CNN POLL: Americans wish they'd elected Romney

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The most important line...

Of course, the poll should be taken with a grain of salt. While Obama is actually taking on the tough task of leading the nation, Romney is sitting comfortably on the sidelines.

Yeah, if Romney HAD won, I am certain the numbers would be flipped. Everyone would be wishing they'd given Obama another chance. It's easy to hate on the one with the responsibility.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Sorry but were doing much better than we were during the end of GWB's term!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

They are pulling your foot.
55% to 42%???
Thats a joke....it will be what it always is and i predicted it in advance last election.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It will be 49 to 51 as always...thats why these polls and elections are a laugh and a joke.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The voters (AS MUCH AS I HATE TO SAY IT) will probably have another chance in the next election for POTUS to vote for Mitt Romney. Money and name recognition goes along way in that game.

P.S. does not matter how hot it is some people still go fishing, No ?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This November will be the litmus test for the GOP to see if they can have any relevant influence in American politics at all. With their fascination with crazy extremist and no real platform other than "we're not Obama" they have their work cut out for them.

Granted things are ******up so who can come up with the catchy slogan to instill some enthusiasm. One thing is sure the GOP needs a good one to win back the electorate they have alienated. I don't think they have a candidate that can pull it off.

Polls don't mean jack in this election cycle.
edit on 27-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Three off the top of my head. . .

Dr. Ben Carson
Col. Allen West
Gov. Bobby Jindal

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
This November will be the litmus test for the GOP to see if they can have any relevant influence in American politics at all. With their fascination with crazy extremist and no real platform other than "we're not Obama" they have their work cut out for them.

Granted things are ******up so who can come up with the catchy slogan to instill some enthusiasm. One thing is sure the GOP needs a good one to win back the electorate they have alienated. I don't think they have a candidate that can pull it off.

We are not Obama is good enough!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: olaru12

Three off the top of my head. . .

Dr. Ben Carson
Col. Allen West
Gov. Bobby Jindal

I just don't see the GOP drafting an unknown. They are all good men Jindal might come in as a dark horse.

I really liked Jindal when he said it's time for the GOP to stop being the stupid party......I don't think they heard him though!!!

www.bobbyjindal.com...

The republicans running a blackman ala West or ? will be seen as pandering. Might work though with a slick hip campaign. Worked with Obama. I just don't see West or Carson as slick or hip.

It's all about perception not reality.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'd vote for Romney. I actually like Romney but I don't think he was the right choice last time around. We needed to see Obama mess everything up in person. I sure hope there is a good candidate on one of the sides next time, I'm thinking nobody honest wants the job. Lawyers are trained to shuffle the truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

I think it will be Clinton or Warren, or a Clinton/Warren ticket. At the current gop pace I don't see another win for them for over a decade.

oh please make them run together, yes! then in 2020, who is next? the lbgt ticket?
we have to give everyone a chance at running the country, ya know. no matter what qualifications they have to do the job.

how about a kardashian/beeber run?
or ayres/holder!

romney would have been a lot better than obama, at least he wouldn't be blaming bush all the time.
he also didn't get to be successful by making decisions all by himself or having a bunch of dummies and radicals all around him.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
pretty much every second term is a disaster. even ronnie was a hot mess

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Well when the great depression hit America didn't elect another republican for 2 decades, so I see the same circular pattern repeating.

I don't see any republican that can win a national election, Perry, West, Romney??

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

originally posted by: olaru12

We are not Obama is good enough!

No it's not! Campaigns aren't about politics anymore; it's about personalities, marketing, advertising, showmanship and establishing a "brand"......more like creating a pop star or selling beer than getting someone elected.

www.winningcampaigns.org...

It's a new world in media and advertising; it has taken over politics as well. Sadly the GOP is still operating under obsolete and outmoded models and if they don't get their **** together; they will continue to lose. The Palin/McCain effort was a total disaster and Mitts' wasn't much better.

The dembs have smart young social media geek teams and the GOP has tired old men that have no idea what's going on; they think "twitter" is a type of bird.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The way I see it, you are so completely against Obama, or you are a strong supporter of Romney and the Republicans.
I suspect that you are not that enthusiastic about Romney. What is it about Obama that absolutely drives you up the wall?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hmm, not too sure, it's always easy to use hindsight to change course on the better choice, but in this case, there is no chance in hell, even if time were turned back the Romney choice would be made, the problem would be who would be the VP? and also Romney would not have been any more the better I don't think, and honestly he would have tried some brand of RomneyCare or some program that the other half or to be more Romneyesque, 47 % would despise.

He probably would have found some way to get us into another war or by now failed miserably at something, some way to piss off or on the world just as much so what we have are a dissatisfied bunch that can only use hindsight to say, hey that car our family purchased new with 1 mile on it and fell in love with that has 90,000 miles on it now, on second thought we like the first one I test drove with them, can we have that one instead?

I don't buy this one bit, an afterthought poll, WOW, it means nothing, what it means is that Americans as usual were faced with a dilemma, not a choice, a true choice is when you have 3 strong candidates to choose from, never two, strong, weak or mediocre anything.

Obama was more than likely the better choice, when you think of all of those binders of women Romney had and how terrible he was on his trip to England, his many now well known lies and fact checks that showed him just as much a liar in the debates, if you want to go there on Obama being a liar, or honestly as though that is some unique trait that other politicians simply do not have, or no president has ever done.

edit on 27-7-2014 by phinubian because: changed verbiage

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I heard a fellow make a really fine argument that things would be radically different today if Ron Paul had entered the White House in '08. I have to say that if I have to trust a man with a pen and phone as my leader, I'd pick Ron Paul over the others. Personally, I'm hoping for a Ron Paul/Willie Nelson ticket next time around. If this nation is to continue on the road to despotism, I'm going with the grandfatherly type who have proven records of working hard for what they want to accomplish.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ha! Like anything would be different. The msm parades out the illusion of choice.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot
I Hate Liars. Obama has Always been a Liar.
I never hid that fact and I've posted plenty of examples of obamas lies.
I will not go over it again here, it's very evident I can not stand obama.

edit on 27-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
the republicans and FOX were saying the same thing right before the 2012 election due to their much vaunted polling data....maybe...juuuust maybe, the people that actually vote, are NOT the ones that are included in the polling.

I got to step up here and say that Rush Limbaugh was saying one way or another that it didn't look good for Mitt 2 weeks before the election.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: tsingtao

Well when the great depression hit America didn't elect another republican for 2 decades, so I see the same circular pattern repeating.

I don't see any republican that can win a national election, Perry, West, Romney??

elmer fudd would beat anyone on the dem ticket.

all they have is hillary and that's a stretch, no matter what the hype is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join