It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of Creationism

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maltese5Rhino
But for you to say words appear and that in essence all knowlegde is at once, not learned.

All information happens now - so all knowing of it happens now. 'Information' is just the current (present) forming. The form is seen and known by the present awareness.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: adnanmuf

No, creationism began when people announced that they think that a book of Bronze and Iron Age myths is factually correct and that science is a lie.

I give up.

Had planty to say but an sick of intolerance on ATS. Cant be bothered anymore.

edit on 8-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops
Kids in a playground mentality. Thats ATS.

I*m leaving ATS.l Only been here a few months but the attitude of members on most subjects is childish.

If you dont agree with me I will insult you. If you dont like my political ideas you are a genocidal maniac.
So much hatred on here. No denying of ignorance.

Goodbye children.

You call everyone on ATS 'children', then complain about people insulting you....

Goodbye indeed.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I came here to learn and it does not come at once nor just appear. Even when I click on a thread it grows and more and more people add to the information, I have to re read to make sure that information is nestled in my head.

Before the 'clicking' happens can you see the thread? Or after the click does what you see on the screen disappear and then another page appears in it's place? Only then you see a change in the configuration of the screen. On a computer screen or tv screen it is easy to see that the whole image contained in it/on it can disappear and reappear totally different.

Until something appears it is not seen.

edit on 8-8-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops
I give up.

Had planty to say but an sick of intolerance on ATS. Cant be bothered anymore.

Please keep up your promise and once you learn that we all don't have to think the same, welcome back.

ps. Those rude atheists... and their moralz...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

You are doing it again, the whole appears and dissapears, all at once and nothing at all. But heck you keep me interested

I found this link that partakes to our debate....
blogs.disTen... Things Everyone Needs to know about Time

Sorry, from an earlier question about if at any point was I in the past....

4. You live in the past. About 80 milliseconds in the past, to be precise. Use one hand to touch your nose, and the other to touch one of your feet, at exactly the same time. You will experience them as simultaneous acts. But that’s mysterious — clearly it takes more time for the signal to travel up your nerves from your feet to your brain than from your nose. The reconciliation is simple: our conscious experience takes time to assemble, and your brain waits for all the relevant input before it experiences the “now.” Experiments have shown that the lag between things happening and us experiencing them is about 80 milliseconds.

For me that turns around the whole thing.... You thinking that Time is an allusion may be that this theory is an Illusion for you. As the above qoute the brain gives the impression that the touching of the nose and the feet is instant. When it is not.

Again I do not think you would agree. I wanted to look around a bit more before bowing out to you Itisnowagain
It seems neither of us can explain futher and we go in circles and explaining the same currency but different notes.
I apriciate your replies and you still got me thinking which I can never be happier for

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Maltese5Rhino
Here is a nice little talk about the 'timeless'.

Sorry, I cannot access the link you provided.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yep I have now concluded that you sir, may have lost some marbles.

'Marbles' are not always what they appear to be...

originally posted by: BlueMule
Are normal people the insane ones? Maybe 'normal' society is entirely backwards about mental illness, mysticism, and enlightenment...and maybe our insane backwardness is slowly destroying us.

"many of those diagnosed as schizophrenic, bipolar, and other forms of “madness” are not ill but experiencing a spiritual awakening..." Many of the great prophets of the past experienced madness--a breakdown followed by a breakthrough, spiritual death followed by rebirth.

...the diagnosis of mental illness is always a weapon. Not so when it comes to diagnosing real disease. Think of how when people get angry with one another, they inevitably resort to some kind of diagnosis. They say “You’re crazy,” “You’re mentally ill,” “You are paranoid.” Can you imagine somebody getting angry with someone and saying “You have diabetes!” “You have Parkinson’s Disease!” So diagnosis is a weapon, a tool people use against one another, especially when there is some kind of power conflict present. Psychiatry is a Fraud

edit on 8-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Living in denial by excusing any mental illnesses with such silly concepts as spirits and the like is so incredibly dangerous and irresponsible. The first step in fixing a problem you have is admitting you have a problem but unfortunately many people with mental issues are not aware they have a problem.

Some personal responsibility along with help from friends and family is needed in such situations.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Yeah, telling mentally ill people that their delusions are real is literally one of the most damaging things you can do. Not cool bro, not cool.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: wtf2008

You're reply sounds like you or an alien trying to use a urinal for the first time. Just try to split the urinal cake and you'll be ok.
I don't get upset about scientific study, I get annoyed by people thinking it's actually "right" with little to no evidence. Like we know enough right now to decide that.
Scientific views change all the time.

If you think what we know now about the Universe is even close to the truth, then you should go back into that urinal.
There is nothing in 'science' that can tell us how, where, or when we became what we are.
If you think that the current 'Big Bang' theory can tell you that then I can't help you. Keep reading and believing ridiculous theories that will be laughed at in a few years.

As soon as a 'scientist' can explain "INFINITY" to me, then I'll believe in your 'facts'. We can't think in those terms. We can't even think in the dinosaur years terms.

Atheists just think they're smarter than everyone else. You believe in nothing. I believe in something.
I don't have to prove to you that something exists because it's mine and I don't have to share it with you. I would like to, but i can see that's not going to happen. You're too smart for that.

QUOTE FROM YOU
"You say all things have been created, and nothing has never been not created. You then imply that a higher power created this, falsifying your first assumption unless that higher power was created by something itself."

You only have 2 choices.

1. There was a creator that always was and started it all (Incomprehensible Infinity)
2. No creator and everything was already here to just start from nothing (Incomprehensible Infinity)

There was just some 'scientific' piece of 'matter' that was just sitting there magically, with no beginning or end and all of the sudden, the whole universe was created like a David Blaine special.

Otherwise, there is some God, that has always been there or just some Universe that science built all by itself with beakers and Bunsen burners.

I'm sure science will figure it out.

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join