It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well-connected people buying land/building bug out locations in rural areas...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Been hearing that for decades ... nothing changes and things go on ..

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Thank you, a great thread subject, a sign we are in the end times. Related, there is no man-made place of safety. Revelation says, recall the verse about being taken to a place of refuge on "eagle's wings?" God protects in terrible times of persecution, from history. We are all going to experience...

Satan's evil plans will be revealed in the mystical worldwide divine awakening (Rev 6:15-17, 1 Cor 3:13) before the anti-Christ comes to full power. You can't take the chip, instead, call out in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ, ask your guardian angel to guide you and your family to the nearest holy refuge. You will not be seen by evil on the way.

Believe, for it is prophesied and getting closer, a time when if you do not take the "chip", you will be hauled off to the camps. Trust Our Lord, have faith, follow Him.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
If the S does ever HTF, these wealthier preppers are going to be Target Numero Uno for well-armed groups of thieves. If you want to paint a big bulls-eye on yourself, aim for isolation in nice digs with lots of supplies others want/need. You will be sniffed out eventually, especially if you're stupid enough to inadvertently advertise with lights other than candles at night, and the scent of cooked food wafts widely & multiple times daily.

Common sense dictates the desperate & determined will seek out the affluents' stockpiles. And the affluent won't last long up against the desperate & determined.

That's why they are moving out to the country. The desperate will only be able to travel as far as a full tank of gasoline takes them (~100 miles). The gas stations further out will be out of gas, so the only option will be to walk. And then there is a limit of 3 days without water, or 25 days without food.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Come to Australia, we have been stocking our deserts with feral camels for decades, we actually got rid of most of the guns after our manipulated mass shootings, and the weather isn't that bad.

I'd be more worried about all the exotic wildlife you have in the USA, tigers, lions and so on that people will release when they cant get food for them.

Oh and most cities over 100,000 people in the western world now have only wholesale stocks for three days of food at their present consumption rate.Three days! Most households have a weeks supply of food.

So at best so you in theory have one week and three days before the cannibalism begins, and it will begin. You won't have to worry about zombies. Millions of people starving will result in one outcome.

If you come to Australia just watch out for the Koalas..........

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I can't afford to survive an apocalypse, so my plan is to just live until the SHTF and then quietly die in a corner some place.

You probably would do well eating the edible plants around your area. I don't know your exact situation but there are plenty of _free_ safely edible plants in the wild that people don't eat because they don't know.

Eating off of the land makes survival much easier, and is free!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia

I'd be more worried about all the exotic wildlife you have in the USA, tigers, lions and so on that people will release when they cant get food for them.

If things get that bad, I don't think the animals in the zoos would be let free by a starving populace. Most likely they'd be killed and eaten

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I suppose you're right, tiger burgers would come before human burgers.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Moving anywhere close to this beast should be safe. As long as you dig a hole, but not too deep, you don't want disturb your neighbors.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Anyways the rich people aren't always that bright. They feel invincible because they are used to buying whatever and whoever they want. They will be the first to crumble, as they should.

And why should they, exactly?

The hatred towards successful people is just saddening. Get off your high horse please. Being successful doesn't make anyone bad person, being poor doesn't either.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm already feeling kinda cheated now with the way the world and it's people are going.

That's exactly how i've been feeling since i was about 10 years old.

I had such high hopes as a young boy, imagined the 'grown ups' knew what they were doing and whatever they did was for the benefit of all of us....how naive i was, how disappointing the 'grown ups' turned out to be, and in all honesty, the adage the one man can make a difference and / or save the world...is ridiculously false.

The 'grown ups' have it all sewn up tighter than a ducks behind, and all the bases are covered.

Such a wasted opportunity for utopia. We could have had paradise and bliss, instead we have deceit, deception, positioning and posturing, and murder of innocents for personal or political gain.

I wish i could go back and tell the 10 year old boy i was al those years ago, to wake the hell up and stop dreaming of a perfect world populated by kind and happy people...it never existed.

Whatever happens, if anything happens...i sincerely hope, if i'm to perish, that the so-called elites who hide away in their subterranean bunkers, get hit with bunker busters first.

They cause most of the problems on this planet because of their selfishness and greed, it would be among the greatest of injustices if they made it and those who have no say in how affairs are run didn't.

Rant over...please return to normal operations.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
There are some people building bug-out properties, but (ironically it seems) that is why I am planning a bug out strategy from the bug out property I live on now.

In a scenario where people could still drive out from the nearest big city, I have about one hour to head farther north or try to prepare for a stand.

