It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: Satellite Imagery Shows Russians Shelling Eastern Ukraine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
So it seems that Russia is playing the ball back to the other side to come clean and give up the data to the groups involved in getting to the bottom of this horrific tragedy .

So will they finally gas on there rebels to keep there hands clean?

Let's hope so, let's hope they can cut them of and give Ukraine a chance in restoring its national integrity

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Puhleeese…I don't understand those that try to compare US Media

I don't compare them. I listen to both and sift out data from between their lines.

You must be aware that the RT US broadcasts are designed for us, not Russian folk.

The good thing about that is that the Russians will "leak" things our press will never tell us in order to undermine our state propaganda machine, just like we do to them.

As well anything they want to air on our English speaking airwaves is fully reviewed and censored beforehand. The US disinformation machine doesn't let them say just anything.

it is in fact reading between both and hearing their rebuttals to our rebuttals that allow us to discern the truth in there somewhere.

Plus I put an ATS frosting on all that jello, because others here may know or see something I don't.

Simply label them bad info is limiting your scope of the overall picture.

Further: You claim that The Evil Russians kill journalists, what do you think the Bradley Manning video of American Gunships killing journalists in Iraq was all about?

edit on 28-7-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

Correct me if I am wrong, the images/slides show multiple boxes on the map - NONE of those boxes are in Russia proper. The "to" and "from" boxes with the red arrows drawn between them are all inside Ukraine.

I'm looking at the map and NONE of those boxes/arrows are behind the yellow line that delineates the Ukraine/Russia border.

Am I missing something other than this videos attempt at propaganda?

I'm not saying Russia isn't involved, but this is really horrible imagery and nothing denoting areas "inside Russia." In fact, the satellite map is not even oriented to match the actual map in the upper right hand corner.

Please verify if I am somehow missing something?
edit on 28-7-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

You are not missing a thing…

As far as I can tell they have "released this stuff" with just enough complex blurriness to make us all go WTH?

Most people don't look as close and will forevermore accept the blurriness of it as evidentiary fact.

Because our gubment says so (place tongue between lips and blow).

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

Correct me if I am wrong, the images/slides show multiple boxes on the map - NONE of those boxes are in Russia proper. The "to" and "from" boxes with the red arrows drawn between them are all inside Ukraine.

I'm looking at the map and NONE of those boxes/arrows are behind the yellow line that delineates the Ukraine/Russia border.

Am I missing something other than this videos attempt at propaganda?

I'm not saying Russia isn't involved, but this is really horrible imagery and nothing denoting areas "inside Russia." In fact, the satellite map is not even oriented to match the actual map in the upper right hand corner.

Please verify if I am somehow missing something?

I don't think you're wrong and I agree the satellite images presented are no proof for multiple reasons - there is a video 1 - 2 pages back about those satellite images that brings out many points why those are of little value as a proof but of a big value as a propaganda piece for those who will not examine or double check what the images are actually showing...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis
a reply to: Indigo5

it seems to me both of you failed to provide a reply on topic and the topic presented here is satellite images that were released by some US official on a social network and sent by email to various news media.

satellite images US claims are proof of Russian artillery targeting Ukrainians on territory of Ukraine to support the Ukrainian rebels...

what some of us here are saying is that said images are in no way proof of anything for so many reasons and have been used in a propaganda war against Russia.

while it does matter what media is saying we would like to discuss the satellite images itself.

and even media (as shown in the first page) is not saying images are proof - they are merely saying US says it is proof...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I would be on your side, but I found this photo showing the evidence.

I was about to say, if they have satellite imagery, show us, and they did, luckily. I see artillery lined up along a Russian road and then I do see what looks to be scarring on a Ukrainian farm plot.
edit on 29amTue, 29 Jul 2014 11:36:17 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Did these images come from a satellite from the 1960's?

google earth has better quality. Get us some color photos and zoom in and take pictures that we can actually see.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's kind of funny that someone can just claim a "source" has images that "proves" that Ukraine downed a jet, and people here believe it in droves... but when actual satellite imagery is provided that shows Russia in a bad light, no one believes it.

Ok.. so I get that people don't trust the U.S. government. To a ridiculous degree in my opinion, but sure, some of it is well deserved. But my question is.. what has Russia done that makes you so trustful of them? They were masters of deception during the cold war.. why the belief that Russia is being abused, maligned and that they have no ulterior motive themselves? Why do they even -have- troops and equipment and planes and rockets near the border? They could remove them and defuse the situation. Obviously they are not doing a "drill" any longer. Not that it ever was.. although I imagine many of those who seem to support Russia believe it was probably true.

I still have to wonder about this site - it's so anti-American.. and so pro communist.. pro dictatorship.. pro terrorist.. it boggles my mind.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The Ukraine government is bankrupt. It cannot fight a war.

The WEST has provided money, weapons and men to fight the war.

The media paints like Ukrainian military is fighting. This is as much false as true.

There is naked involvement of West in the war.

The problem for Russia is that it has to react with NATO at its doorstep. If it does not, its very existence as a political entity is in question.

So Russia is forced to fight, even if many Russians are not convinced.

Russian history has shown one thing - Russians are very hard to put down. They may look outright silly in peacetime but have performed well in wartime.

The Western media makes a big deal of territory lost by rebels. This war is not about a sliver of Ukrainian territory.
The borders will change everyday in this war until whole of Ukraine is overrun by Russia.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
I still have to wonder about this site - it's so anti-American.. and so pro communist.. pro dictatorship.. pro terrorist.. it boggles my mind.

The over-hyped anti-American generalization is just like the anti-Semitic cry when Israels government is criticized. Understand who is being criticized.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
now show me the Heavy Wepons being used on Donesk, by the Govt. of Ukraine,,,any close up pisc of what is happening now??

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

russian or american, or European Union,, does Nato have its own Satelites???

i dont know,, but anyone have on going,,pics??

pics or it does not exist,,,,internet world 2.8 rev. addition.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Cablespider

The over-hyped anti-American generalization is just like the anti-Semitic cry when Israels government is criticized. Understand who is being criticized.

Haven't read many threads about Ukraine have you, because if you did you wouldn't say it was over hyped.

Also if Ukraine had fighters that were in the area of this SAM and didn't give the order to take it out they deserve to be invaded by Russia.

edit on 30-7-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

U.S.: Satellite Images Show Russian Rockets Hitting Ukraine

all I see is a drainage ditch & what looks like bales/stacks of hay from a recent harvest..

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moondoggie

U.S.: Satellite Images Show Russian Rockets Hitting Ukraine

all I see is a drainage ditch & what looks like bales/stacks of hay from a recent harvest..

Then you should put your glasses on and look again.

Hay stacks don't look like that.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Doesn't show evidence = They're lying
Shows evidence = Its faked

I've noticed this is how some people tend to think.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Sure, Putin may be lying, but I would suggest your 100 billion dollar per year satellite/intelligence system come up with some answers. If not, I would be wondering where my hard earned taxes were being spent. Otherwise, you are in 'Duck Soup'.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Gee, sh#t for brains, guess USA holds the moral high ground. You are delusional. You can only intimidate and bribe for so long.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ozwest

Sure, Putin may be lying, but I would suggest your 100 billion dollar per year satellite/intelligence system come up with some answers. If not, I would be wondering where my hard earned taxes were being spent. Otherwise, you are in 'Duck Soup'.

It did and the images were released.

People decided to say they were fake and ignored them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join