It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity72
A child could not have gotten in the fence. If a child goes missing you are saying a cop can break down your door without probable cause looking for them? Also note the child was found in its own house 30 minutes before the dog was shot. And if my 2 year old son goes missing and i jump over the neighbors fence and kill there dog are you saying i wont be charged? haha.

You are gonna side with the cops regardless of the circumstances just as i suspected. I rest my case and im done. My initial impression of you was validated.

Im done with this thread before i say something and get banned..

Have a nice day.

edit on 30-7-2014 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Dogs do bite hard.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Have a good one ker2010!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
A child oculd not have gotten in the fence. If a child goes missing you are saying a cop can break down your door looking for them? Also note the child was found in its own house 30 minutes before the dog was shot. And if my 2 year old son goes missing and i jump over the neigbors fence and kill there dog are you saying i wont be charged? haha.

You are gonna side with the cops regardless of the circumstances just as i suspected. I rest my case and im done. My initial impression of you was validated.

Im done with this thread before i say something and get banned..

Have a nice day.
I don't understand your hostility. If you can find a case where a police officer shot a dog inside a fence and was on the outside I will be happy to side with you. Not sure why we can't disagree and still be friends.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
And I guess you would have been totally fine with every single one of those dogs getting shot and killed.
Maybe that is why that one was aggressive, cause dogs are only aggressive because of their owners. Everything is the owners fault right?

In a manner of speaking. This is what people believe when it comes to guns.
Dogs don't kill people. Bad people with dogs kill people.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

My problem with you is you think cops are above the law. I ask the question once again if my 2 year old goes missing and i jump over my neighbors fence and shoot there dog will I be charged? If so why does this not apply to the cop?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PleiaDsClusterDck

Some cops are very aggressive.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PleiaDsClusterDck

And I guess you would have been totally fine with every single one of those dogs getting shot and killed.
Maybe that is why that one was aggressive, cause dogs are only aggressive because of their owners. Everything is the owners fault right?

In a manner of speaking. This is what people believe when it comes to guns.
Dogs don't kill people. Bad people with dogs kill people.
Exactly just like a responsible gun owner should have his gun locked up so should the responsible homeowner have the dog locked up.

Where you run into trouble is when mental illness gets mixed in and people get all crazy and do things they wouldn't normally do. Keep violent items locked away and take your meds it is that simple.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

My problem with you is you think cops are above the law. I ask the question once again if my 2 year old goes missing and i jump over my neighbors fence and shoot there dog will I be charged? If so why does this not apply to the cop?

Are you licensed to carry?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You say that it is the owners fault that this dog got shot for letting it get out. You let your dogs get out in the past, so if they got shot and killed while they were out you would of had to been ok with it.
Second part is worded fine, or I guess i'll clarify when I say that one I mean the schnauzer.

Not to mention that Weimaraners are one of the top known biters a fact this officer was probably well aware of. Again tragic but he has the right to protect his person.

Omg a dog being territorial!!?? Whoda thunk it.

The cop broke into the yard, end of story. He had no right to kill the dog, he barley had a right to be in the yard

link   
a reply to: Humanity72I'm licensed and carry a Glock 19 on me 90% of the time and I was in the vet office one day when a lady brought a pit bull in (on a leash) he lunged at this other dog and she pulled him back but I'm not ashamed to tell you I had my hand on my Glock.

There were children there and one more act of aggression I would have put a bullet in him with no problem.

link   

I don't think I could ever shoot a dog. Maybe put it out of its misery, but not a healthy one.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Vigilantes are normally prosecuted...you probably would be too. Do you have any reason to believe thje kid would be over that fence? In the case above it appears this was an aggressive dog that had complaints about it scaring kids before. You will side wirth the dogs no matter what. Change dog to pedophile and see if you still think the cop would be wrong to use force.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You say that it is the owners fault that this dog got shot for letting it get out. You let your dogs get out in the past, so if they got shot and killed while they were out you would of had to been ok with it.
Second part is worded fine, or I guess i'll clarify when I say that one I mean the schnauzer.

Not to mention that Weimaraners are one of the top known biters a fact this officer was probably well aware of. Again tragic but he has the right to protect his person.

Omg a dog being territorial!!?? Whoda thunk it.

The cop broke into the yard, end of story. He had no right to kill the dog, he barley had a right to be in the yard
I've already stated I put a dog down for being aggressive if someone else had shot or killed it I would have been responsible and no I would not have blamed the other person.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PleiaDsClusterDck

I totally agree that people that don't know how to raise dogs make aggressive ones.
And i agree that guns don't kill people, people that pull the trigger kill people

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Dogs are part of the family, police officers should realize dealt force should be a last resort only.

Sad

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetspot

But the cop is allowed to assume that the kid would be over the fence?? Why is it different for the cop to assume that but not me if my kid is missing. That is the point the poster is trying to make.

Change dog to pedophile and see if you still think the cop would be wrong to use force.

Change the pedophile to a kid,you still think it wasn't wrong for the cop to use force?
See I can make up situations too

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Did you seriously just bring pedophiles into a discussion about dogs getting shot by police? So police are allowed to break into fenced in yards and kill dogs because someone might be a pedophile?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Now I'm confused. What were we talking about?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

But the cop is allowed to assume that the kid would be over the fence?? Why is it different for the cop to assume that but not me if my kid is missing. That is the point the poster is trying to make.

Change dog to pedophile and see if you still think the cop would be wrong to use force.

Change the pedophile to a kid,you still think it wasn't wrong for the cop to use force?
See I can make up situations too
I think that example went off the reservation...but for the record I would be ok with a cop shooting the pedophile also.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join