It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321
At least he isn't on paid leave..gives me a faint hope but he will likley end up in another police dept. Kind of like how child molester priests just get shuffled around by the church..or just end up at another I should say.
I wonder if he is faceing any charges?

edit on 29-7-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
So where is the Rage? Cops beating victims who call 911, Cops shooting Family Pets, Cops shooting Native American Wood Carvers who are Partly Deaf - and on and on. Is Fluoride in the Water keeping the Population Passive? Medical Prescriptions are being handed out like Lollies. Constant laughter at "Funny" violence on Mainstream TV has desensitized the Public. This is not a dig at the USA it's happening worldwide.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Your friendly public servant shattering a child's innocence, all in a days work protecting the public.

The shooter is a coward, no doubt.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Well, nobody is really fighting back, so as long as we all sit contently in our homes and act appaled that this is happening to other people, we deserve it.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321
Just to add.. the cop responsible for this has been fired. Doesn't make everything "all better"... but at least they didn't wait around for an "investigation".

its not enough.. He needs to go to jail.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, animal cruelty is the WORST, I can read stories about human violence all day long but if I see or read something about animal cruelty I normally get very upset/angry.

But there are several things "odd" about this story...and I wonder what agendas what parties have there.

* I had to read several news reports to understand WHAT happened and I am still unclear.
WHY did the cops show up? Did someone call the cops? Did the owners call the cops because the dog was lost? Did someone else call the cops because they saw the dog roaming around and felt threatened?

For me this would be critical to understand the story....while animal cruelty makes me sick, it COULD somewhat explain why some stupid cop would shoot thinking that the dog was a threat. NONE of the "news" media gives any insight there. Instead, the news hype this up with "cop shoots dog" and blow this up in an emotional way, as if someone has an agenda where the FACTS are not count and rather the emotional side of the story.

* Why is the facebook page not even owned by the dog owners but by a stranger, 3rd party person who doesn't even seem related to the dog owners? Why would a stranger make a page "Justice for Apollo"?

* Why is the facebook page, the entire story, pretty much 100% identical to similar stories from last year (?). I remember there was some dog shot by cops, ALSO with a facebook page afterwards demanding justice etc. and then outrage about cops in the same exact way as here. I just found this odd.

* And of course...WHY did the cop even shoot the dog in the first place?
Cops just don't happen to come by a house randomly (ok, they might do sometimes)...and then enter a property with a GUN DRAWN. Why did this occur? No one knows anything due to shoddy news media where "OMG dog shot in front of child" is the headline and we have to figure out the rest by ourselves. I just can't stand this type of news reporting.

No one asking those questions..because the emotional (and political?!) aspect of the story ("cops shoots dog in front of child") seems to be more important. Just pointing this out.

edit on 7/29/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Police, winning the hearts and minds of the people one beaten grandma, one shot puppy, one flashbanged baby at a time.

Sometimes I wonder if the real cop haters are the police themselves. If they respected themselves or their profession they would'nt be behaving the way they are.
edit on 29-7-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

There is definitely a sick psychology at work here. I teach my kids to avoid cops if at all possible. To be polite, but firm, and to disengage at the first opportunity. The best method to do so is to not engage in any behavior that might draw their attention, but of course, even that is not fool-proof.

The police in the United States are no longer here to serve and protect us. They conspire and act like an occupying army, and it is sick.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

i really couldn't agree more. i could only imagine having children in this type of authoritarian climate. But, I essentially adhere to the same policy you mentioned. Do not engage at all costs. If I happen to encounter a police officer say for a traffic offense I would act as you mentioned. Polite, succinct, retrained, compliant and try to end the encounter as swiftly as possible. It's literally like walking on ice. And like you said, even that isn't fool-proof.

