It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son Of Hamas Founder Speaks Out About Why He Defected And What Hamas Is Planning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

No - Not worse. I'm glad to see you've placed them where they belong though. For a while there we were pretending they were a secular democracy, not religious fanatics.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You are actually questioning the authenticity of the testimony provided by the son of the founder of Hamas?

Yeah, I'm sure he has no clue what he's talking about.
edit on 29-7-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mythos13
It astounds me to read so many Pro Hamas threads and post on ATS.....

When did the terrorist become the "good" guys?

It's always been this way, backa$$wards,

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
You are actually questioning the authenticity of the testimony provided by the son of the founder of Hamas?

I think I am well within reason to question whether or not someone's statements would be biased if they worked for the intelligence services of a party engaged in conflict with the group he made the statements about. YMMV.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I call BS ....

Second ...

a reply to: Mythos13

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Psyagra

Oh...good...a drive by BSing...would you like to enlighten us with why you think it is BS?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The West is reporting today about how Hamas spent over 1 billion to build tunnels and how financially irresponsible that was but failed to mention that US taxpayers paid hundreds of millions of dollars for the Iron Dome defense system in Israel. They shame the Palestinians for paying for their own defense while never mentioning the large military handouts Israel receives from the income of Americans who are not Israeli citizens. To not discuss the relationship with the US and the actions and actors of 1948, the evidence throughout the late 19th century and early 20th century regarding Zionism, and the fact that Palestine has no actual standing military of any kind is showing no desire for a solution. If the problems of 1948 have not been resolved, how can one reason that an overall solution can be reached? If the root of a problem is never discussed what about that problem could be permanently relieved? What military does Palestine have to defend itself with? Hamas is like the black market version of a military. There was a void to fill and as Palestinians saw their borders shrink, a foreign enemy that created borders, disorganized military allies, and a need for security. Hamas didn't exist until Israel did. There was no group running around waiting for Israel to be formed so a jihad could be launched. Iran had a democratically elected leader until 1953. But after 1948, everything seemed to dramatically change. Arab people were displaced, Persians had their leader illegally removed by a foreign government all for a higher percentage of ownership of what laid beneath Persia, and terrorism became a useful tool against covert oppressors who were trying to give the impression these were organic coups and not financially backed military operations lead by western governments for corporate gains. Corporations and Western governments imposed their will after the dismantling of the Ottoman Empire and to not take that into consideration is to completely discredit a culture's history and the illusion that this is some kind of one-sided war. We call people barbarians, then strike them with uranium tipped bullets. We raze villages in countries that not only don't share our land borders, but don't even share a border with the same oceans as the US. But they are barbarians. They with no aircraft carriers, no air force, and no means of which to pose an actual threat to the West....unless the West happens to be literally in their backyards. They who kill far fewer human beings and exist in no space of our physical reality are the ones we should 'fear'? Who among us in the western world would simply be okay with another country coming into our homeland and imposing its military, economic and political ideologies on us? We dropped two nuclear weapons on a country that attacked a military outpost in a place that wasn't even a state yet. We destroyed a country's infrastructure and took over their opium business after our former allies in the 80's, the Taliban, may or may not have had something to do with planes crashing into our buildings that our government may or may not have had something to do with............in other words, we would react poorly. So to think that another country wouldn't or shouldn't feel the need to defend itself in a similar way, for similar reasons is to be in cultural denial. I don't know if western doctors have a diagnosis for that yet, but if they have a pill they can convince you to buy to cure it, I'm sure cultural-denial will become an epidemic.

This is a situation born from the collaboration of maniacs so to not understand how that would naturally create fanatics is to warmly embrace an illusion. If your government, economy and society had been manipulated for decades could you foresee people wanting to rise up against that? Could you understand how generations could be bred to dislike those that they feel put a yolk on them? This land has seen European invaders for centuries and this cycle is no different. All of the politics and ideologies are just labels to justify specific behavior that continues to repeat itself but there was a group of people living in this area that were pushed off by another group of people, who were backed by the only two countries to own atomic weapons at the time, for reasons that have never been fully presented nor rationally discussed with the international community. Everything that has happened after 1948, on both sides, overcomplicates one simple question of 'who was living in this area and why were they pushed off?'

