It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New sighting 2014, Is this the best picture of the Beast of Bodmin Moore.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
You know what it reminded me of?
One of these:

A Tasmanian Tiger

The thylacine
(/ˈθaɪləsiːn/ THY-lə-seen,[3] or /ˈθaɪləsaɪn/ THY-lə-syn,[4] also /ˈθaɪləsɨn/;[5] binomial name: Thylacinus cynocephalus, Greek for "dog-headed pouched one")
was the largest known carnivorous marsupial of modern times. It is commonly known as the Tasmanian tiger (because of its striped back) or the Tasmanian wolf.[6] Native to continental Australia, Tasmania and New Guinea, it is thought to have become extinct in the 20th century.

It was the last extant member of its family, Thylacinidae; specimens of other members of the family have been found in the fossil record dating back to the early Miocene. The thylacine had become extremely rare or extinct on the Australian mainland before British settlement of the continent, but it survived on the island of Tasmania along with several other endemic species, including the Tasmanian devil.

Intensive hunting encouraged by bounties is generally blamed for its extinction, but other contributing factors may have been disease, the introduction of dogs, and human encroachment into its habitat. Despite its official classification as extinct, sightings are still reported, though none have been conclusively proven.

en.wikipedia.org...

A real photo to compare.

Absolutely best contender yet, I doubt very much it would be anything like a pure breed more likely a cross bread between other large cats, but this certainly is very similar to me, good find.

Maybe one of those estates was into rare exotic endangered/extinct species. I could see some rich person wanting a Tasmanian tiger, getting one, and then later on realizing what they had would get them into a whole lot of trouble and releasing it into the wild. The mind would suggest it is wrong to kill an "extinct" species, and that it would be better off free over being caught with it, so someone let it go......

This would fit very well with what I have heard from the locals I have worked with.

edit on 28-7-2014 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dam00

Puma breeding wild, released by owners who could not afford the new exotic pet's licence in the 1970's, One man walking his dog was attacked by a black big cat and had the claw mark's to prove it, he startled it and it acted out of fear before darting back into the bushes, such sighting's have increased in the UK though there was alway's sighting's of black dog's going back into antiquity the cat sighting's have only really been since the late 70's and 80's onward.

I remember hearing about how the police in suffolk if I remember correctly had shot two Puma's but no official confirmation was ever given and it died down, a south african big cat traker believed they were real and spent year's looking as well.

Other places for sighting's are the new forrest in the south up to lancashire though they would likely have reached scotland by now, Puma are very secretive and avoid people so there breeding number's must still be small and while in america they have the chupacabra and cattle mutilations we have unexplained sheep and lamb, as well as calf and even a cow or two though the latter is very rare being found mauled and partially eaten, it is usually put down to domestic dog's getting into the field's but some of the injury's the farmers say the skin was peeled back.

We are a tiny island but a nation of couch potatoes so there are vast areas that people seldom go, in part because of the weather and in part because they are not well known and in scotland of course there are some flaming idiot's who want to reintroduce wolve's when the eco system that the wolves were part of is long gone and children can currently run around more or less safely, that will stop if there wolves are set free, the otter's are good but not the wolves as the fauna there consists of deer and nothing else other than domesticated cattle, rabbits and hair's, even the old oak forrests are gone with timber plantations consisting of introduced pine's from scandinavia and not native species.

I love Scotland and I love the Scot's but not those free the wolves Idiot's.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It's a cat.

There's 36 species of cat, and gawd knows how many 'sub' species.

So it's a cat, that's what it is.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The beast of Bodmin may not be alone. Pirate FM has seen police logs reporting big cat sightings in the Duchy over the last three years. They include a cat the size of a panther crossing the road in Launceston, while another was spotted dragging a dead deer in Millbrook. The string of 8 sightings in the Duchy reveal reports of a wolverine living on the Roseland. But they stretch from Mevagissey to St Merryn. You can check the official police log here...

Pirate FM (Local Radio ) 27/05/14

Some great accounts here from 1995

The farmer, John Goodenough, a shiny, weatherbeaten man with tremendous whiskers, warns those on the hunt: "You'll know when the Beast's there. There'll be no rabbits or foxes about and the birds stop singing. That's the call for caution. "And the way they kill. If it's a dog there's wool and trouble everywhere. A cat goes in, kills and eats. Very little mess," he said. Mrs Rhodes, of neighbouring Ninestones Farm, adds to the description: "Its eyes are great yellow orbs. And it has a foul scream like a woman's but 100 times magnified.

The
Independant

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK
Interesting BUT it's a Large Dog Fox.....

Look at the mussel colourings...... It's tail is extended because of its motion.......

