It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN field reporter Karl Penhaul has an epiphany, and is then cut off by a War Monger (Wolf Blitzer)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I mean, Wolf Blitzer.

So, I was watching CNN just minutes ago, when a field report from Gaza, by Karl Penhaul was interrupted by Wolf Blitzer. It shows the glaring propaganda machine that all the MSM trot out, every day, to scare people

Karl Penhaul was talking about how he was at the home of a young child whose mother was seeing him for the last time before burial. He said, "It was the first time I felt this way, but enough is enough." He then went on to talk about a young girl who knew this young boy, Mohammed, who had been killed. He was retelling what she said, that he liked math, loved football, and then an explosion went off behind him. He turned, stopped, but then started retelling his story.

That's when Wolf Blitzer cut him off, and told him to be silent so that they could listen to the explosions. Wolf then moved the conversation away from the young boy dying (Karl Penhaul never finished the story), and on to the explosions, war, and rockets fired at Israel.

It's really disgusting. I do this every day, and only watch to see what garbage they are trying to spew upon American minds. Just so I know what game they are playing. But here, we have a reporter trying to detail an epiphany that he had, that, "Enough was enough," and it was cut off, and shoved into the garbage.

It really makes me hate them even more, when such obvious propaganda, and mind control is being utilized right in front of my eyes. Abhorrent.

I obviously don't have video, so you'll just have to believe me that it happened. There is earlier video where he did get to tell his story, in a different manner earlier that day on CNN, here:

www.cnn.com...
edit on 28-7-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

It is sick isn't it? Watching CNN, that is.
In all seriousness, abandon the bought propaganda and put on your thinking cap. It takes much more time, I'm afraid.

Prison Gaza is indefensible, unless you claim birthright superiority as the Zionists do. And it seems they are everywhere in the media and entertainment industries.

If you have a claim of birthright, we then, you can justify any sort of inhuman behavior.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Why even bother watching CNN?
If you look at former CNN journalist Amber Lyon (maybe look at the Joe Rogan Podcast with her as a guest) you will see the BS in journalism and the conspiracy on smart phones at the same time.

Or as I like to put it....dumb people with smart phones.

To give a summary on this video....she went to Saudi Arabia and uncovered some real good stuff....she wasn't allowed to bring it to light and was fired....have a listen.

edit on 28-7-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
OP, the reason I threw out my tv was because like you, it made me angry!

Since I got shot of it I find I am better informed. Its so easy to stare at a box for a few minutes and think we have an idea of whats going on in the world, but as you said, all you see is propaganda, but there's more! There's the psychology side of it too!
It took me a long time to realise I was meant to get angry when I watched tv.

Turn it off for a month. Can you do that? I bet you'll find it very difficult to not turn it back on! Why is that? Are you addicted to it? No? Then ask yourself if you can really turn it off for a month, and if not, why not?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I agree it's disgusting, and the worst part is you just have to watch maybe 10-20 minutes of any big news company to see this. I'm glad I'm not alone when it comes to watching the news just to see what sh*t they're trying to force feed the public, it is astounding to say the least.

I remember flicking through Sky, BBC, FOX, CNN, RT and al-jazeera on the night Israel started their ground invasion...so most of the channels had a reporter out in gaza with the city in the background with smoke pouring out at places and the odd flare in the sky, and they're explaining how hamas are a threat to the Israeli people...but doesn't explain the sheer force Israel have (Iron dome, air strikes, missile strikes etc.) compared to Hamas (Although, after reading this, they might be a thougher force than I thought, espeically if back by ISIS.

But then suddenly almost all of the channels turned to BREAKING NEWS and it was the Malaysian prime minister (I think) giving a statement about the MH-17 crash, I think RT was the only one that didn't have a reporter in Gaza. At that time Al-Jazeera didn't show that, instead they had a member of hamas on set and was condeming Israel about using that much force and was spouting a lot of pro-hamas BS. But it was like whatever you watch is either massively bias one way or the other, and it's only the American ones that try and make it into some sort of entertainment/panel-host show...I just stick to finding my own trusted sources online, but even here you have to be careful.

I seriously don't understand how someone can watch the news and soak up what they tell you as the solid facts, okay maybe the statistics and what is visably happening are factual but they don't tell you the full story and they never will

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I've never been a fan of Wolf Blitzer, as a matter of fact, back in the day, I actually stopped watching CNN regularly because of Wolf joining CNN.

Call me simple.

edit on 28-7-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
BINGO!!!
I still have mine because I enjoy reality shows...you know, others call them cartoons!

There are also other shows I will watch, but I still can see the propaganda in a lot of things.
I think the trick is just watching with your guard up, don't let the crap in but enjoy the pretty colors and all.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
a reply to: VoidHawk
BINGO!!!
I still have mine because I enjoy reality shows...you know, others call them cartoons!

There are also other shows I will watch, but I still can see the propaganda in a lot of things.
I think the trick is just watching with your guard up, don't let the crap in but enjoy the pretty colors and all.

