It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetspot

Actually no if you read one of my past posts I said the kid that was attacked in a video and saved by a cat is a prime example of a dog that needed to be shot..

You guys keep saying this owner wasn't responsible (and maybe not). Well I posted a story of a VERY responsible owner who had a seven foot fence that was closed and very secure! And his dog still got shot. So I guess it was still the owners fault? :/ Scarey.

The only people that can agree to this is cops or people related to them in some way.

edit on 30-7-2014 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity72
a reply to: Humanity72I'm licensed and carry a Glock 19 on me 90% of the time and I was in the vet office one day when a lady brought a pit bull in (on a leash) he lunged at this other dog and she pulled him back but I'm not ashamed to tell you I had my hand on my Glock.

There were children there and one more act of aggression I would have put a bullet in him with no problem.

Ya cause shooting in small room containing children is very responsible.
I bet you would have been charged with a crime for doing so, and rightfully so.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweetspot

originally posted by: ker2010
a reply to: Humanity72
My problem with you is you think cops are above the law. I ask the question once again if my 2 year old goes missing and i jump over my neighbors fence and shoot there dog will I be charged? If so why does this not apply to the cop?

Vigilantes are normally prosecuted...you probably would be too. Do you have any reason to believe thje kid would be over that fence? In the case above it appears this was an aggressive dog that had complaints about it scaring kids before. You will side wirth the dogs no matter what. Change dog to pedophile and see if you still think the cop would be wrong to use force.

I've seen dogs leg hump kids before but never seen anyone call them a pedophile for doing it. That's pretty funny. Next time I see that I hope I remember that one.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Actually no if you read one of my past posts I said the kid that was attacked in a video and saved by a cat is a prime example of a dog that needed to be shot..

You guys keep saying this owner wasn't responsible (and maybe not). Well I posted a story of a VERY responsible owner who had a seven foot fence that was closed and very secure! And his dog still got shot. So I guess it was still the owners fault? :/ Scarey.

The only people that can agree to this is cops or people related to them in some way.

Maybe people that understand the raw untamed danger that dogs can be. I once saw a dog about tear the arm off a 4 year old in Jason's Deli parking lot.

link   

I honestly believe this dog could have been on a leash, in full control of it's owner, and there would still be at least one person justifying the actions of the officer.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: Humanity72
a reply to: Humanity72I'm licensed and carry a Glock 19 on me 90% of the time and I was in the vet office one day when a lady brought a pit bull in (on a leash) he lunged at this other dog and she pulled him back but I'm not ashamed to tell you I had my hand on my Glock.

There were children there and one more act of aggression I would have put a bullet in him with no problem.

Ya cause shooting in small room containing children is very responsible.
I bet you would have been charged with a crime for doing so, and rightfully so.
I live in a "Stand Your Ground" state and I'm pretty damn sure if charges were issued they would be dropped very quickly.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Whats funny is im not a obsessed dog freak. I would never put a animal above a human. But I can see right from wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

But it was in Utah. The cop was probably trying close the fence door and the dog wouldn't let him.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

I honestly believe this dog could have been on a leash, in full control of it's owner, and there would still be at least one person justifying the actions of the officer.
No in that case the owner would have been asked to secure the dog and if he complied everything would have been fine. If he refused and the dog was lunging then yes he very well might have been shot.

Let's not make believe the situation and get over emotional.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Maybe people that understand the raw untamed danger that dogs can be. I once saw a dog about tear the arm off a 4 year old in Jason's Deli parking lot.

I once saw a cat scratch someones leg up, all cats need to be shot. I once saw a black person break the law all black people need to be arrested. I once saw a white person break the law, guess that means i need to be arrested.

Thats the logic you are implying LOL

link   

What if he didn't even mean to pull the trigger, just had a twitch or something.

link   

Does stand your ground apply to your imaginary threat assessment of a dog??

link   

My 8 year old daughter has a permanent scar on her face from a shih tzu bite. Thank goodness we had a very talented plastic surgeon on staff in the ER.

It does not matter the breed, size or temperament of a dog they all have the potential to maim and kill.

link   

a reply to: FraggleRock

Whats funny is im not a obsessed dog freak. I would never put a animal above a human. But I can see right from wrong.

You might put the dog above a cop though...the hatred for cops is amazing. If a cop shoots a dog that is posing no threat he should be punished. My point originally was there was no proof the dog was not being aggressive. You people just assume the cop was bad because you hate cops.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Does stand your ground apply to your imaginary threat assessment of a dog??
The threat was real it just did not materialize. Trust me from the look at the other customers in the office including the vet tech that took the dog quickly into a secured room I would have had plenty of witnesses on my side.

If you refuse to the inherent danger in that situation I will be unable to make you see it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Did the cop apologize?

link   

Baltimore cops slits secured dogs throat with knife, he is being charged. I assume you and Humanity would give him a medal of honor and pay raise though.

www.nydailynews.com...

link   

I'm not emotional at all. You cannot claim an owner can avoid having their dog getting shot by securing it. And then support an officer who shot a dog that was secure in the owners fenced in yard. Given such an inconsistent stance I think my statement is a more than possible scenario.

link   

I once saw a cat scratch someones leg up, all cats need to be shot. I once saw a black person break the law all black people need to be arrested. I once saw a white person break the law, guess that means i need to be arrested.

Thats the logic you are implying LOL
In all honestly I don't think bringing racism into the conversation is appropriate.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

I'm not emotional at all. You cannot claim an owner can avoid having their dog getting shot by securing it. And then support an officer who shot a dog that was secure in the owners fenced in yard. Given such an inconsistent stance I think my statement is a more than possible scenario.
If the officer had to go in the backyard to search for the child he had to do it and at the point the dog is unsecured.

If the owner has the dog constrained with a leash that is totally different.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join