It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity72

Actually that isn't a bad suggestion it would certainly change some of the negative attitudes about our boys in blue.

I started to learn how corruptible and crooked cops were during my time as a Police Explorer.

So sure, send people off to spend more time with cops.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Uh oh, what did I miss? I don't have a dog, but understand completely how passionate some people can be. But who's getting so inflamed that they're earning the ire of the moderators and getting censored?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

originally posted by: BayouAlien
a reply to: ker2010

No...it was a police dog. It took an oath to protect and serve. It was killed in the line of duty by a viscous thug !

Animals can take oaths now? How exactly does that work?

Pretty sure that before they let them wear the uniform they must take some kind of oath.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BayouAlien
This has happened where I am from but the owner wasn't a 6 year old.

Probably shouldn't happen but it was just a dog. I have 2 dogs. Still, they are only dogs.

Here, the officer ended up behind a desk for awhile, then back to the streets. He did not loses his livelihood.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
a reply to: FraggleRock
hiphopwired.com...
You are correct sir. Teen sentenced for 23 years for killing police dog, but its just a dog right?

Police dogs are different. They're just like policemen. You can't even bark back at a police dog without getting arrested.
Even if you're on Florida's football team.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

"Actually that isn't a bad suggestion it would certainly change some of the negative attitudes about our boys in blue.

I started to learn how corruptible and crooked cops were during my time as a Police Explorer.

So sure, send people off to spend more time with cops."

You know some more detail would be helpful in order to understand your perspective. If you have personal experience sharing that might help us to understand your issue.

Note quote boxes didn't work quite right that time.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Humanity72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

No...it was a police dog. It took an oath to protect and serve. It was killed in the line of duty by a viscous thug !

Pretty sure that before they let them wear the uniform they must take some kind of oath.

Now you're just joking, right? Or insane. Can't tell.

ETA: Oh #! Look at this:

The hairiest member of Westmoreland County Park Police obediently sat in a district judge's courtroom on Thursday and took an oath.

“Sit,” fellow Officer Bill Meyers said in German, and Rex took his oath from Greensburg District Judge James Albert without a peep — or a bark.

Rex, a 2-year-old Belgian Malinois, is the first dog with county park police and the first canine sworn in by Albert, a dog lover.
link

So much pomp and pageantry with these people with their outfits and celebrations.
edit on 30-7-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

link   

media2.newsnet5.com...

link   
a reply to: BayouAlien

I'm sure their handlers try, but unless we're talking about genetically evolved or engineered k-9's I'm having difficulty seeing how it's possible for an animal to take an oath. This seems to fall in the same category as animals entering into a contract. It's just not possible. Declaring an animal took an oath and an animal actually taking an oath are not the same thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PleiaDsClusterDck

media2.newsnet5.com...
That's awesome I don't care who you are!

link   
If you still think this is the owners fault for the dog being out then you just don't want to say the cop was wrong. Hold the police accountable, this cop killed a puppy, yes they are puppies until they are 3 and for damn sure still a pup a 1. Dogs are easy to handle, nor being scared is step one and a rather key step.
This cop was rightfully fired, he didn't need to be cop and damn sure didn't deserve to be called a hero. Heros put others life's ahead of theirs, not theirs above all others.
I wondwr, for those defending the cop, have you ever had a dog you could call your own?

link   
a reply to: Humanity72

Would it really?

Long ago before I realized how strong the delusion of "hero cops" was in some people I shared. ATS has my stories peppered throughout old threads about police behavior.

I was called a liar or just ignored. Sometime the really nice "hero cop" worshipers would concede that perhaps what I experienced was genuine but certainly not the norm and definitely not symptomatic of institution wide disorder.

So if you really care I'll link the old posts or repeat myself here for the thirtieth time but something tells me you dont. Badge Bunnies see no evil.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Would it really?

Long ago before I realized how strong the delusion of "hero cops" was in some people I shared. ATS has my stories peppered throughout old threads about police behavior.

I was called a liar or just ignored. Sometime the really nice "hero cop" worshipers would concede that perhaps what I experienced was genuine but certainly not the norm and definitely not symptomatic of institution wide disorder.

So if you really care I'll link the old posts or repeat myself here for the thirtieth time but something tells me you dont. Badge Bunnies see no evil.
Sorry but I'm not just buying it. I mean anyone can get on the net and throw out exaggerated claims but if you expect to believe that the majority of police are crooked or conduct their jobs improperly I'm just not buying it.

I get the impression that something happened to you and it probably was something very traumatic that is causing this feeling inside of you. I realize it is difficult but getting in touch with those feelings and addressing them in a positive way can do a world of good for you.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Sorry but I'm not just buying it. I mean anyone can get on the net and throw out exaggerated claims but if you expect to believe that the majority of police are crooked or conduct their jobs improperly I'm just not buying it.

And there it is. So why bother asking?

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
If you still think this is the owners fault for the dog being out then you just don't want to say the cop was wrong. Hold the police accountable, this cop killed a puppy, yes they are puppies until they are 3 and for damn sure still a pup a 1. Dogs are easy to handle, nor being scared is step one and a rather key step.
This cop was rightfully fired, he didn't need to be cop and damn sure didn't deserve to be called a hero. Heros put others life's ahead of theirs, not theirs above all others.
I wondwr, for those defending the cop, have you ever had a dog you could call your own?
Anything a pet does is the fault of the owner if the animal had been secured, as it should be, it would have been impossible for the event to occur. Therefore it is 100% the owners fault he should not be allowed to have pets let alone a child.

link   

originally posted by: PleiaDsClusterDck

media2.newsnet5.com...

Well there it is ! Ridicule these police dogs all you want but they have earned the respect they deserve. The cops don't just find some random mutt and pin a badge on them and strap a gun to them and let them go about policing. They have to complete a rigorous training before they can join the ranks of the men in blue.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

And there it is. So why bother asking?
Because I thought you might actually post detail to help us understand your side but instead you just stated that it wouldn't be worth our time. How is one to relate with that kind of response?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It wouldnt have been worth my time. I was right. You said as much.

You want some detail? Here's the quick and dirty overview:

-witnessed one officer beat his wife while his partner watched and laughed
-witnessed an officer at school beat a kid while shouting hispanic slurs
-cops who were friends of neighbors who didnt like my father came to the house nightly to bang on the door and laugh at whoever answered their banging at 3AM. This went on for months.
-tried to file report on those officers and the issue escalated to road stops and being detained to the point that a job was lost for repeated late arrivals
-a cop tried lying to me to get me to make a statement that somebody I never met did a thing I did not know about. He just needed a witness and said I'd do. This was as an explorer.
-Car was broken into, called cops, came two days later and accused me of breaking into the car.

Want more?

Oh, since it's relevant to the thread, a cop just walking by the house heard my barking sheltie and shouted up from the street "I'll kill your #ing dog if he steps toward me!" I was 12 or 13 at the time sitting int he yard with my leashed dog.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

It wouldnt have been worth my time. I was right. You said as much.
We really want to know what happened to you as a police explorer...I mean you brought it up and are now avoiding the conversation.

Does it hurt that bad if so I can certainly understand but it might help to get off your chest in a constructive way.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I have had many dogs and they are always in my control, not running free to attack the people who choose a life of servitude to protect people. If the cop felt threatened then he acted accordingly. Dogs kill people too, don't forget that!!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join