It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Enough. Keep to the topic people and the members, new and old, are not it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BayouAlien
a reply to: HandyDandy

When a burglar storms through your house will you call the cops or the local pet shop ?

Wouldn't call the cops..ever, made that mistake once..never again.
Bye.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguyI just find really disturbing how much anti-police sentiment is on this thread I mean if you read through the entire thing one would think:

- Cops are stupid
- Cops are hyped up on steriods
- Cops do not have a dangerous job
- Cops do not protect the public they can do it themselves
- Cops are nothing but habitual liars
- An animals life is more important than a person's means of living

I could go on but all of the above is a bit much for my taste. We have posters that say "I don't hate" yet they are more than willing to crucify this guy in the court of opinion. Call me nutty but I think the men and women who serve the public as police officers deserve more respect than what they are getting on this thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclodI've got a feeling there is more to this story.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

What has happened to this once great country ?

People are waking up and not letting their lives be run by collectivist fiction such as the grand righteousness of cops, military and politicians or saluting some Chinese made stripes on nylon.

Norman Rockwell is dead and so is the 1940's propaganda state that trained dying geriatrics to bend and submit to the glorification of the state.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

People are waking up and not letting their lives be run by collectivist fiction such as the grand righteousness of cops, military and politicians or saluting some Chinese made stripes on nylon.

Norman Rockwell is dead and so is the 1940's propaganda state that trained dying geriatrics to bend and submit to the glorification of the state.
But what can we do about it? I don't have anything to fight badguys with, and who is to call if your health, wealth or safety is threatened?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Bullhorn

The cop was merely trying to do his job. The dog was growling at him and showing his fangs. What was the cop to do ? was he supposed to just let the dog rip him from limb to limb ? He took action. He put the viscous dog down with a well placed bullet. He was very courageous in his actions and probably saved countless lives by removing this killer from the general public. For this the cop should be honored. Instead he is treated like a criminal. What has happened to this once great country ?

I didn't see in the OP but why was the cop there in the first place? Did he have a warrant to come on the property?

If he didn't have a warrant and he had no reason to believe someone's life was in danger then I believe he is in the wrong and deserves jail time. IMHO federal prison for violating this families constitutional rights.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity72

- Cops are stupid

Court OK's barring high IQ cops

- Cops are hyped up on steriods

According to a recent report by AOL News, as many as 25 percent or more of police officers are regularly take steroid drugs...

- Cops do not have a dangerous job

10th most dangerous. Between trashmen and taxi drivers.

- Cops do not protect the public they can do it themselves

SCOTUS rules police have no obligation to help/protect anyone

I could go on as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJesusWuang

Call whoever you want. Police wont/cant save you from anything. They can arrive after the fact and take pictures if you'd like.

Your well-being is up to you and no one else. That is the way it always has been, always will and be and currently is despite so much myth to the contrary.

I break into your house, you call the cops.

Now I have 5 minutes to do whatever I want to you or your property.

Good thing they're there to protect you, huh?
edit on 30-7-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJesusWuang

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

But what can we do about it? I don't have anything to fight badguys with, and who is to call if your health, wealth or safety is threatened?

I suggest you educate yourself on how to protect yourself from the bad guys. If you rely on someone else to protect your life, your gonna be in for a dissapointment.

link   
a reply to: XTexan

Since when does a cop need a warrant to do his job ? He could have been merely walking his beat. What is with some of you folks so against this hero cop ? He was confronted by a wild vicious dog and he took action to protect himself and the general public. What am I missing ?

link   
a reply to: Humanity72
There is but Im off to work now..the "more" part has nothing to with us doing anything at all wrong..other than call the police to report a crime.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The police is my town are very helpful. True American citizens with more guys than any other profession. a reply to: thisguyrighthere

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Not true. You are sadly mistaken. a reply to: XTexan

(post by InhaleExhale removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

a reply to: XTexan

Since when does a cop need a warrant to do his job ? He could have been merely walking his beat. What is with some of you folks so against this hero cop ? He was confronted by a wild vicious dog and he took action to protect himself and the general public. What am I missing ?

Since the Bill of Rights. Perhaps you should read it. This man came onto someone's property and destroyed their property. If he did not have a warrant and he had no reason to believe someone's life was in danger then he is a criminal.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity72

Respect is earned not given. And it is earned through actions not position. So given that many people have had and/or seen nothing but negative actions from law enforcement I'd say attitudes towards them is quite justified. And in this particular instance I believe we see yet another case where a law enforcement officer uses their firearm in a situation in which a firearm is not needed.

An animals life is more important than a person's means of living

It's a murder charge if I were to kill a police K-9. It's not if they kill my dog. I guess it's okay to put value on an animal as long as that animal belongs to law enforcement. Yet another disconnect where they place themselves above the rest of us.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join