It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be best that humans become an extinct species?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Apparently, species are becoming extinct at a record pace, other than in the event of a catastrophic extinction event. I think it is likely we humans are the main drivers of this loss of species. And other than the loss of animal species, we are gradually destroying the pristine environments of this jewel of a planet due to our greed.

I don't see this changing. I only see it getting worse. The power brokers running the banks and corporations have no morals. They will keep the money machine churning out profits no matter how damaging it is to this planet.

I know some of you see humans as so unique that the prime directive is to sustain our existence no matter what consequence it has to other life on the planet.

But I have another opinion. I think it would be best that humans become extinct in order to make other life forms, both animals and plants, a viable long term option. I don't trust us, or in particular those that run things, to ever change.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Through the eyes of a Fish, Probably.

Second Line
edit on 28-7-2014 by Wildmanimal because: Fix

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well I don't especially want to be one of those that can become extinct myself. I don't care about everyone else though, I can talk to the spiders.

Sooner or later I will die and become extinct on my own. Hopefully my offspring survive to a ripe old age..
edit on 28-7-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The truth is most of us believe we are the only life that matters. All other life is there for us to exploit. This is something that I don't believe.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

It would be best if humans learn to live with nature instead of destroying it. The sad thing is the things that are destroying nature are things that people depend upon so I cannot see this happening fast. We may learn one day but I'm guessing it will be too late.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I need a little help. How are you judging "Best?"

For example, many here want humanity to explore the stars, develop, evolve, etc. It's tough if we're extinct.

Christians might say that depriving individuals of a chance for eternal happiness with God is a bad thing.

And if you can define "Best," who is going to be around to appreciate it? Nothing on the planet will realize what conditions it is living in, good or bad. If nothing on the earth will care, why should we?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

You are a Christian, right?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The idea that only humans care might be legitimate. But life is more than caring. It simply is, or is not. Extinction falls within the "is not" category. It's where we seem to be heading. Humans and other animals and plants.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Sure i guess, but how would you accomplish such a thing? Or would you just hope it happens on accident or naturally?

And then your idea doesn't make as much sense when you realize 90-99% of humans aren't the problem. Some of them may be contributing to the problem in some way, but they never would have ended up that way if it wasn't for the 1-10% of humans manipulating the rest. See, the majority of humans just want to mind their own business and don't want to hurt anybody and don't want to rule the world. They don't have the obsessive drive, the need to control others so badly that they are willing to expend the necessary energy and

make the necessary sacrifices, they don't have the patience to plan and execute a 100 to 1000 year or more agenda. But the 1 to 10% do. And the only way we are going to defeat them is to match their determination. Well, since we outnumber them maybe we don't need quite as much. But maybe, because just identifying them is half the battle. They are hiding among us. We will think we killed or imprisoned them all. But there will be remnants among us. They will bide their time. Wait till people forget. Keep producing generations. And start again. The only way to do it might be to eliminate the whole bloodline. A genetic targeted holocaust.

There would be a lot of paranoia. Who else is helping them that isn't a part of the bloodline but revered it, or enjoyed the perks, who might thwart such an operation? How many of us good folks would be OK with such a thing? Especially when they start playing the victim, begging for mercy and plucking at our heart strings, pretending like they have a heart and a soul? Maybe you're right, a complete and total reset may be in order. Or maybe this is all for a reason. To teach us to stand up to evil and tyranny and live in harmony with nature no matter the cost. Maybe it's a big lesson. Maybe it's all a part of God's plan.
edit on 7/28/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Dear droid56,

Yes, I am a Christian.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
What I am trying to say that we humans are not the only life on Earth worthy of consideration when it comes to what is right or wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Dear droid56,

I agree with you completely. No argument from me.

I was just trying to get philosophical, not religious. I had two questions. One, how do we define "Best?" And two, after man has gone will anything else care about the environment?

Oh, some species may die off, or others may come to life, but it will all be meaningless to them.

Now, if you said it would be better for mankind if there were fewer people, I think I'd have an easier time thinking about it. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The extinction would happen anyway as species adapt to an ever changing eco system, analogues of many past extinct species and many currently dying species may re evolve in time, the panda is a good example of such an event in the past.

Life tries out different systems and marsupial mammalian life was one such experiment, it was vastly successful but then along came mamals with proper womb's and the survival trait of keeping there vulnerable offspring in the womb longer thus cutting down on infant mortality.

Bears much like grizzly's alread existed in marsupial form but along came more advanced mamals and drove them to the periphery of the eco system by outbreeding them and thus adapting faster to changes in the ecology, a left over of this time was the Panda which is descended from marsupial bears, they are not related to grizzly's in any way but had developed the same physical parameter's before being marginalized and moving into a part of the eco system there modern bear competitor's had not adapted to, namely the bamboo forrests which at one time were very extensive accross asia.

