It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Please stop!', Pope Francis makes plea for peace

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

because of your anti-Catholic stance.

I am not anti-Catholic, I am anti-Powerful Groups That Coddle Criminal Pedophiles And Protect Them By Moving Them Around Their Vast Organization...and then get all morally arrogant when we call them out on it...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: coastlinekid
a reply to: sosobad

Wether you think so or not he is the head of a major religion and he holds sway.

Maybe instead of "Pontificating" to the rest of us, he should try and "sway" his priests to clear their ranks of PEDOPHILES that harm children every day...

Stick to that and maybe he will get a little more respect from me...

Actually, I believe this Pope has been doing just that, if I'm not mistaken.

The entire point we should be focusing on here is that a person in a high position that many people respect (the Pope) has called for peace. Plain and simple. His calls for peace will be heard by billions of people and that message is very important.

Now you and others can try to obfuscate the issue by throwing in the actions of Catholic priests and such, but it does not take away from the message the Pope is trying to convey....stop, peace please.

If you and others want to simply bow-off that message because of your anti-Catholic stance. That's fine. It will in no way negate the message's meaning or importance to the rest of us that are willing to agree with a call for peace.
Good post and yes they are trying amend Canon Law as we speak so that they will have specific procedures in place to go after abusive priest and prosecute them. They are also taking much of the power out of the Bishop's hands in the process so that there will be no interference with the prosecution.

Pope Francis is the real deal and he cleaning up the Church and making everyone accountable while setting the example himself. He will not use the Papal apartments and instead sleeps in a very common hotel room on the grounds. This is a Pope who is going have an extremely positive impact on the world.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

"Well then that makes two of us but the importance of this mans call for war to end should be recognized."

His call for war to end won't be recognised through, simply because his voice carry's no weight, due to possible Vatican involvement in all sorts of sordid proclivities past and present. Why should we listen to someone who represents the very people who are responsible for so much evil in our world?

"He isn't some crazy guy standing on a street corner he is the head of the Catholic church."

Stupid white hat and wearing a dress going around believing in a God that does not have the common decency to turn up on time and fix the supposed mess he/she/it is apparently responsible for? Some people may indeed call that crazy, just saying

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
The pope calls for peace and it is still not good enough for members here. What the hell is wrong with people that they have to take a stand against someone calling for peace? He is just asking for people to stop dying, why take issue with that?

Ill praise his words when he gets assassinated for TRULY trying to inform people about the wicked ways of his organization, and the elite at large. Hes saying "Oh oh please wont you stop" when he should be outing banksters, corporations, his own evil organization etc. He should be telling his flock about what many of us here on the board already know.

He should be telling the people "RISE UP!" FIGHT BACK against those who oppress you. But of course you cant betray your own, right?

What he has said and done up till now means nothing to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity72

"You really just throw random grossly inaccurate statements against the wall to see if they will stick."

Did you mother never tell you that manners make the Man and cost nothing? That's the second time you have been rather cheeky, tut tut!

"Problem is I doubt you are even interesting in knowing the truth or putting in any effort to discover it you simply make a fantasy up in your mind that works in your world and go with it.
"

Strange that you should mention fantasy, maybe i should read the bible? Do you think that may help with regards to my truth seeking abilities?
LoL
edit on 28-7-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
a reply to: sheepslayer247

because of your anti-Catholic stance.

I am not anti-Catholic, I am anti-Powerful Groups That Coddle Criminal Pedophiles And Protect Them By Moving Them Around Their Vast Organization...and then get all morally arrogant when we call them out on it...

The Church has come out publically apologized, brought victims to room to hear their side, admitted that terrible actions have been done and that they church is ashamed. They are also working diligently to correct the mistakes of the past and make sure they don't happen again.

The Church is not hiding or running away from this problem they are working diligently to find a solution that is correct and long lasting. It's interesting how when anyone wants to attack the church this is the ONE issue they use but refuse to recognize that this is a problem in all society it goes on in secular schools everyday, in every neighborhood and is awful. It's terrible when it anyone harms children and it is worst when it is a religious professional but no organization or family is immune.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

They beasted wanes, how do you apologise for that type of incident?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"You really just throw random grossly inaccurate statements against the wall to see if they will stick."

Did you mother never tell you that manners make the Man and cost nothing? That's the second time you have been rather cheeky, tut tut!