The climate here really feels sometimes as though we are in the pre-stages of martial law. And every article I see/read about police using overt force and escalating the situation every time instead of doing what they can to de-escalate it...well that makes me think. It makes me think that TPTB want to see how far they can push the boundaries and how the public/individuals react when they step over those boundaries so they can take note of the cause & effect. All of this information will be used later to more effectively enact "their" police state.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Again, nobody knows all the facts here. Now a 1 year old is not a puppy, its still a dangerous animal especially a German Shep X. Now let’s looka t what is stated in this article, the dog was just barking...Now that’s key here. I know from working on Op work that if a dog is PERCEIVED as a possible threat to public safety then it is ground for an officer to use all and necessary force to neutralise the threat. If the dog is contained, then most officers will respond by calling a dog warden in to give them a chance to take the dog. If the dog is in an area that is not contained, the police then must make a decision. Now, it doesn’t say but the fact the girl was calling for the dog would suggest to me that the officer had said to call the dog back, if vocal commands were not working, why didn’t they physically go to get the dog? If they did and that failed, then the officer has to make a quick decision because in the eyes of the law, at least here in London, UK, you have potentially an out of control dog. Now you have children around, an out of control dog and no restraint on the dog in an uncontained area, what is an officer to do? The officer’s role is to neutralise the threat, if he leaves it and that dog snaps and attacks randomly, the officer is in trouble. The officer does not know the history of the dog or even its age, he just knows there is a dog that is potentially a lethal weapon.

We must establish facts, that is what this site used to be about and what we need to return to, not emotive thinking. If the officer pulled up shot the dog and drove off, yeah, you got problems, but we need to establish why the officer was there? What attempts were made to get the dog under control? Before we condemn the officer in question.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Chief Fires Cop for Shooting Family Dog

Surprisingly the officer in question in this incident has been fired!

Wow, the police chief actually did the right thing in this case

a reply to: NoRulesAllowed
a reply to: SecretFace

In response to your questions....

Police say dispatchers received a call from the owners that Apollo, their 16-month-old German Shepherd/pit bull mix, was loose. The officer said he found the dog and followed it back to its home when it "growled and approached him in a threatening manner," prompting him to pull out his gun and shoot the animal. Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

so yeah, the facts have been established and it's pretty clear the officer went overboard. the dog wasn't "out of control" and neighbors and witnesses attest to seeing the dog on the lawn doing nothing and then seeing the cop blast a 15lb puppy to death.

The dog's owner, Nicole Echlin, told NBC 5 Saturday that the family had just returned the dog to their lawn when police arrived.
“We were in the lawn and the cop already had his gun out,” Echlin said. “I tried to call him in the house and he just stood there staring and I guess he showed his teeth and the cop just shot him, right in front of me and my 6-year-old daughter.” Echlin said her young daughter “started screaming” after the shooting. Witnesses also told NBC 5 that the dog didn't appear to be threatening the officers. “The dog wasn’t doing anything. I didn’t see it doing anything, it wasn’t barking,” said neighbor Nicco Torres who witnessed the incident through his window. "Then I saw a cop shoot the dog, the dog fell to ground on the lawn." Source: www.nbcchicago.com... Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

And as soon as one incident is resolved another begins....

Off-Duty Officer Shoots Puppy 8 Times In Chest

A woman is suing the city of Chicago and several police officers nearly a year after her 5-year-old daughter watched an off-duty officer shoot and kill their pit bull puppy near their home in the Norwood Park neighborhood on the Northwest Side. Samantha Maglaya’s daughter was with their 4-month-old pit bull about 3:10 p.m. May 17, 2013 in the front of their home in the 5800 block of North Oketo Avenue, when an off-duty police officer shot the puppy in the chest eight times, killing him, according to a federal lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court. Source: www.nbcchicago.com... Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

This one almost seems even worse than the previous one. EIGHT TIMES IN THE CHEST? And AGAIN in front of a 4 YEAR OLD. WTF
edit on 29-7-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Wow if that's true, the officer deserved to be fired. I'm very objective and having experience know how the police work, but that's just stupid, whether in America or UK or anywhere else. The Chief did the right thing, the officer is a f****ing liability.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretFace
Again, nobody knows all the facts here. Now a 1 year old is not a puppy, its still a dangerous animal especially a German Shep X. Now let’s looka t what is stated in this article, the dog was just barking...Now that’s key here. I know from working on Op work that if a dog is PERCEIVED as a possible threat to public safety then it is ground for an officer to use all and necessary force to neutralise the threat. If the dog is contained, then most officers will respond by calling a dog warden in to give them a chance to take the dog. If the dog is in an area that is not contained, the police then must make a decision. Now, it doesn’t say but the fact the girl was calling for the dog would suggest to me that the officer had said to call the dog back, if vocal commands were not working, why didn’t they physically go to get the dog? If they did and that failed, then the officer has to make a quick decision because in the eyes of the law, at least here in London, UK, you have potentially an out of control dog. Now you have children around, an out of control dog and no restraint on the dog in an uncontained area, what is an officer to do? The officer’s role is to neutralise the threat, if he leaves it and that dog snaps and attacks randomly, the officer is in trouble. The officer does not know the history of the dog or even its age, he just knows there is a dog that is potentially a lethal weapon.

