of that.

How about a special kind of semi-orphanage? Something governmental to raise those kids, let them be good citizens? No, I am not talking about those horror-story-alike orphanages from Disney movies or Charles Dickens. Modern times, modern orphanages. That would be a possible way.

There are no millions on the march. There are about 100.000 on their ways. That should be a feasible burden.

I certainly don't want any child to die in any street in any country. But I do feel like they shouldn't be bussing them in when we can't see after our own. Using "the children" to virtually blackmail folks into letting everyone stay is a sad tactic as well.

It's a problem that needs to be fixed. I don't know how to fix it at this point and those in charge don't seem concerned enough to try themselves.

First, and this is of concern to my mother-country as well, there should be far more structured rules about fetching their parents from their countries. Not every 17 year old is still as depending on it's parents like a 7 year old. There should be differences in the decision which parent is invited and which not.

Secondly - being a rich nation brings a burden with it. It's kind of "part of the package". Only very small yet rich countries like Suisse, Luxembourg and such are able to barricade themselves.

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The only way I could agree with your sentiments regarding this would be if the whole situation had not been made to happen by a corrupt and thoroughly dishonest president and his criminal administration.

The whole situation has been engineered to happen like this so anyone against supporting this influx of diseased and crime ridden people can be pointed at as non compassionate and uncaring to those in need.

Mexico still has the same leaders and their is nothing in the news about their government collapsing, or even any news of the Mexican government doing anything themselves to help their own people.

Has the Red Cross offered to go down to Mexico and offer aid to anyone? IS there a natural disaster there that we aren't hearing about? Why is Mexico not lifting one finger to help all these so called refugees? What happened in Mexico so suddenly that they are arriving in droves here now?

If this wasn't made to happen by our own worthless president, and Mexico's own worthless and corrupt government, then I could get behind supporting the whole affair.

The whole thing stinks of being engineered by the most corrupt administration America has ever seen, and everyone knows it.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Deeeeeeeepoooooorrt.

Send them back.

No compassion.

I believe in American borders and a legal process for becoming an American. Allowing these burdens in may be compassionate, but it is also economically stupid.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
blatant fear mongering that is being spread around.

Lepers
Rapists
Murderers
Disease ridden moochers

So sad.

Is it fear mongering if its true?

www.ice.gov...

n FY 2013:
ICE conducted a total of 368,644 removals.

ICE conducted 133,551 removals of individuals apprehended in the interior of the U.S.

82 percent of all interior removals had been previously convicted of a crime.

ICE conducted 235,093 removals of individuals apprehended along our borders while attempting to unlawfully enter the U.S.

59 percent of all ICE removals, a total of 216,810, had been previously convicted of a crime.

ICE apprehended and removed 110,115 criminals removed from the interior of the U.S.

ICE removed 106,695 criminals apprehended at the border while attempting to unlawfully enter the U.S.

98 percent of all ICE FY 2013 removals, a total of 360,313, met one or more of ICE's stated civil immigration enforcement priorities.

Of the 151,834 removals of individuals without a criminal conviction, 84 percent, or 128,398, were apprehended at the border while attempting to unlawfully enter the U.S. and 95 percent fell within one of ICE's stated immigration enforcement priorities.

The leading countries of origin for those removed were Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador.
edit on 29-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Really?

What value does a strong economy have, if all it does is make heartless, unforgiving automatons of everyone who benefits from it?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Really?

What value does a strong economy have, if all it does is make heartless, unforgiving automatons of everyone who benefits from it?

Depends on how much you enjoy being heartless and economically secure.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I have compassion for a lot of things. Illegal immigrant burdens among criminals riding in on the backs of cartel members isn't one of them.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

So would you pick a fat wallet over a good heart? Would you abandon all the most positive elements of human nature, just so that you can waft a wad under a nose every now and again, or even, just so that you can afford a lifestyle with which you are familiar?

If you lack the basic capacity to love your fellow human beings, equally, regardless of their origins, then make no mistake, you are no better than those from whom the immigrants are running, nor any better than those who created the problems in your government. That attitude is part of the problem on this planet, not its solution.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

So would you pick a fat wallet over a good heart? Would you abandon all the most positive elements of human nature, just so that you can waft a wad under a nose every now and again, or even, just so that you can afford a lifestyle with which you are familiar?

I enjoy my life despite my attitude towards children who will only ever affect me economically.

If you lack the basic capacity to love your fellow human beings, equally, regardless of their origins, then make no mistake, you are no better than those from whom the immigrants are running, nor any better than those who created the problems in your government. That attitude is part of the problem on this planet, not its solution.

I don't and won't treat everyone equally.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You'll never get through to them, I knew that I would get some nasty replies in this thread.

Many people spewing this vile hatred don't see these immigrants as human at all. They are a sub-human species to them.

It's sad when self proclaimed Christians babble on about fetuses and how much they care about life but yet you know that deep inside they are despicable and heartless.

These people's true beliefs are often the complete inverse of what they claim.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
Deeeeeeeepoooooorrt.

Send them back.

No compassion.

I believe in American borders and a legal process for becoming an American. Allowing these burdens in may be compassionate, but it is also economically stupid.

This post summarizes beautifully the point I'm trying to make.

Never did I mention allowing these kids to stay here, in fact in my O.P I even said that these kids should be sent back to whatever country they came from.

People are so obsessed with their vile rhetoric that they often miss the point.
edit on 7/29/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join