It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Please stop!', Pope Francis makes plea for peace

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

With his voice appearing to crack with emotion, the pope broke off from his scripted remarks to make a direct appeal for fighting to end.

"Please stop!, I ask you with all my heart, it's time to stop. Stop, please!"

"Brothers and sisters, never war, never war! I am thinking above all of children, who are deprived of the hope of a worthwhile life, of a future," he said.

"Dead children, injured children, mutilated children, orphaned children, children whose toys are things left over from war, children who can't smile any more," he said.

'Please stop!', Pope Francis makes plea for peace

Amen.

God help us All.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here is the video.

It would be nice if there was no more war but the people who profit from war has too much power.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that our governments, being quite happy with the profits and absolute control, are not going to change anything anytime soon.

If we want a better world it is going to be up to us; we are the ones we are (still) waiting for.

I'm afraid to think of what it will take.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It wouldn't matter who profited from it, if everyone refused to participate in it.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Look I know they make it really hard, ie, 9/11, people died. And now ISIS beheads many thousands, and now is targetting Christians, who are crying for help. And then want to torture and maim millions of women.

I want them stopped.

Makes one wonder how to go about police action world wide as opposed to war action. They make the issues very hard to deal with.

To me, police action would be world wide military, protecting the civilians in any area, never bombing neighborhoods ore citizens, like US/UK did during war, with other western powers, even Canada onboard.

To me, it would be targetting the bad guys, treating it like a group of psycho's were ransoming a stadium of people, you wouldn't bomb the stadium to catch the bad guys.

Also you would use the top hidden weaponry for quick captures like their advanced black op scalar and tr3b's.

But as far as war goes, not sure what we're supposed to do.

Though they set this up, can this be allowed to maim and murder without anyone stopping it?

There are so many questions involved by how they induce populations into war. I don't even know the answer to some of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

want to kmow the twisted thing? if we all did stand up to the powers that bethey will start vaporizing cities until we comply again.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

It would be nice if there was no more war but the people who profit from war has too much power.

To who are you referring to ?

Putin for invading the Ukraine, and trying to profit from it ?

Iran and North Korea for profiting from the war in the 'holy land' by selling rockets to the 'oppressed' ?

Or the 'violence' in South and Central America ?

Or the never ending genocide in Africa ?

People are being killed all over the globe, and lots of 'profit' has been made from it.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am not Catholic, but in this, the Pope speaks for me. May we all find peace and learn that humanity is capable of being so much more.

Thank you to a true leader.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulshn
I think it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that our governments, being quite happy with the profits and absolute control, are not going to change anything anytime soon.

If we want a better world it is going to be up to us; we are the ones we are (still) waiting for.

I'm afraid to think of what it will take.

I'd give you an applause for this if I could. Nail on the proverbial head. Not a messiah. Not a superhero. Not the right frickin president. WE are the ones we've been waiting for.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thinking of the children?

Yeah, because the church has such a great reputation with caring for children.

No human, no pope or holy place is immune to evil. No potential victims are ever completely safe from evil.

War is inevitable.

imo

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
It wouldn't matter who profited from it, if everyone refused to participate in it.

Somewhat oversimplified in context to reality.

Governments sell war to their people. They sell war as an idea. If you find the right idea, you can mobilize an entire nation.

But at the end of the day, there will always be enough dullards and racists that can be galvinized into a fighting force.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
He should save the children speech for his work colleagues.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
wonder what life would be like if people didn't have to stab and claw hand over fist while scaling the backs of others just to get to the top?

if it wasn't for money (dominion) we'd all still have the same stake in the same ground.

who has more at stake,

those who just want to live in peace, or

those who want to make people suffer?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I suppose it's a nice gesture and some eye candy for the masses however the Vatican and peace are not exactly synonyms never have been truth be told.

If this Pope really seeks peace on Earth the solution to a large part of our problems is simple, open your coffers and end world debt. After all actions speak louder than words!

edit on 27-7-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A Catholic telling Jews and Muslims to stop hurting each other. Priceless.

I might have a little more respect if the Pope repealed the Papal Bulls that declared that “the Catholic faith and the Christian religion be exalted and be everywhere increased and spread" and that "barbarous nations be overthrown and brought to the faith itself.”

www.gilderlehrman.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I'm not a Catholic but I am coming to respect this guy.
If not his station.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Nothing is ever that easy.
Ever.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

To who are you referring to ?

Who else? The bankers that gives money to the nations that are at war. The people that make the weapons That are used in the wars. The people who sell weapons on the blackmarket to nations that have blockades on them. Many people make a lot of money from war that is why it is so popular.

I see you left out Israel who keeps begging America for more and more money for their war machine they just asked America for another 200 plus million for "missing parts" for the Iron Dome. Maybe they should look on the blackmarket for them after all that's where the missiles ended up that we gave to them for their "defense".

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

And before that?
What was the excuse then?
The simple fact is, war is in our nature.
And until we face that fact and realise that it never truly fixes anything.
We will be continually at war.

It would go a long way to stopping the madness if people would stop robbing each other of their humanity though.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Nothing worth having is ever easy!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join