We must establish facts, that is what this site used to be about and what we need to return to, not emotive thinking. If the officer pulled up shot the dog and drove off, yeah, you got problems, but we need to establish why the officer was there? What attempts were made to get the dog under control? Before we condemn the officer in question.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

A one year old 15 lb dog is a puppy, and if you are scared of a 15 lb dog then you are a p%%%y. I had a 14 pound shih Tzu and I was not a large dog.

So far you are the only one that thinks this is ok and try to make excuses for why the cop did it.

There is no reason to even have your gun drawn for A year old 15lb dog it is just reckless and dangerous when there is no threat.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
Not siding with the cops..but

yes you are

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Now a 1 year old is not a puppy

Dogs are in the adolescence until at least 18 months old.

Now you have children around, an out of control dog and no restraint on the dog in an uncontained area, what is an officer to do?

Start shooting his gun like this cop did?

I would think that live firing in a neighborhood situation with children in the near vicinity is a much greater danger to life.

yes and it goes both ways.

The fact is the cop was let go, that is a sign of wrong doing to be sacked from your job is it not.

But yes lets get all the facts as it seems the media does what it always does and that is to sway public opinion in two opposite directions.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The police show aggression the moment they show up, acting all tough, and this is why they get barked at or snarled at by dogs. Dogs will pick up on the demeanor of someone approaching them aggressively and act instinctively. I mingle with walkers with dogs off the leash all the time on my regular walks, some dogs I know and others I don't, and not once have I ever been attacked. Sure, I have been barked at, usually when wearing the camo gear and suddenly appearing, but a friendly extended hand for a sniff is usually followed up by a head scratch and all is right with the world!

These murderers are the ones instigating any show of fear or aggression by the dogs they kill and it is cowardly in the extreme for them to kill an innocent animal. I guess getting to shoot something, anything, means they can go home after their shift feeling all good about themselves and how tough they are!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'm being objective, not just anti authority for the sake of it. We need to ascertain the facts, it turns out that from what I have read the officer was out of order and has been fired and rightly so as clearly how he acted was just f***ing stupid. What I do is ask about the facts to gain a clear picture of what may have happened, not jump on the anti police/anti establishment bandwagon. I've worked in all kinds of enforcement, I know how police generally work. Do you?

May be the problem with this site is that lack of objective thinking. The lack of questioning. We need to be wiser than this. The problem that no doubt yourself and most of the people on this site can't seem to understand is that without law enforcement, you have no revolution. Without military, you have no revolution. The problem that we all have is that these people think that these sites are filled with nutters and the alternative to what we have in place at present is a world in chaos run by militias, mobs and gangs in the middle of basic ruin.

Stand against establishment, stand against authority, it means nothing to government and those at the top. What do they care? Thats what they want. Go out on the street and fight police, police kill you, you kill police, they don't care and see where it gets you. Most of the people on this site would be dead within a few days if our countries collapsed and law and order was reduced to zero.

We need to change perceptions, we don't need to be anti everything for the sake of it. Ascertain the facts. All I did was give an alternative opinion as to what may have taken place, another insight that not one person wished to consider more than likely, because they don't have the experience. We will gain more friends and people to join any form of revolution, if the alternative is greener on our side than on theres. At present it's curse the police regardless. There's no revolution until perceptions, attitudes and division is erased.

Know your enemy

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

My question is where are PETA at on this? I mean, they are some of the most radical animal rights and protection supporters on earth.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Bullsh#t..thats why people despise cops..Oh because of this rule I can shoot your pet that hasn't done anything, fawking cockroaches hide behind(well in the book its ok) instead of goddamn common sense.
This is not an isolated incident, happening everyday.
Sorry Im pissed.

edit on 29-7-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Oh come on.. Why is this becoming almost a daily occurrence? Another cop shoots another family pet when he could have used pepper spray or a taser or just not done any thing at all and let the family get the dog in the house.

I just do not get it. Why are all the police so deathly afraid of dogs? Or is it they just like using them as target practice?

link

We were in the lawn and the cop already had his gun out,” Echlin explained. “I tried to call him in the house and he just stood there staring and I guess he showed his teeth and the cop just shot him, right in front of me and my 6-year-old daughter.”

What a disgusting missuse of authority

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join