It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Living with American Doctor Who Contracted Ebola Return to the States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Am I reading this right?

...while the US public has been generally unaware of the severity of the breakout, this may soon change following news that a 33-year-old US doctor working for relief organization Samaritan's Purse in Liberia was the latest to test positive for the disease on Saturday.

Is Dr Brantly's infection a possible link to bring the African epidemic into the US? Unlikely, but his family is an open question: "Samaritan's Purse spokeswoman Melissa Strickland says Dr Brantly's wife and children had been living with him in Africa but are currently in the US."

ZeroHedge Link

Did they return after he was exposed or before?
edit on 27-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Doesn't this variation of the virus have a 3 week incubation period?

Scary thought. . . . .

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Exactly.

Why would they have been permitted to return?

Remember, this guy wore protective suits and was described as 'meticulous', and he still became infected.

What chance would his wife or children have when he went home to them at night?

ETA:

Second source:

Strickland says that Brantly's wife and children had been living with him in Africa, but they are currently in the U.S.

A woman who identified herself as Brantly's mother answered a U.S. phone listing for him, but said family members are declining comment at this time.

Link.

edit on 27-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Since transmission from human to human is through blood or other body fluids it's not likely to cause any outbreak here. In the villages in Africa the family prepares the body of the dead for burial and that is why there are epidemics in the Sudan. This doctor's family is probably clean and not harboring any disease.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
One article, posted in another thread, said his family returned to the US a week ago, while other articles are downplaying it by reporting "the family is currently in the US."

I just find it highly suspicious that his family has been with him through these past months during this outbreak, and just happen to leave just days before his symptoms appear.

Perhaps he knew he'd been exposed and shipped them home where they would get better treatment if they had also been exposed?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Do you have children?

They're walking petri dishes. They leave a bio fluid trail wherever they go.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NoAngel2u

Can you post the article?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Sure thing. It was previously posted by DancedWithWolves

ATS Topic Link

The WHO says the disease is not contagious until a person begins to show symptoms. Brantly's wife and children had been living with him in Liberia but flew home to the U.S. about a week ago, before the doctor started showing any signs of illness, Strickland said.

article link

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A few articles have said the family was already in the US on a visit, before he was diagnosed -

A family friend told News 8 that Brantly's wife and children were visiting Texas this week when Kent was diagnosed with Ebola

I also read that you're not contagious until you show symptoms? Is that correct?

www.wfaa.com...

ETA: FYI - second US aid worker infected -

A second American citizen has now become infected with the deadly Ebola virus as the worst outbreak ever of the terrifying and grisly disease rages through four West African nations.

Nancy Writebol, an American working for a charity organization in Liberia has tested positive for the virus officials announced.

She is not a medical worker, just a missionary.

www.dailymail.co.uk... untries.html

edit on 27-7-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Anyone know where in the US they currently live or are currently at? These folks need to be quarantined immediately... sigh... Why would anyone in their right mind allow this? Why would the US allow ANY flights from that region into the states without checking EVERYONE who enters/exits the plane? I really hope this is being misreported.. If not, I am saddened by how careless my Govt. is once again.....SMH

Never mind, just read it's Indiana....... GIANT sigh being from Chicago and constantly in Indiana...
edit on 27-7-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Didn't someone post earlier that 22 nurses were infected at John F. Kennedy Hospital? If that is the case then it is already in the states and it is only a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I'm hoping it is being misreported too. It's frustrating the situation with these three isn't more clear.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical There is a JFK Medical Center in Liberia
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
what a Knothead
and his family.. but.. if he was let through.. it might have been allowed.
a thinning of the herd if you will..

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: jhn7537

I'm hoping it is being misreported too. It's frustrating the situation with these three isn't more clear.

Do you know if there is a test that was given to the wife/kid to see if they were carriers? I undestand that the incubation period can be up to 21 days before symptoms begin to show, but can a simple blood test show if the person (in question) is carrying the disease, even though it hasn't manifested itself yet?

Being in Chicago and knowing that these two are in Indiana is too close for comfort for me...

I really don't want to bug out, but if this thing starts spreading I'm out of here like a boner in sweat pants...
edit on 27-7-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Umm this is a virus that very much has the potential to mutate! Wtf would they let ANYONE who might be infected into this country and why the hell would this idiot doctor let his stupid family come to the states. What an irresponsible jackass!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoAngel2u
a reply to: Diabolical There is a JFK Medical Center in Liberia
en.wikipedia.org...

Ah, okay. That is what I read then.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Even the early reports said Brantly's family was already in the States before he became ill - most likely he sent them home to get them out of harm's way when Ebola hit Liberia. Not sure if true, but seems quite plausible.

Strickland said Brantly's family happened to be on a trip to the U.S. when he became ill and were not exposed to the disease. Brantly first noticed his symptoms earlier this week and immediately quarantined himself, according to Strickland.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Thanks, soficrow. I hope that remains correct.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join