It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity72

Added some detail above. Knock yourself out.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

It wouldnt have been worth my time. I was right. You said as much.

You want some detail? Here's the quick and dirty overview:

-witnessed one officer beat his wife while his partner watched and laughed
-witnessed an officer at school beat a kid while shouting hispanic slurs
-cops who were friends of neighbors who didnt like my father came to the house nightly to bang on the door and laugh at whoever answered their banging at 3AM. This went on for months.
-tried to file report on those officers and the issue escalated to road stops and being detained to the point that a job was lost for repeated late arrivals
-a cop tried lying to me to get me to make a statement that somebody I never met did a thing I did not know about. He just needed a witness and said I'd do. This was as an explorer.
-Car was broken into, called cops, came two days later and accused me of breaking into the car.

Want more?
I don't need more but I would ask if this is the way your community functions why have you chosen to stay? There is no way I would put myself in danger by living in what I would describe as an "Escape From New York" type world.

Remember you have the power to change your environment and to use that power for good and decent things.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Humanity72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

And on the flip side of the coin you imply cops can do no wrong, 100% of them walk the line of justice and never do anything crooked. In case you missed this video posted earlier theres the proof of your delusion that all cops are saints.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-7-2014 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetspot

And I bet there was times when those dogs got out, a dog getting out should not be a death sentence for said dog.
If that cop felt threatened by that dog then he needs to not be a cop, great thing the department agrees with my side

And get out of here with the "not running free to attack the people who choose a life of servitude and to protect the people" how is shooting a dog doing either of those?
Now if that dog was threatening someone else then you could say that. But it wasn't, it wasn't even threatening the cop that shot it.
He was fired, that is huge IMO. Cops don't even get fired when they shoot unarmed people.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

-cops who were friends of neighbors who didnt like my father came to the house nightly to bang on the door and laugh at whoever answered their banging at 3AM. This went on for months.
-tried to file report on those officers and the issue escalated to road stops and being detained to the point that a job was lost for repeated late arrivals
-a cop tried lying to me to get me to make a statement that somebody I never met did a thing I did not know about. He just needed a witness and said I'd do. This was as an explorer.
-Car was broken into, called cops, came two days later and accused me of breaking into the car.
Oh, since it's relevant to the thread, a cop just walking by the house heard my barking sheltie and shouted up from the street "I'll kill your #ing dog if he steps toward me!" I was 12 or 13 at the time sitting int he yard with my leashed dog.

Does this happen to others in your community, or just you?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I did not choose to stay. After the lost job and the realization that they would never stop I left that state. There were other factors involved as well but the police behavior helped hurry the decision.

After moving they actually followed me. I got harassing calls on my new phone which means they were using police resources for the purposes of harassment. I got threatening mailers claiming I owned all kinds of fines and fees.

Eventually I got a lawyer and within one day of the lawyers contact they finally stopped which tells me that they knew they were doing wrong all along.

It just took me a couple thousand bucks I couldnt afford to get them to stop.

Now I live in a rural state and as of yet havent had any interactions with the local police whatsoever and I hope to keep it that way.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

And on the flip side of the coin you imply cops can do no wrong, 100% of them walk the line of justice and never do anything crooked. In case you missed this video posted earlier theres the proof of your delusion that all cops are saints.

www.youtube.com...
I'm not trying to imply anyone is a saint, that is a pretty high bar, but we can't judge an entire profession by the acts of a few. I really do not see any valid reason to be anti-police and quite honestly see a lot of societal harm by spreading that type of message.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I did not choose to stay. After the lost job and the realization that they would never stop I left that state. There were other factors involved as well but the police behavior helped hurry the decision.

After moving they actually followed me. I got harassing calls on my new phone which means they were using police resources for the purposes of harassment. I got threatening mailers claiming I owned all kinds of fines and fees.

Eventually I got a lawyer and within one day of the lawyers contact they finally stopped which tells me that they knew they were doing wrong all along.

Now I live in a rural state and as of yet havent had any interactions with the local police whatsoever and I hope to keep it that way.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if it cost a couple thousand is it possible they knew the lawyer and split your cash?

link   

originally posted by: sweetspot

Does this happen to others in your community, or just you?

It happened to my household, and several others from that school system.

This was decades ago. Most everyone has moved and I have no idea if the cops involved are still around but that state and that city still regularly appears in the news for cops being arrested for bad behavior. Just last year the FBI had to shut down several departments over widespread corruption and what was called "institutional racism."

link   

Sorry but that all seems made up to justify your hatred for our boys in blue. One day you will need the cops and karma is going to prevent them from coming to your rescue. Hope your satisfied now !

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Topic people.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Maybe I'm crazy, but if it cost a couple thousand is it possible they knew the lawyer and split your cash?

I doubt it. It was an out of state (to them) lawyer.

Even if they did at least it's all over and I havent had any issues in about 10 years now.

(post by thisguyrighthere removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So these alleged officers used department resources to track you down in another state and harassed you to the point you had to get an attorney? Dude it sounds like you either got yourself into something shady or had acquaintances that were. This type thing doesn't normally happen.

link   

Have you ever owned a dog?! It was secured and it ran out the door, as a puppy will do.
Not every dog that gets out is a vicious attack dog, just like you keep saying that not all cops are bad just because of a few stories of the bad ones.
At the end of the day this event could have been prevented by the cop not pulling the trigger.
He was scared of small dog and was fired for it.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetspot

You have it backwards the servitude is people such as yourself who are brainwashed into believing everything a officer does is right and shouldn't be questioned. Even if something is against your morals you will not speak up against authority because you're brainwashed into thinking they are suppose to be above the law, all of them are heroes who get shot at everyday, they always have your best interest in mind. Delusional thinking at its best.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I doubt it. It was an out of state (to them) lawyer.

Even if they did at least it's all over and I havent had any issues in about 10 years now.

So in the last 10 years you've seen nothing to tell you that there are good cops too? Not all of them are lunatics and maybe this cop was just fired after this incident to make a statement. Did anyone besides cop haters and family of the dog see the incident? If someone shoots my dog I'm going to say it was doing nothing wrong too, especially if maybe I told the dog to attack the cop because I have a hatred for cops...not a far fetched theory when I see your hate for all cops.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity72

Dude it sounds like you either got yourself into something shady or had acquaintances that were. This type thing doesn't normally happen.

Never had so much as a speeding ticket.

All it took was one neighbor who happened to be friends with some cops who decided he didnt like us.

The authority and the means the institution of law enforcement offers is what makes it evil.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Have you ever owned a dog?! It was secured and it ran out the door, as a puppy will do.
Not every dog that gets out is a vicious attack dog, just like you keep saying that not all cops are bad just because of a few stories of the bad ones.
At the end of the day this event could have been prevented by the cop not pulling the trigger.
He was scared of small dog and was fired for it.
Yeah I've owned a bunch of dogs over the years and yes they have gotten out, gotten caught and I had to pay fines.

I had one I even had to put to sleep because it kept breaking out of its fence (dog was half Houdini) and was aggressively threatening this elderly couple down the street. They were scared to come out of their house and honestly I couldn't blame them so I had to put the dog down. It was a schnitzer BTW.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join