The area is more of a popular resort area now and when I think of all those same idiots that are up every weekend in the summer, over running the area and trying to take over with guns, I'd rather try to walk to Canada, in the winter, up hill, if I had too. If I can drive and still cross the Big Mac, or even if I had to find a boat ride, I'm UP bound.

I hope that they would stay in the city, but they'll be coming up from Indiana and Illinois as well as the larger Michigan cities.
edit on 28-7-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I have a friend that bought thousands of acres and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on Y2k. Still will sell none of it and is very sick. His kids can't wait till he's gone to sell everything. I mean semi loads of stuff

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

That sounds about right, until those kids have to run to that waste of their inheritance when the SHTF. I bet they will get disowned or end up selling it all before it hits, seems like how it would go.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
There are some people building bug-out properties, but (ironically it seems) that is why I am planning a bug out strategy from the bug out property I live on now.

In a scenario where people could still drive out from the nearest big city, I have about one hour to head farther north or try to prepare for a stand.

The area is more of a popular resort area now and when I think of all those same idiots that are up every weekend in the summer, over running the area and trying to take over with guns, I'd rather try to walk to Canada, in the winter, up hill, if I had too. If I can drive and still cross the Big Mac, or even if I had to find a boat ride, I'm UP bound.

I hope that they would stay in the city, but they'll be coming up from Indiana and Illinois as well as the larger Michigan cities.

I've been thinking about that as well, the mass exodus of people fleeing to the countryside from the densely populated areas like cities. I think there will be the early birds who understand what's going on and get out before everyone else... But once the masses wake up and try to get out of the city, there will be too much traffic and accidents clogging the roads, so the people would have to walk. This is also assuming FEMA or some other agency doesn't cordon off the cities and keep people in.

Around here if a massive amount of people started flooding into the mountains, I've no doubt people will dynamite the roads and make people try to walk up and down the mountains to find some good samaritan, however a city person going to a farmer asking to be saved doesn't have the best chances of acceptance.

The key though is to bug out as far away from roads as possible, it sounds like you understand that =)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal
a reply to: rickymouse

Actually, The big Volcano is in Wyoming. Yellowstone.
But, that is close enough for Grenades and A bombs.
So to speak.

As far as locality, there is no true immunity.
There is only the prolonging of the inevitable.

There are a lot of targets in Montana, as well,
to be considered...

Good Old Fashion Prayer costs nothing. S A V V Y ?

Admittedly Vladivostok is gonna be toast too Skipper.

On the other hand, and for the sake of accessibility when
the rotor slaps the bushel-full, I felt only one worse, bone
beating wet cold than a Billings dead of winter pre-sunrise.
That was the same time of year in the U.P., where the guy
with the moose head maul is staying.

For an extreme and even aggravated nuclear winter on TOP
of it? Thanks and I'll take "the Big Tanning Booth" for $40 Alex.
edit on 28-7-2014 by derfreebie because: None required-- at times mercy means the shortest time of suffering

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Buck please BWAHAHAhaaa. No hope required, we can't
even get our junk started after Thanksgiving.
Thanks for the kind word tho... in the latter few decades
at least, I am a somewhat law abidin' idiot. Cheers.
n' PS: Close enough to Big Shoulders to be nothing but a
glowing puff of meat dust beating you north.

edit on 28-7-2014 by derfreebie because: I WIN ! My death wish is better than BRONSON's ROFL

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Alex Jones talks to the owner of Atlas Survival Shelters, Ron Hubbard. Alex wants a tornado bunker.

The US spends more on continuity of government than anyone else.
Many of the clients building private bunkers are members of the government. People of power and positions.
The US government is finished building bunkers, because they can purchase air filtration units now. (11:10)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
My true fear is not the masses, they can be handled, but what I am worried about are the tons of Nuclear power plants. Fukashima's everywhere causes a problem. How to avoid that area is a problem.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A lot of great advice on here if the SHTF, but I have not seen anyone mention of the relevance of working as a community with your neighbours etc. I'm not in the US, but I would rather work with my neighbours as a community as I will probably have a better chance of surviving any SHTF scenarios than being a lone "BUG OUT DUDE".

Is there a reason why our US cousins wont try and work as a community in this situation rather than going it alone?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Many people are conspiracy theorists, and the elite or who you would consider wealthy and connected people are no different. Sometimes they are more so because of the way their minds work... a bit more eccentric perhaps. So, they believe many of these conspiracy theories too.

I have spoken to many people in wealthy or more connected positions and yes, to varying degrees they believe in many of the theories... and act accordingly because they can well afford too, just in case.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join