It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Please stop!', Pope Francis makes plea for peace

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity72

"He is he has called for peace in Syria, Iraq and Egypt he even declared a day of fasting for all Catholics in the name of Peace in Syria."

Thats nice, maybe one day we will all hold hands and inaugurate world peace in the name of all of Christendom should he ever call for that particular notion to happen. Then again chance would indeed be rather a fine thing. But until then I can hear the pub calling me for a few cold ones, everybody have a superb evening!

I still would not leave my children round about any of those Vatican types, no smoke without fire and all that!

edit on 28-7-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"He is he has called for peace in Syria, Iraq and Egypt he even declared a day of fasting for all Catholics in the name of Peace in Syria."

That nice, maybe one day we will all hold hands and inaugurate world peace in the name of all of Christendom should he ever call for that particular notion to happen. Then again chance would indeed be rather a fine thing. But until then I can hear the pub calling me for a few cold ones, everybody have a superb evening!

I still would not leave my children round about any of those Vatican types, no smoke without fire and all that!

Interesting you condemn the Pope for not calling for Peace in other wars I show you that he does exactly that so you revert back to your child abuse point which BTW is all you have for an argument.

I'll never understand why some people are so petty they can acknowledge good in someone even if they are not a supporter of that person or organization. Let's promote hate because that isn't the real problem in the middle east right?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
MASSIVE CONDONED RAMPANT child molestation on a global scale is NOT PETTY!!!

Unbelievable...

You dismiss it like some abused wife excusing her husband for beating her...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Truth be told i condem the Pope in a few other ways. He's not calling for World peace he named the places as you so kindly pointed out. And I wont leave the CHILD SEX ALLEGATIONS alone, why should I? Priests should not abuse children ritualistic or otherwise! Cant say sorry for that im afraid!

What does modern law say about touching wanes? Nothing positive I imagine.

If indeed you wish to discuss the inception of law a far better beginning lies with Hammurabi Code of Law. This well predates you mighty Catholicism im afraid. And if you wish to bring education in to the mix i think you will find the ancient Greeks stole the idea from the Babylonians and attempted to make it mainstream allthrough seldom for the masses in that respect they are indeed synonymous with Catholicism.

Christianity has done nothing but retard science and free thinking human beings since its inception. That's common knowledge and I paid for my own college education thank you very much, Catholicism and/or the Vatican had no hand in the matter.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Problem is I doubt you are even interesting in knowing the truth

What truth is that? That Constantine wasn't really the son of a Roman officer but instead was a Persian Zoroastrian plant who used the Christianity cult to consolidate his power?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'll never understand why some people are so petty they can acknowledge good in someone even if they are not a supporter of that person or organization.

My point exactly. I choose to commune with my creator in my own way and I do not adhere to the Judeo Christian sense of the word just like andy but the words the pope spoke should be recognized as what they are, a call for peace. Rather than attacking the man heed the words.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I did flesh out some of problems with the simple answer. But then again, within the framework of a complex world, one by one we have to become Peace Makers and stand our ground, through meditation, awareness, not react to all the horrors they arrange. I don't believe this excludes speaking up for a sane UN (as opposed to corrupt UN that we seem to have) action, police action, excluding anything related to bombing neighborhoods and schools and using depleted uranium weapons but saying, NO enough is enough, the world police force/squat team is going to secure civilians and neighborhoods, and deal with rogue agents, but also I believe the UN and a world sane council, that should respond to citizens speaking up, should also be able to determine that a country that is enforcing a fundmental religion, restricting women's rights, enforcing veils and burqa's, could be restructured 3 generations, with equality and basic democracy and all these things being outlawed.

I would like to see some international LAWS regarding high standards of human rights, freedom of religion and only forms of democracies being allowed, and consider all forms of ancient fundamentalism, that would try to impose stonings, or forcing, or beheadings, or sexual mutiliation, or forced clothing, to be violations of human rights and even dangerous to world citizens and safety, they should be outlawed, all theocracies, outlawed.