Australia was cut off so the modern wombed mamals never colonized it until man took them there and the so called Tasmanian Tiger which was really more of a Marsupial Wolf show's how the same ecological niche can be evolved into with similar adaptations by different branches of the animal world.

Rhino's have evolved and gone extinct several times since the end of the cretacious as have cat analogues.

Now I do believe in God and Christ but also believe God gave us mind's and curiosity to learn and not to close out mind's to possibilitys and one way of looking at it is the humans exist at a time and are part of a seed change in the eco system of the planet, if you considered or rationalized the Gaia Principle in which the earth is looked as a single massive living organism then the human race is part of the mind or embody's the higher mind of Gaia so Gaia is obviously slightly insane and into self harm.

But no humanity must survive or else who will appreciate the artistry of it all.

On a philosophical note could man have evolved and gone extinct in other versions before?, and was he the same self destructive made insane emanation of the ecological higher consciousness of the hypothesized Gaia.

edit on 28-7-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Ohh there are many species that depend on us. In more ways than one. Unfortunately, the majority of humans cannot see the relationship we share with the rest of the world. Let alone the link we have with eachother.

Only time will tell how much damage we've done before it's too late for many of them. I ,for one, can only hope that there are some that change their ways in helping the ecosystem that is the Earth to propagate fruitful.....nahhh its too late for them.

Once we're culled another life form will take our place. Such is the way of life. It will probably take a little while for them to gain the knowledge we've acquired through the centuries to see the big picture...ohh wait most of it's in digital form. nvm

Good luck with your tools and fire and such

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
What I am trying to say that we humans are not the only life on Earth worthy of consideration when it comes to what is right or wrong.

Perspective and knowledge is important to your thoughts on this. Humans are presently a representation of our planet, the good, the bad and importantly the indifferent.

We are nature, we all once were taught this, all knew this, yet a religious belief/control group, realized it was difficult to plunder the natural resources of other lands when humans had such strong connections to nature. So the extermination and or ridicule of the people and their knowledge was instigated by this group. Turned out to be very profitable.

Resources=Power, Power=Control, Control=More Resources, which provides more power to control and so on and on.

Even if every known weapon on earth was triggered our planet would soon heal itself ( who's to say this hasn't happened in the past which is why the radioactive material is where it is.)

Know that it is a natural subconsciously compelled human impulse/instinct to feel the best option is, 'to cause loss to that which is causing you, loss'

It is this perspective which is at the cause of the majority of suicides, mass shootings, wars, civilizational collapses.

To instigate the extinction of humans would actually show that humans have not changed.

Our subconscious mind has evolved to become fixated on the loss it perceives, (some more so than others) which is why it takes quite a lot of self conscious reasoning to see the balance in all things.

For every star that explodes, there is a new solar system that is reborn from it, for every species that is lost another will evolve to take it's place.

Control by it's nature is an unsustainable occurrence, in this you can know change is eternal when you achieve the patience to see it and accept it.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I'm not really in favour of giving up my or my loved ones lives in order to save a plant, or some creepy insect.

Although I can agree we are destroying our planet. Unless you are one of these animals, thst wishes us all desd, I think we are just as deserving to be here. Animals and plants cause damage as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I agree!

We are all deserving our right to live here at this time and place, otherwise we would not exist. Every form of life damages another to an extent.

It is our prerogative to acknowledge our mission and carry out our 'duty', although it can be a daunting and insane feat at times, every single one of us has our track laid out in front of them. Some of us, likely, will be led astray.

Personally, I'm not a believer, but our environment is a strong factor leading to our actions and how we react.

Cue :tinfoil hat:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I've said in other posts,that once the earth is uninhabitable for the other animals,we too are animals and will go next,whether we like it or not.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
If humans make it and nothing else does, that would be what is supposed to happen. It is what it is. We're not meant to be bleeding hearts. We're meant to survive and compete for that survival. So if our survival means the destruction of the world, I'm down with that. If it doesn't turn out that way, that's fine too. No one knows where this train is headed or why. But, don't jump off because others are falling off. We're the only ones who CAN hold on. Its our duty to hold on. Not bleed your heart out and feel regretful for being what you are. This is the world you are born into. You don't know anything about it to rightly have an ideal of how you think it should work. So take it at face value, embrace it, and be what you are. Just go with it.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

See the earth as a life form and Human's may one day colonize other world's so in essence the earth as reproduced.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join