PDUK

This was caught in Scotland a year or so ago....... Surprisingly there were a lot of 'absent' chickens as well

I agree. I used to live down near Dungeness and occasionally in the evenings we'd see a large Dog Fox walking the shingle banks. Looked just like what we see in op's pic.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Well that convinces me on that picture.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
Wow it really does look like a Tasmanian tiger! I dunno if it's the fact they enhanced the picture and it's causing the distortion I'm seeing but I think I see stripes on that beast...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Sorry for the derp, but Is a dog fox an actual cross-breed between fox and dog?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: sincerelyme
Long thought the sightings of 'big cats' in the UK were probably escaped exotic 'pets'. Who knows what all the rich folks have bought to keep on their estates, which subsequently escaped or were released into the wild.

It's not the escapees that have brought these to live in the wild. The laws changed over here, I believe in the 80's, concerning.the types of animals allowed as pets. Up until the change people could have all kinds of wild animals as domestic pets but then some animals were outlawed, some required special, expensive licences and as a result a lot of animal were simply turned loose to save the owner financial or legal troubles...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats

No, a Dog fox is just a Large Male Fox...

Still quick, agile and intelligent however they are quite brave and bold too and are not so fearful of people....

Think of it as a British wild coyote if you live in America...

PDUK

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Someone found a Wallaby in their Garden not far from Bodmin: news.bbc.co.uk...
but the front paws point the wrong direction.

Seen a couple of Foxes with missing hair on their tails through mange or scabies and without the characteristic brush; you immediately think its something weird:
www.nfws.org.uk...

edit on 29-7-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Looking at the general scale of the flora in relation to the animal I would say this is a young fox I’ve spent the last 5 years working in the British countryside and this could be a scene I’ve seen a thousand times.

The white flowers in the hedge are probably Elder flower probably about as big as a fist they look large compared to the fox even though they are a bit behind it so that tells you its quite small its probably a cub from last year.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Snout looks too long to be any sort of felid and in particular, those front legs look a bit thin for something like a cougar. Tail looks a bit too large for a canid. It actually does look like it could be a kangaroo.

Picture of a leaping kangaroo and a picture of a leaping cougar, cut out and scaled to the approximate size of the animal in the photo (aspect ratio maintained).

That is not a picture of a Kangaroo. Look at the picture you posted of the kangaroo & the original animal in question. It does not look like a Kangaroo. It looks like some soft of feline cat or maybe some sort of fox type creature.

One would think that if the person who caught the creature on camera, thought it was the actual beast, it would post all pictures & any tracks.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pez1975

I was just about to say that...a mountain lion is the best explanation

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK
Interesting BUT it's a Large Dog Fox.....

Look at the mussel colourings...... It's tail is extended because of its motion.......

PDUK

This was caught in Scotland a year or so ago....... Surprisingly there were a lot of 'absent' chickens as well

Amazing how tame those things are. It doesn't even move around while he holds it by the back legs! Wouldn't mind having one of those as a nice friendly pet/companion. What a happy little world we live in!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dam00

The beast of Bodmin may not be alone. Pirate FM has seen police logs reporting big cat sightings in the Duchy over the last three years. They include a cat the size of a panther crossing the road in Launceston, while another was spotted dragging a dead deer in Millbrook. The string of 8 sightings in the Duchy reveal reports of a wolverine living on the Roseland. But they stretch from Mevagissey to St Merryn. You can check the official police log here...

Pirate FM (Local Radio ) 27/05/14

Some great accounts here from 1995

The farmer, John Goodenough, a shiny, weatherbeaten man with tremendous whiskers, warns those on the hunt: "You'll know when the Beast's there. There'll be no rabbits or foxes about and the birds stop singing. That's the call for caution. "And the way they kill. If it's a dog there's wool and trouble everywhere. A cat goes in, kills and eats. Very little mess," he said. Mrs Rhodes, of neighbouring Ninestones Farm, adds to the description: "Its eyes are great yellow orbs. And it has a foul scream like a woman's but 100 times magnified.

The
Independant

Those accounts remind me of father Ted;

There's an even funnier bit shortly after that when the beast howls if anyone can find it

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
That is 100% a kangaroo or a wallaby, we see them all the time here running around our property

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha
It looks like a Kangooro to me. But i really doubt it is.

Was going to say that exact same thing...lol

It's a Roo, maybe escaped from a private zoo or something, def not a cat..!!

A Red by the looks and possibly a female judging by the tuft of grey on the hind quarters.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What is it with reporters? "cat-like creature" It's a cat. Am I a "human-like creature"? When I get home today I guess I will walk my "dog-like creature".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join