It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there's war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Now with all of the talk about the impending war, I have a question. Assuming that the doo doo really does hit the fan, what is the possibility of Russia and China becoming true Allies. If they did become true allies, and became 1 fighting force, is there any way of stopping them? Would they be able to penetrate the boundaries of the USA? Would nuclear weapons be the only option of stopping them?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I can't really see them invading the US, but nuclear weapons probably would be the only option. However if those are used then everyone loses the war.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I can't really see them invading the US, but nuclear weapons probably would be the only option. However if those are used then everyone loses the war.

I agree that if nukes are used it's over - for everyone.

I would have to disagree with you however about them invading the US. I believe that it would be possible. There would be just way too many to stop. My Grandfather once told me that during the Korean war, they would send wave after wave of soldiers, and the waves would just advance stepping over their dead until you ran out of ammunition, then they would overtake you.

The original question though is, what is the feasability of those two countries becoming Allies, and 1 fighting force. Can it happen?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i dont they will join together more like a EU and russia force.
the USSR and china have not been the best of friends.
they had a border skirmish in the 1960's

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Here I am going to give it to you straight. A Russian China Alliance may happen. Putin has already discussed creating a new alliance that is Russia China India and Brazil. This makes up more then 70% of the entire worlds population and accounts for over 85% of the worlds potential consumer base.

They will have no need to send troops over to the US, or to even expend any resources in attacking ANYTHING in the US.

The biggest threat is that they simply ignore us. They dont ship anything to us, they dont buy anything from us, nothing. ZERO trade. They also do not let us trade with any nation that is within their alliance, NO Brazil, NO India, No South Asian countries, NO members of the ASEAN accord, nowhere that China has influence will be allowed to trade with the United States.

We will be on our own, we will have no say so in the World Market, no capability to enforce our global policies on other nations, NOTHING.

It will be the US and whatever nations that decide to struggle in poverty along with us.

So stop worrying about nukes and whether or not we are going to be invaded. We will become the outcast of the new world.

That is sad outlook for the future.

This is why Bush needs to be real friendly with Putin, this is why the US needs to become better at dealing with China, this is why the US dropped all the trade tarrifs with China on apparel goods. In a small sliver of hope that China will still ship product to the US.

With the stronger EURO, european goods become more expensive to sell in the US to people in the US. But they become attractive to people in the EU and to China, did you know that Mercedes now sends more cars to China then to the US? And did you know that everyday hundereds it not thousands of Mercedes are shipped from the US to China some even brand new cars right of the dealers lots ??? This is the start of the cutoff, soon Mercedes may decide it is not worthwhile to ship cars to the US, they can sell just as many cars to other countries now and no longer need the consumer base of the US. What happens when China and Russia says they need all the raw materials from Brazil ??? Since they have begun to give them economic assitance and threaten to withdraw it if they ship raw material to the US what do you think Brazil will do ? Does the current US budget have any spare funds to seed into Brazil to make them change their minds ? Or do we have such a large deficit that it is impossible for the US to extend any addditional economic aid to another foriegn country without collapsing our own.

Oh and the above "black mail" type policy is not exclusive to Russia and China, this was and still is a common forgien policy used by the US around the world, in the sort of back room deals that helped ensure our hold over the global market for so many years. Even the weak dollar policy could be used as struggling foreign economies rellied on selling goods into the US to ensure there Nation could generate enough revenue to buy surplus food and material from the US. But not any longer. Now those nations can sell to China get money and still buy food from the US and no longer be at the mercy of the US policy to sell at quota rates dictated by the US.

There will be no war, we will simply be left out to fend for our selves.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
robertfenix - Wow. Well ain't that just a warm and fuzzy? Pretty well thought out I'd say.

I see the feasability of what you say, however I do still believe that it will be a military strike. Call me paranoid

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
"Paranoid"

You asked for it, so this is what we will now call you superdude.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Justmytype - You're right, I asked for it - gee thanks!! You're allright!

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
no prob, "Paranoid" besides we both think so much alike anyways that I figured you would appreciate that comment.

top topics

join