It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it ever okay for a man to punch a woman?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Yea, but even if the woman is asking for it, you will be the one, everyone blames,
none will think of equality!

They will go like,
-ohh that coward hit a woman n stuff,
even if she acts like a bully none will care...

I've met plenty of women taking advantage of that,
ex. my neighbour hits her boyfriend every now and then, n her swearing voice sounds like a truck driver or something!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

Very true, and the playing field needs to be level. But I do know that if the police see that the man has been attacked,they WILL arrest the female for battery.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'd say yes, it is ok to punch a woman.

However... It is not ok to punch anyone, and certainly not women, in most situations.
Some woman are tougher and stronger then men though, and when they puncg a guy... I think they can be punched in return.

Personally I never punch anyone though.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

If you are attacked and you fear for your safety then you have the right to defend yourself.
Personally I wouldn't punch a woman in the face as there are far better ways of restraining someone but you would most definitely be justified in doing so.

If anyone wants to fight... with hands and feet etc, then they get what's coming to them, man or woman.

Then again, I'm also very non-violent so it would have to be a very extreme situation.

What you described was a woman shouting and swearing at you and that would not require a violent response.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Strip the gender taboo out of this right now. If someone swings at you, I don't care if it's an innie or a dangler, you have a right to defend yourselves. A first punch is a first punch, they all have equal intent. If you aren't the one throwing out the first punch, you have every right to prevent another one. If you did throw out the first punch, you're an idiot, and good luck with that aftermath -- I've seen scrawny little twigs whip the arses of beefier folks. Size doesn't mean squat, it's all about how you conduct yourself in a physical confrontation.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Only if she hits with excessive force and it is in self defense.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Only way it would be ok to punch a lady is in serious self defense (i.e. she has some kind of weapon, etc. and is realistically threatening you with serious bodily injury).

Even then, I'd search for other ways to resolve the situation (such as a good bitch slap) over a punch. But even that would require some serious circumstances. Otherwise, never had a situation where I simply couldn't block/restrain, etc. (or simply taking what they dish out).

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
They wanted equal rights and i am not a very violent guy.
Here is the golden rule.
Don't do anything to me that would earn one of my male counterparts a black eye and we will get along just fine.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What about if she didn't attack you? What if she's just being an extreme bitch. I think some things can hurt a person worse than a punch or a kick. If someones hurting you mentally or hurting your heart is it not also an attack on you?

I treat each individual accordingly, male or female.

Basically what im saying is its ok to hit one, even if you're not doing it in physical defense of yourself. That's my opinion.

It's been done forever. Only recently has it become as taboo as it is, and look at the situation its caused.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

edit on 3-8-2014 by LadySkadi because: no comment, gnats are weak

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join