Yeah but what are the pretty colors doing to you!

Just joking LOL

You know what still makes me angry about television? Its what they COULD be using it for.
Just imagine if it was used for unbiased honest education! I've seen some of whats put across as educational programs these days and to be honest it aint worth a toss.

We've got 24/7/365 GARBAGE!
You know the old saying - Garbage in - Garbage out.

In amongst the garbage there are a few gems and luckily my daughters record those for me. About every month while visiting I copy the recording to a usb stick and watch them at home. There's no way though that I could ever have one of those things back in my home!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Former lobbyist for AIPAC and writer for the Jerusalem Post Wolf Blitzer being biased? Noooooooooooo, say it aint so.

edit on 28-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Blitzer was/is once a member of AIPAC. Those who control the Media, control the message.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
It really is disheartening.

I saw two versions of this interview...the second was so callous. Penhaul was recounting what the boy's friend remembered was best about him and Blitzer cut him off and asks him to describe the shelling...

Between this and Blitzer's atrocious interview with Bloomberg, CNN should pull him and replace him with someone with less questionable journalistic ethics.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
CNN is the official American news network.
I call it the CIA NEWS NETWORK
It’s a CIA front most likely

Anderson Cooper the most boring lowest rated guy on TV seems to keep his job though no body watches him. He was a CIA intern. That’s probably where he got pumped

Anderson Cooper worked for the CIA. Following his sophomore and junior years at Yale — a well-known recruiting ground for the CIA — Cooper spent his summers interning at the agency’s monolithic headquarters in Langley, Virginia, in a program for students interested in intelligence work. His involvement with the agency ended there, and he chose not to pursue a job with the agency after graduation, according to a CNN spokeswoman, who confirmed details of Cooper’s CIA involvement to Radar. wonkette.com...

As well Wolf Blitzer, Zionist AIPAC stooge is another guy one can use to go to sleep on also seems to keep his job though there ratings are very low.

The CIA likes continuity

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I don't own a TV and haven't for some time.

Its a choice.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The story being told by Karl was propaganda. It was an emotional plea, not a factual broadcast. So propaganda is only ok if done by those you like.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Fair point, to be sure.

But it's also propaganda to beat the drums over and over about the rockets raining down on Israel from Gaza - without highlighting the conditions that exist in Gaza. Or to say that Hamas hides behind innocents, without noting that Gaza is a densely populated urban area...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Who gives a plastic gun, to a child living in a warzone?

If it's their parents, they should be put on trial for killing their own child.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Fair point, to be sure.

But it's also propaganda to beat the drums over and over about the rockets raining down on Israel from Gaza - without highlighting the conditions that exist in Gaza. Or to say that Hamas hides behind innocents, without noting that Gaza is a densely populated urban area...

The conditions are a result of hostilities Israel did not start. Israel tries to minimize casualties asking civilians to leave. Hamas hides weapons in schools and hospitals. Gaza may be densely populated, what does Hamas do to minimize casualties?

I do not claim Israel is perfect and does no wrong, I do find Hamas has much more culpability.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Who gives a plastic gun, to a child living in a warzone?

If it's their parents, they should be put on trial for killing their own child.

A Quote from "The Ministry of Truth?"

It's Sadly Amazing how the Victims are always turned into the Villains.
It's an Upside Down World by Design.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

When you turn on CNN and the only thing you see is 5 minutes of reporting and then 15 minutes of commercial breaks where they constantly promote their own reporting with some badass themes and pictures, you can judge pretty quickly they intention when it comes to news reporting.

Personally, I think Vice News is a very good news source, and their reports and documentaries are very good.

I was very surprised to see several VN reporters being interviewed by CNN during the MH17 events. But they were only called upon until CNN could have their own reporters there. After that, it was CNN stuff as usual...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yeah, I moved out of my parents house around 2002 and haven't personally owned a TV since then. I've had roommates that did and watched a little here and there, as I did when visiting family. However, that probably adds up to an average of maybe 30 hours of TV a year, if you don't include movies rented or streamed. But yes, I haven't owned one and rarely watch it because it has become the most powerful tool of propaganda ever created. There obviously are good shows, but most, especially news, are total manipulation, whether that is conscious or not. I watch it so seldom that when I do watch TV, especially with all of the commercials, it seems so surreal and strange.

originally posted by: VoidHawk
OP, the reason I threw out my tv was because like you, it made me angry!

Since I got shot of it I find I am better informed. Its so easy to stare at a box for a few minutes and think we have an idea of whats going on in the world, but as you said, all you see is propaganda, but there's more! There's the psychology side of it too!
It took me a long time to realise I was meant to get angry when I watched tv.

Turn it off for a month. Can you do that? I bet you'll find it very difficult to not turn it back on! Why is that? Are you addicted to it? No? Then ask yourself if you can really turn it off for a month, and if not, why not?

top topics

join