But you know, police action in my mind involves real ground troops with clean weaponry, and no bombs for any civilians, and resources used to really free a country.

Our current leaders and their handlers, ie Rothschild subsidaries, are not in agreement with a free and good world.

But as complex as the problem is, and even while some may get fooled short term, and some roped into contracts long term to spread discord and chaos and lies, it still starts with choosing not to join in or participate in a war action.

Peace does start with us.

edit on 28-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have to add something that maybe was taking out of context from scanning other posts. Freedom of religion or not having "christianity" shoved down ones throat. Yes well that involves you, alone, not your wife, not your whole country forced under a theocracy, not your children. Its you alone, others have their own rights.

And, that is why world wide laws that protect individual rights in every corner of the world and a police force to act, is always needed.

There cannot be peace otherwise actually.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
WWJD about the Gaza-Israeli conflict? You'd have to ask him if you see him. G*d did not create this conflict; man did. Jesus's compassion for his fellow man would override any concern about "who is right" or "whose land is this". An immediate cease-fire and treatment of the wounded would be the top priority of Jesus, I would think. Second would be a plea for group prayer and appeal to wisdom.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJesusWuang

Don't forget the wine....dude could turn water into wine ! That's how he got them to follow him. It's in the bible.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Some ARE responsible for some atrocities associated with many of the existent religious groups. 1 is not the JUDGE nor Jury of those ignorant / evol who have taken advantage of youth minds/bodies and distracted many.

Question one is:
is this some intelligent thought out attack on the potential religious influences upon man by another influence seeking to have many LOST and distracted as they witness and evaluate religions in order to have more souls sway they other way unknowingly? 1 is not sure, but it does appear that there is a energy @ play here on EA*RTH that would probably gain strength with less believers in GOD figures/influences.

Who or what that energy is... Is still up for debate.
And so, when its observed in the current times some trying to keep the positive effects of religion upon mankind relevant it is something to be appreciated in a world seemingly to be overran by power/greed/hate/noncare/Service To Self (STS) like un-balances.

Question two is would many prefer there was no balance and greed/power/hate STS became the global norm, its an internal question...

NAMASTE*******
edit on 7/28/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
MASSIVE CONDONED RAMPANT child molestation on a global scale is NOT PETTY!!!

Unbelievable...

You dismiss it like some abused wife excusing her husband for beating her...

I absolutely do not dismiss it or the seriousness of it and I fully expect the church to take responsibility and action. I think it has been a disgraced that more has not been done sooner but I am optimistic at the progress that is being made.

However you can not judge a 2,000 year old institution on this one issue and not look at all the positive the church has done.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Truth be told i condem the Pope in a few other ways. He's not calling for World peace he named the places as you so kindly pointed out. And I wont leave the CHILD SEX ALLEGATIONS alone, why should I? Priests should not abuse children ritualistic or otherwise! Cant say sorry for that im afraid!

What does modern law say about touching wanes? Nothing positive I imagine.

If indeed you wish to discuss the inception of law a far better beginning lies with Hammurabi Code of Law. This well predates you mighty Catholicism im afraid. And if you wish to bring education in to the mix i think you will find the ancient Greeks stole the idea from the Babylonians and attempted to make it mainstream allthrough seldom for the masses in that respect they are indeed synonymous with Catholicism.

Christianity has done nothing but retard science and free thinking human beings since its inception. That's common knowledge and I paid for my own college education thank you very much, Catholicism and/or the Vatican had no hand in the matter.

en.wikipedia.org...
He prays for peace across the gold constantly you really have no idea who this Pope is or what he stands for but you yet you stand as judge, jury and executioner.