Should all people who have been displaced, and feel they can prove it through their religion's belief, be given their original land back? Should all people who feel they have been oppressed be given a international mandate to squat on another country's shores? The creation of Israel set a modern precedent that has been quieted with terms like anti-semitic (FYI Arabs are semitic people so I would love to hear the discussion of anti-semitism and how it applies to Arabs) but without discussing Israel's formation, free of the oversensitivity to the truth, this situation will continue until one or both sides are exterminated, which means we all lose.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well said...it is truly difficult to fathom humans in organizations like Hamas who are only interested in killing others...and even more difficult to understand those that support these groups.

Do people really want Sharia law? Do supporters of Hamas know what that means for women? For education? For freedom and religious rights?

Personally, I favor freedom--not rule by terror.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I posted these in another thread, but they have applicability here:

Sick.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Islam: What the West needs to know4

youtu.be...

If you're interested in this, WATCH THIS VIDEO.
It elaborates on the Ideology and I Beg YOU
Please fined A concrete Argument against what you see.
It's not as if you don't have the time,

YOU MUST MAKE TIME TO WATCH THIS!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

You mean like the adults in Israeli screaming "death to Arabs in the streets"?

www.youtube.com...

The first action is where the root was created and until the land grab of 1948 is addressed negativity will continue to follow the situation. Israel created this situation but wants to play the victim card? That brings shame to the entire culture and the country. Again, how would you react if someone squatted in your backyard using a holy document backed by world governments as it's justification?

You can't call Hamas fanatics without calling the Jewish state fanatics. Zionists literally believe that they deserve a strip of land because a supernatural book that was plagiarised from earlier supernatural books told them so. That to me, is far more insane than a group of people finding anyway at all to defend themselves from foreign invaders. Hamas goes to intense extremes but they are at war and it's tough for one civilization, THE WEST, who has more blood on it's hands than any alliance in the history of the planet, to condemn anyone morally. Hamas exists because Israel exists and Israel exists because of an illusion. There is a contradiction there and as adults its is our job to acknowledge that.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Hamas kill their own civilians, they use them as human shields to garner media sympathy. They hide rocket stations in schools and hospitals.

This is a kid who they have talked into being a Martyr and to die.

Do not believe the Palestinian propaganda going around, most of the videos and pictures are not even from Palestine but from Syria.

Do not believe a lot of the conspiracy documentaries they are made by Islamist such as David Icke.

Ask yourself who benefits from you hating America, and Jews and especially Israel??

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Let's say for the sake of argument that's it's really him saying this without being coerced. If Hamas was really on a suicide mission from the start what is it that they wish to accomplish by this other than dying in a holy war? Do you think provoking Israel into the genecide of the ppl of Gaza would make the world turn it's back on Israel? Their are certainely more people than ever before talking about the long conflict between these two and lots more people that aren't just blindly siding with Israel.

I'm just saying for the sake of discussion and not siding with either side anymore because I honestly don't know what to think other than Israel is going to wipe Gaza of the map.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zoyd23
Well said...it is truly difficult to fathom humans in organizations like Hamas who are only interested in killing others...and even more difficult to understand those that support these groups.

Hate Jews more than liking life.

Do people really want Sharia law?

Yes.

Do supporters of Hamas know what that means for women? For education? For freedom and religious rights?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Those are the exactly the reasons they want it.

Religious fundamentalists are almost always entirely transparent about their ideology and motives. Osama bin Laden never lied.

In this case, the twin motives are a) rule and impose Islamic law, not democracy b) exterminate Jews

edit on 29-7-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RisingTerra

Didn't the US give Hamas some cash?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoondi
Let's say for the sake of argument that's it's really him saying this without being coerced. If Hamas was really on a suicide mission from the start what is it that they wish to accomplish by this other than dying in a holy war?

a) Convince Iran to give up negotiations, build nuclear weapons to destroy Israel.

b) break the alliance between Turkey and NATO and have Turkey intervene militarily. All the Arab states now are enormously weaker than Israel, but Turkey isn't.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I feel confident we can accomidate them. At some point it will become clear it is a false assumption. or Bless their Allah, they all self destruct.

All the gods of ancient Egypt....... where are they now ? And so goes their theology and beliefs.
Greek gods, same same.... lost and gone, now just a curious history.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

No, he is questioning why YOU are not concerned with the authenticity.

Probably because he said what you affirm to be true, but if he said something else....well.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

RE: "When did terrorists become good guys..."

When the word "terrorist" was co-opted by totalitarians and used to reduce human rights and freedoms... it should be replaced by another word to mean unreasonable death ideologies.

And I, too, believe Hamas and their ilk to be (nearly...because nobody is a lost cause given enough time and effort) unreachable. A cancer, indeed.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Its admirable to be willing to die for a cause, but foolish to want to die for a cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join