It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't someone who wins the lottery...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
...use that money to create a real news station, available in all major cities across the USA, at first, and spread out after that. I am so tired of not having a real news station (BBC America is the closest, it's really interesting to see news from around the world on there). It would be interesting, also, if they delved deeply into things, and educated people on past events.

Much like here on ATS, where the real story behind current events is explained, only on TV. Real education, and real news.

Oh wait...not enough people would watch it to make money...which is why it needs to be someone rich, who can afford to bleed some money.

Do you ever think that will happen? A truly independent news station in the USA, that really reports news from around the world, and not the same, tired, old 2-3 news stories every day?
edit on 28-7-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

Every news are biased, depending the views and background of the broadcasting company. So its real to some and not so real to someone else.
Beside independent broadcasting companies are basicly suffering from funds.. if you want to waste your lottery money... it´s your money to say bye bye...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I understand your frustration but...

A company which knows on forehand it is going to bleed money, and not making any.... not gonna happen.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Do you ever think that will happen? A truly independent news station in the USA, that really reports news from around the world, and not the same, tired, old 2-3 news stories every day?

When was the last time we heard of a "new" News station?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If I won the lottery I would be too busy with my new major league baseball franchise or NFL team! Seriously, though you could do a lot more good for people helping them with the money than trying to play a rigged news game

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Look what happens to journalists who give us the real story!!!

Fantastic idea, but how could the journalists be protected from death or corruption?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Suppose you won 500 million. That might last you two or three months, IF you could get it on the air nationwide.

If you reported truths that other MSM outlets won't cover, your organization will be labeled racist, antisemitic, un-American, sexist, etc. Your reporters will not be allowed to attend Presidential press briefings, Washington insiders and other "sources" will not talk to you. Law enforcement will tell you nothing. The military will not allow your reporters to cover any military operations.

Also, you will find it next to impossible to find sponsors. Insurance companies, banks, Monsanto, etc., will not advertise on your network.

Money down the drain.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

As soon as I win a $10billion jackpot, I will do just that. Do you know how much it costs to run ONE TV station?

The internet is going to be the principal communication conduit of the future, until something comes along to replace it (and it will). The money would be more wisely spent using the internet to disseminate information, and prevent the governments of the world form taking control of it.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I only really use ats as my news aggregate.

With the forum, dissenting opinions are necessary unlike being drip fed "news" with no counter opinions or discussion. That's why news has evolved for me and I can't just "watch" something.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You would be a lot better off if you took the money and invested in a professional quality camera, a studio/set, and started producing a "news broadcast" from a YouTube channel.

Your videos would be shared and embedded in sites like ATS. The truth would spread to those willing to listen and besides the initial start up, it wouldn't cost much to maintain page. You can always find like-minded sponsors that you are willing to endorse, so you can create a cash flow for the business/channel.

As the owner, it would be your responsibility to not allow greed to corrupt the information or the way it is presented. That is the problem that we face around the world.
You must always follow the money.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You would not want me to own my own news media empire, Muhahahaha

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
I only really use ats as my news aggregate.

With the forum, dissenting opinions are necessary unlike being drip fed "news" with no counter opinions or discussion. That's why news has evolved for me and I can't just "watch" something.

I agree with this!

So, use some of the lottery earnings to advertise for ATS across the nation instead!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
There is a new outlet.
www.theblaze.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The bottom line is that in the 90's, cable news networks conducted an experiment and started issuing the news in a blatantly bias fashion, just to see how people reacted. What they learned was that conservatives really prefer to get their news with a conservative spin rather than simple, straight forward facts. Likewise, they learned that liberals preferred the same thing.

Now they have taken it even further, especially the cable news networks. Now you get your "news" from a fake hothead talk show host, pretending to be a news anchor. Now you get your news from idiots like Limbaugh or Beck. And people eat it up like they are being served up facts. They aren't. It's just op-ed after op-ed, with little to no facts used, except those twisted to fit the narrative of the current rant.

I used those hosts as examples only. All the major cable news networks are guilty, but it makes them money, and they get ratings by not being fair or balanced.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rbnhd76
There is a new outlet.
www.theblaze.com...

Eh? Just another hardcore conservative website, parading as "news". Nothing more than opinion pieces disguised as facts.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hi, "true news" fans !

One said:

. . .create a real news station. . .

We say:
??? Have you ever tried to watch a real TV station ???

Try any PBS, and you may find "a real news station" !!!
A station NOT trying to please the sponsors or shareholder$. . .

Blue skies.

top topics

join