"Problem is I doubt you are even interesting in knowing the truth or putting in any effort to discover it you simply make a fantasy up in your mind that works in your world and go with it.
"

Strange that you should mention fantasy, maybe i should read the bible? Do you think that may help with regards to my truth seeking abilities?
It doesn't matter if you believe in the bible or not or if you are a Christian my issue with you is straight up facts. If you wish to discuss the bible that is most likely a topic for another thread but THIS THREAD is about Pope Francis and his statement.

If you think I'm being Cheeky fine but why don't you try backing up your assertions I'm not going to run from a good debate and I'm certainly not going to sit by while you slander a very holy and good man.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

They beasted wanes, how do you apologise for that type of incident?
You do exactly what they are doing:

1. Acknowledge there is a problem
2. Correct the problem
3. Ask for forgiveness
4. Support the victims the very best that you can.
5. Never forget what happened and do whatever you can to stop it.

The Church can never make this right with the victims they can only do the above.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Debate? I think if you read the entirety of the thread I have made my case rather plain as to the reason i do not hold with anything that comes out the Popes mouth.

As for him being a "very holy and good man" he is still the figurehead of the people who brought us the Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition and the destruction of Catharism. And that is but to name a few of the atrocities that said Vatican is directly responsible for.

But apparently he is a very nice fellow!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And how many of those crimes you can prove he himself committed?
Or even had a hand in?

Considering no immortals that we know of exist.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

"And how many of those crimes you can prove he himself committed?
Or even had a hand in?"

None I imagine, then again the phrase "The buck stops here" springs to mind. Just like any other figurehead the phrase refers to the fact that the head honcho is responsible for all major decisions and or actions and has to accept the ultimate responsibility for those decisions in this case the Pope I imagine.

My point is why should i believe anything these people or Pope says considering their past history?

"Considering no immortals that we know of exist."

The Bible may have an issue with that last statement the Pope certainly would considering Jesus attained immortality if memory serves.

Edit: Need to continue later im afraid I need to go change my little one and feed the others.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

That's true, within reason.
But he wasn't head honcho in the 17th-20th century now was he?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

As for that last part; dude, seriously?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The sickest part of all this?? That mercenaries (Blackwater) who have decimated entire cities and provide "security" for "U.S. officials" was started by Evangelical "Christians" and are now making HUGE amounts of money (which is paid by the GOVERNMENT; i.e. YOUR AND MY TAXES).

Yeah, that's not well-known around here apparently.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Just trying to add a little levity to the thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulshn
I think it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that our governments, being quite happy with the profits and absolute control, are not going to change anything anytime soon.

If we want a better world it is going to be up to us; we are the ones we are (still) waiting for.

I'm afraid to think of what it will take.

That's the thing--they got us on a slow boil. We won't be uncomfortable enough to jump out of the pot until it's too late. Something more "in our face", something that very obviously threatens us and our children I have no doubt that we'd finally fight. They wouldn't be able to handle that so our "control" is more subtle and very distracting.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

"But he wasn't head honcho in the 17th-20th century now was he?"

No indeed he was not but how much has really changed since then considering the scandal and genocide the Vatican has been involved with continues well in to our present century and even present day?

It cant all be bad press.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

What about the rest of the wars occurring as we speak all around the globe? If there was any real sincerity behind his words should he not be calling for global peace and nuclear disarmament also? Or is that too much to ask?

How is it that I am acting, i simply don't believe him is that not my prerogative?
He is he has called for peace in Syria, Iraq and Egypt he even declared a day of fasting for all Catholics in the name of Peace in Syria.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

"And how many of those crimes you can prove he himself committed?
Or even had a hand in?"

None I imagine, then again the phrase "The buck stops here" springs to mind. Just like any other figurehead the phrase refers to the fact that the head honcho is responsible for all major decisions and or actions and has to accept the ultimate responsibility for those decisions in this case the Pope I imagine.

My point is why should i believe anything these people or Pope says considering their past history?

"Considering no immortals that we know of exist."

The Bible may have an issue with that last statement the Pope certainly would considering Jesus attained immortality if memory serves.

Edit: Need to continue later im afraid I need to go change my little one and feed the others.
Well if you have a college education and you value it then you can thank the church. Plus there is a good chance that you or one of your direct ancestors was birthed in a Catholic hospital so say thanks to that. Do you like your freedom of religion rights? Well thank the church for that in that the first freedom of religions laws were created in Rome by Constantine to protect the Christians.

Like modern day law? Thank the Catholics pretty much all of it was derived from Canon Law in some form or fashion. Enjoy Western Civilization then you can thank the Catholics because without the Pope's leadership there is a very good chance it would have been wiped out several times oh and those crusades you have an issue with they played into that as well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join