It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies proclaim water the next oil in a rush to turn resources into profit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

I think one of the reasons we are seeing the silence besides the obvious making deals in relative secret but also if the majority knew exactly how scarce drinking water is becoming we just might unite.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

That requires basic critical thinking which is and of itself not only be programmed out of people but becoming something for said people to criticize. "Intellectual snobs".

edit on 7/30/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Water is the most precious things we have, and need.
However, I marvel at the stupidity shown by those "leaders" who sign it all away for profit. Fracking, for example, uses huge amounts of water which is then contaminated. On top of that, it has also been shown to contaminate natural aquifers, further destroying another natural resource. The stupidity in the name of profit knows no bounds but can be see all around us each and every day as the planet is destroyed in the name of ever mind boggling sums in profit, which can never be spent.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
60,000 litres of rain water catchment is my answer to this problem, all my water is free

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Nestle are up to strange things yet again..

They failed to patent fennel flower ( a natural occurring plant with some remarkable anti-allergenic properties).

They now want to patent/privatise water..!?!

LOL good luck to em', they got no chance.

If some Nestle dude came onto my property and demanded payment for the rainwater in my tanks, I'd play him some dulling banjo music and let him judge for himself weather to stick around...

And they are dead wrong, water is a basic human right and a right to every living creature on earth. Been that way since the dawn of time and no government and as specially "no private company", has the right to take that right away..!!

edit on 31-7-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I used to work for an electronics component manufacturer and 8 or 9 years ago we'd identified that there would be water shortages and that it would become a very lucrative market if only we could develop components and kits for purifying water.

Didn't anticipate they'd try to privatise it - they tried that in Bolivia I think and it ended with a civil war.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

The general public really thought this was a great idea?

Those entrepreneurs will think it's a great idea. Entrepreneurs are like tiny leeches. A vampire is terrible but thousands of leeches are just as terrible!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
I used to work for an electronics component manufacturer and 8 or 9 years ago we'd identified that there would be water shortages and that it would become a very lucrative market if only we could develop components and kits for purifying water.

There's a trick to get water from air (through condensation, may not work in very dry regions) and make free energy at the same time.

But it's all theory for now. Turning that theory into a practical invention is the big challenge. It might require nanotechnology but hopefully, it doesn't have to.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I live on Lake Michigan and the water level is finally back up. The city sent a note this spring that it's illegal to pump the lake water to water lawn or gardens. I sent them an anonymous note explaining they don't have jurisdiction over Lake Michigan. I wanted to let them know but didn't figure it would be too smart to let them know who I was. We have a well in the shed that has a pump for all the water we'll ever need.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join