It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Max - Fury Road

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I have not seen the others but they are now on my list. You explained the flashbacks that were confusing me, though I guessed something bad must have happened to his family, something he was unable to prevent. I don't know, I just like to have a bit of background for my characters. But if the earlier ones did not provide much, I guess they are what they are.

You have a point. By that time they probably had no choice really, or at least a bad choice, but it just felt to me like after all that work and effort, they did .... that lol. Felt like a letdown to me, but I am no scriptwriter or director and I am sure I could not have done better.

Just not my cup of tea I suppose.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I quite liked it, saw it at the weekend.
Was good action and some great scenes towards the end with vehicles etc.
Not a fantastic film but pretty entertaining.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The visuals were awesome, the action left me breathless. I liked the creativity that went into this world, and the costumes.

The story wasn't real developed, and Max just didn't have the same charisma as Mel's version. But Charlize is amazing, as usual.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

This is how the germans started to appreciate the world of Mad Max.. As if nobody can understand english.

Enjoy..?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well I liked the movie ofcourse I was almost shocked by the first 30 minutes of it with the pace I don't know if I remember a movie that had such a fast pace that kept it up,. my thought was is the whole movie going to be like this. but it did slow down a bit.

the little things I didn't like. I did'nt like how Max didn't have many lines in the movie. turning Charlize theron's character into the star. (even though it is called mad max. I also didn't like how they tried to turn Charlize ';s character into a man. I think it still would have worked without the military cut and war paint right?

But it was still a great movie

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

It did start fast. I was thinking the same as you at first. I was, "I don't even understand what's happening, it's just wild intense action, did I miss something??" But then it started making sense. It made for a good way to grab your attention right away.

I sorta liked that they kept His Dialog minimal. He never really had much to say in the other movies either so it makes sense. Plus all that time alone and all he'd be pretty quite I imagine. He only speaks when he has to, no time to waste on words.

What's strange about how you say Charlize was too manly for you. At first that is totally what I thought they were going to do with her in that role. However, even though she was all "butch" I was shocked at how she still brought out a very feminine role with her character. She was a bad ass no doubt, but didn't out do Max and didn't come across as too manly to me at all. She actually seemed very feminine but looked like she'd seen some hard times as well, but only on the outside. When she talked and expressed her self you could really see the woman inside and it helped make what she was doing believable IMO.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join