It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Please stop!', Pope Francis makes plea for peace

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity72

You call 800 dead babys grossly exaggerated!

Mass graves with nearly 800 infants contained within, no record of burial, and you wish to lay the blame at the door of protestant propaganda against the Catholic Church? Can you not see the evil that has transpired here? The blame lies with whoever participated in the deaths and burial of the poor little souls. Who do you think that was?

Is that the way that Nun's and Priests treat the dead? I think not!
edit on 29-7-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Mass graves with nearly 800 infants contained within, no record of burial, and you wish to lay the blame at the door of protestant propaganda against the Catholic Church? Can you not see the evil that has transpired here? The blame lies with whoever participated in the deaths and burial of the poor little souls. Who do you think that was?
Yeah because basically this was a common practice in the country at the time:

"The reports of unmarked graves shouldn't have come as a surprise to the Irish public, who for decades have known that some of the 10 defunct "mother and baby homes," which chiefly housed the children of unwed mothers, held grave sites filled with forgotten dead.

The religious orders' use of unmarked graves reflected the crippling poverty of the time, the infancy of most of the victims, and the lack of plots in cemeteries corresponding to the children's fractured families."

This wasn't just a Catholic practice it was a societal practice at the time and there were baptism records:

"In stories published June 3 and June 8 about young children buried in unmarked graves after dying at a former Irish orphanage for the children of unwed mothers, The Associated Press incorrectly reported that the children had not received Roman Catholic baptisms; documents show that many children at the orphanage were baptized.

The AP also incorrectly reported that Catholic teaching at the time was to deny baptism and Christian burial to the children of unwed mothers; although that may have occurred in practice at times it was not church teaching."

Read more: newsbusters.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

Yep. I posted earlier on a skynews story about the children. They have no say who their parents are? They have no say where they are born and they have no choice being born into Religious conflicts!!

They don't stand a chance.

On another note... why are people still practicing their Religion and want to still not eat or break fasting when there are bombs going off all around them?? Ridiculous. Just shows how controlled this lot are.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So now your claiming that this was the done thing at the time. Is all fine and dandy and not to put too much emphasis on the fact considering some of them died due of malnutrition.........In a children's home.........in the care of Nuns and Priests?

Not feeding Children in your care = child abuse and neglect and when they die that's MURDER.

Mass Graves containing children with no record of burial = Who knows what? Certainly morally ambiguous to say the least!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

So now your claiming that this was the done thing at the time. Is all fine and dandy and not to put too much emphasis on the fact considering some of them died due of malnutrition.........In a children's home.........in the care of Nuns and Priests?

Not feeding Children in your care = child abuse and neglect and when they die that's MURDER.

Mass Graves containing children with no record of burial = Who knows what? Certainly morally ambiguous to say the least!

The children were being feed when they could but many of them had diesease that what little food there was they couldn't keep down. You want to make this out that the church starved these children and that is not the case. It's obvious you have an adgenda against the church to the point you aren't even interested in the truth and ethically are more than willing to spin anything you can into a negative position. Unfortunately I think our time for interaction has come to an end because while I am being honest, forth coming and quite frankly realistic you have choosen to not embrass any of those qualities.

Like I said in an earlier post you are more than willing to twist anyting you can get your hands on and fling it on the wall with zero interest in actually learning about the topic. You have been provided links where the media had to correct their stories in Ireland and that quite frankly many of them had egg of their face including the associated press. It was a brillant smear campaign by those (just like you) who hate the church and want to harm it.

If you want to have an honest and truthful exchange let me know.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

My wee granny used to say "You can't teach pork" somehow i think that statement rather applies to your view regarding the Vatican in general. The impression i get from your single minded one sided arguments which all appear to be pro Vatican, is that you cannot see the trees for the forest with respects to the atrocities these people are responsible. It seems should this Pope say jump, you would ask how high? Just pray he never asks you to bend over!

I hope given enough time you will somehow see the light with respects to who these people actually are and the atrocitys they commit against the very people who furnish them with the luxury to do so. On that note im out, some people just don't want to know the truth even when its staring them in the face.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

My wee granny used to say "You can't teach pork" somehow i think that statement rather applies to your view regarding the Vatican in general. The impression i get from your single minded one sided arguments which all appear to be pro Vatican, is that you cannot see the trees for the forest with respects to the atrocities these people are responsible. It seems should this Pope say jump, you would ask how high? Just pray he never asks you to bend over!

I hope given enough time you will somehow see the light with respects to who these people actually are and the atrocitys they commit against the very people who furnish them with the luxury to do so. On that note im out, some people just don't want to know the truth even when its staring them in the face.
I don't think this Pope is perfect and as I have posted the church has plenty to answer for but I don't believe this dribble from your prior posts:

- That Pope Francis was involved in Child abuse or the cover up
- That the Catholic Church promotes satan worship and kills children
- That nuns starved children and threw them into a septic tank

I have admitted to the child abuse and stated the church has to answer for it but you have not recognized one single positive thing the Church has done and your posts are not only one sided they are false. At least I tell the truth and have integrity on the subject.
edit on 29-7-2014 by Humanity72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What the heck is a wee granny? Is that someone like Sylvester & Tweetie's owner?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

edit on 7/29/2014 by Mudwlke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MudwlkeI don't think poor Andy realizes you are yanking his chain and screwing around.

(post by andy06shake removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
thing is that there is no real revealings about problems in world and if you ask me no one, not even pope francis has enough experience how to tell it !
all of this that is happening atm is just smoke for bigger fire.. I m sad cause i have three kids but i m afraid that tomorrow is not their best friend..

I STILL WANNA SEE BETTER FUTURE !

TELL THEM TO GTFO THIS PLANET !

Sorry for harsh words, but I m shame to be human !

(post by Humanity72 removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join