Albright: 'The World Is a Mess'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Sunday on CBS's “Face the Nation,” former Clinton administration Secretary of State Madeleine Albright said, "To put it mildly, the world is a mess.

“Can you recall a time when there was so much trouble in so many places around the world?" "Face the Nation" anchor Bob Schieffer asked of Albright.

Gee YA THINK ?

Well hip hip hoorah for Albright stating the obvious.

So many grand delusions were shouted at the top of their voices about electing a certain someone to the oval office. The entire word would be all rainbows, and unicorns.

There would be 'peace' and 'goodwill' towards men.

I remember the hype about the 'second coming' when the 'nobel peace prize' maker was elected.

I love the comment below with the Duck Dynasty parody picture in the first link.

Guess who has been in charge for the last 6 years, and how is that leading from behind working out to paraphrase it been working out ?

It's bad, and doesn't like it is going to get any better anytime soon.

For your reading 'enjoyment'.

The world is less violent

White House says O brings 'tranquility' to the 'global community' 10 headlines beg to differ.

And then there is this golden nugget:

Government is us and were doing things 'right'.

On the next episode of ' As the world burns'.......

Check local times for the next 'show'.
edit on 27-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah, she is in fact stating the obvious.

There is always an aggressor and the abused and it's quite funny how the aggressor always seem to eminate from the same side or at least have association with that side.

Now to identify the problem and the solution Madeleine

In an ideal world, I would suggest it is the obligation of the most developed countries to help the lesser developed nations become better and more responsible & educated (I also don't believe that illegal surveillance on a country you're supposed to be friendly with is a good idea, especially on the trust side of things). That way the human race as a whole could maybe evolve quicker, everyone, everywhere, together. Instaed however, we are all divided by borders, different beliefs and some of us appear to be shackled to hate-fueled history. And another sad fact of the world today, if it has value and not bolted to the floor, corporations will buy it.
edit on 27-7-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-7-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm not the biggest Obama fan, but I don't think the world would be less of a mess if we'd elected the other major candidate.

Also, much of the world's problems are not the fault of the USA.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I don't have words for her indictment of technology and its resulting connectivity, where she asserts people don't have "an understanding of all of the pieces of news that come in to us."

Did I understand her correctly?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
We've only the world leaders to blame........or whoever's pulling their strings.
There's fighting going on all over the planet but the governments don't seem to want to put an end to it.

What scares me is us in the western world are getting so used to the killings in the middle-east etc and seem to accept it to a point.
Maybe because it's not happening at home......I dunno..

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Yeah she pretty much said 'Americans are dumb' and don't understand what is going on.

Albeit not in those exact words.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
I'm not the biggest Obama fan, but I don't think the world would be less of a mess if we'd elected the other major candidate.

Ooops! You've gone and done it now!

Stand by, the Hate the US crowd will be here shortly to correct you on that and show just how everything in the world today is the fault of the US, rest assured.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I've gone back and listened to this again. I don't think she limits it to Americans, but it's appalling she thinks the free flow of information is a bad thing.

I wonder if this point is really about the Snowden type exposures and global reaction as a consequence?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Here is the correction.

Pushing demagogic bubbles about the west is intellectual dishonesty at best. Intentionally lying at worst.

The simple fact what has been going on in the ME has been rinse and repeated for over 3000 years.

Hell taken a good look at recent events in Syria, and Iraq ?

No evil zionists there, and they went back to their OLD ways once we left.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Information isn't bad.

But too much information.

Intentional misinformation.

And picking and choosing what information applies is the problem.

I think.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
When you look at the world it woud take a very simple mind to think the problems it has are some how new. Where is their conflict now that did not have conflict for the last 30 years. Many of todays problems are relics of the Cold War. And as things go the world is pretty damn peaceful compared to... well any other time. So lets play a game who can come up with a time when their was less conflict in the world in a previous modern Presidents time in office. What conflicts are really new? If you took Ukraine as seperate from Russias history since the 90s of causing troubles in its former republics then you could sort of pretend that is something new and not that Russia has already done the same in Georgia, Armenia, Azebajan and Moldova. Syria did have some peace between 2007 and 2011 after almost 40 years of not stop internal and external fighting. Most of the conflcits currently going on were going on when Albright was working. Although they had a lot more going on then than now.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: eriktheawful

No evil zionists there, and they went back to their OLD ways once we left.

Their OLD ways are the ways of all humans....

Sorry but all nations are in some form of OLD ways compelled perpetual state of conflict, chaos, crisis and continual collapse, not just the ones that have had war thrust upon them for their fossil fuel reserves or the fact they may threaten the transport of someone elses fossil fuel reserves,

When fossil fuels continue to be traded in US dollars, then, yes much of the problems we are experiencing globally have a justified U.S hand somewhere in there, manipulating outcomes that serve their wants.

I cant forsee anytime soon where the U.S will say Ok OK lets create a global currency and all resources will be traded in that.........

Why is the world a mess? OIL my friends, OIL.......

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
They need to up her dosage of liberal Kool-Aid so that she too can see the global tranquility our messianic leader has himself created.

Intravenous by force, if necessary.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
When a government official can see it, it must be very obvious. They are usually in their little world denying anything bad is happening. They seem to think problems go away if you don't admit they exist. But it seems like this new society is challenging that philosophy. Where do we get these officials from? I suppose a sane person wouldn't apply for the job, especially the president job. You need someone who is a psychopathic liar in office I guess, someone who twists reality to make a depression look like an economic boom without fixing a thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

They may not be the cause of the world's problems, but with all that power and fingers in pies all around the globe they use their influence to further their own interests first.

With great power comes great (ir)responsibility.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah she pretty much said 'Americans are dumb' and don't understand what is going on.

Albeit not in those exact words.

Some American's are dumb. But most are not and many are waking up to the crapstorm that the political system turned into.

Not a fan of Albright at all. Stating the obvious and calling us all dumb... Really whos the dumb one in all of this, we can state some names.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

When fossil fuels continue to be traded in US dollars, then, yes much of the problems we are experiencing globally have a justified U.S hand somewhere in there, manipulating outcomes that serve their wants.

Huh ?

They were fighting over in the ME long before oil was ever 'discovered'.

And so was the rest of the world.

Nice try.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

They may not be the cause of the world's problems, but with all that power and fingers in pies all around the globe they use their influence to further their own interests first.

With great power comes great (ir)responsibility.

I would certainly hope the US government puts US interests first!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Madeleine Notsobright, who went and drug this woman out of obscurity. could it be that she is coming into the lime light again to support billary and be her secretary of state

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The fight is called " I want what you have " the present 'want' is oil/gas.

At least I'm trying...Now you've unleashed the Koala.

What are you trying to say that America is not the underlying cause for a vast majority of the present global concerns (mess) you yourself have created a thread about.

The 'Facts' are, America is repeating what ALL Empires have done and sadly will end up the same. Why, human nature.

There is a difference between leaving a tribe in an Amazon rain forest alone to live the way they have always lived and purposefully restricting innovation and human advancement because you have too much influence over the world because the majority of energy is traded in your currency.

But yes, yes sounds like I'm on the blame wagon with all the other USA haters, I'm not.

Just trying to point out a few facts, we all breath the same air, we all need to do what we can to guide us away from our self destructive justifications.

The U.S is no better or worse, but I for one would like it to be the Empire that can get over the hump all others have failed to...
edit on 46ub312014p26pm by subtopia because: thought I'd rant...
edit on 52000000b312014p28pm by subtopia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join