I'm not asking you to forget the child abuse scandals and the church should be held accountable but at the end of the day let's face it that is all you have. It's like a broken record a one trick pony.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJesusWuang
WWJD about the Gaza-Israeli conflict? You'd have to ask him if you see him. G*d did not create this conflict; man did. Jesus's compassion for his fellow man would override any concern about "who is right" or "whose land is this". An immediate cease-fire and treatment of the wounded would be the top priority of Jesus, I would think. Second would be a plea for group prayer and appeal to wisdom.
Pope Francis would agree.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BayouAlien
a reply to: DigitalJesusWuang

Don't forget the wine....dude could turn water into wine ! That's how he got them to follow him. It's in the bible.
For the non-believers, yes this is true. What is your point?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Some ARE responsible for some atrocities associated with many of the existent religious groups. 1 is not the JUDGE nor Jury of those ignorant / evol who have taken advantage of youth minds/bodies and distracted many.

Question one is:
is this some intelligent thought out attack on the potential religious influences upon man by another influence seeking to have many LOST and distracted as they witness and evaluate religions in order to have more souls sway they other way unknowingly? 1 is not sure, but it does appear that there is a energy @ play here on EA*RTH that would probably gain strength with less believers in GOD figures/influences.

Who or what that energy is... Is still up for debate.
And so, when its observed in the current times some trying to keep the positive effects of religion upon mankind relevant it is something to be appreciated in a world seemingly to be overran by power/greed/hate/noncare/Service To Self (STS) like un-balances.

Question two is would many prefer there was no balance and greed/power/hate STS became the global norm, its an internal question...

NAMASTE*******
There are certainly dark forces at work that are evil and would like nothing more to discredit the church. Weather you believe or disbelieve in God surely you can recognize the good that Christianity has done in the world and continues to do.

I would even submit that without religious teaching the moral and ethical direction of humanity would be vastly different and not in a good way.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

"He prays for peace across the gold constantly"

Really? I can believe that they all pray for "gold"! I take it you mean Globe.

Im afraid the amount of atrocity's the Vatican has been involved with throughout recorded history goes a little further than just kiddie fiddling. Which i do believe i have already listed.

If you had read the entirety of the thread you would see that I do indeed believe in God, just not the conventional Judeo Christian interpretation of such.

I also notice you just seem to have ditched your attempt to convince us that Catholicism was responsible for the inception of law(Sorry what was it modern law) and the foundation of our education systems. I thought you were alluring to those blessings being bestowed upon us by Christianity a few posts back.

Tell me something else who staffed all these Catholic Hospitals i should be so thankful for after they had burned all the midwives for witchcraft? Ok granted it was probably before the inception of mainstream Hospitals but burning woman for delivering babies is just plain wrong.

And i was born in the Queen Margaret Hospital nothing Catholic about the place or religious for that matter.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

"He prays for peace across the gold constantly"

Really? I can believe that they all pray for "gold"!

I take it you mean Globe.
Yeah this site doesn't have a modify post button that I can find which is going to really suck for me. ...Never mind I found it.
edit on 28-7-2014 by Humanity72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2014 by Humanity72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulshn

With his voice appearing to crack with emotion, the pope broke off from his scripted remarks to make a direct appeal for fighting to end.

"Please stop!, I ask you with all my heart, it's time to stop. Stop, please!"

'Please stop!', Pope Francis makes plea for peace

Amen.

God help us All.

The world finally sees a pope that puts aside words contrived by his speech writers to speak from the heart. A pope with a heart that can break at the suffering that man calls into the world. A pope such as this must know he will be met with hatred, condemned as a liar, accused of the sins of his predecessors, vilified and blamed. It takes great courage to speak from a broken heart and beg for the hate to end and none at all to scapegoat it.

Francis did a good thing, putting it out there, letting himself, his heart, be a channel for peace, for light.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A plea that will fall on deaf ears.

Brothers and sisters want peace. The MIC and the other greedy do not and they're in charge. They're not listening to a pope or anyone else. They don't care.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join