It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Five Bombs Detonate in Madrid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Wow, Madrid really needs to tighten their security. First the train bombings, now this, btw, good find.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Muabdib: in light of your comments I checked the facts out and you're right...although ETA has a reputation for warning away civilians, they've not been as conscientious about it as I thought they had...being careless about giving warnings is the same thing as not giving them...and so ETA is demoted pretty heavily in my view now that I've checked the facts out.

The Basques do arguably have a better case for separatism than, say, the Cataln-speakers of Barcelona and so forth because the Basques are much further removed linguistically and culturally from the rest of the peoples of Spain and environs, but even so allowing a separatist movement to withdraw is a pretty dangerous precedent for any nation to establish.

And lastly, while in theory there may be a place for "terrorism"--I'd argue that the Boston Tea Party, for example, almost certainly fits some definitions of terrorism--in the modern world there's not a group of terrorists out there that I'm inclined to support or whose tactics I think are well-chosen, let alone morally defensible; modern weaponry (explosives and worse things) have really upped the ante so far as destructive capabilities are concerned.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is the way ETA works. They tell you its going to happen, if you dont take action your in trouble.

Sad day.

<< 1   >>

join