It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible: Prophesy or Mission Statement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think that most awake, aware, and active people by now understand that there are forces at work to affect our environment, our social structure, and our economics. I for one, think it's clear that there have been plans in the works since at least the 1950's, maybe longer.

But how far does it go back?

When comparing vague and general bible prophecy (of bad stuff) to what is happening lately, and observing that such things are happening with specific intent behind them, would it not be reasonable to consider the possibility that those things described in bible prophesy about the end days could be contrived?

The oceans haven't turned red, but who knows what in the bible prophecy is allegorical/metaphorical, and what is literal. There are quite a few events which have happened that seem literal when compared to the prophecies, in my opinion. Of course, those things that seem suspect when compared to the bible are also things that have been happening on smaller scales for thousands of years.

edit on 777 by Mon1k3r because: forgot how make right sentence

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Mon1k3r

An excellent interview with Mr Norman Dodd (RIP) concerning the 1953 investigation in Tax Exempt Companys tells that US was fighting a loosing battle against fascism at that stage (video link below). The implementation of Federal Bank in 1913, probably marking the beginning of the rot.

Belief in revelation is really a personally decision. You need to trust both your logic and heart in that matter. But its important that you don't let fear run your life, come what may.

edit on 27 7 2014 by glend because: spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I would say that at what point does it matter? If you are a believing Christian and the prophecy of one world government and religion comes to pass through the agency of a wide-spread human conspiracy trying to use prophecy to their own ends, it's going to be apocalyptically bad for you either way. You're on the chopping block and they want no part of you.

So, you can either believe that God has had it in the works to allow this outcome or that people believe they are running the playbook and God has nothing to with it, but in the end, the results are the same - if you're Christian, you are hunted and killed and dead.

I would also add that down this line of reasoning lies the rationalization that if you can convince yourself that God has nothing to do with it, then you can tamely go along with any NWO and be a safe little sheep because there will be no risk to you spiritually for having done so. You're trying to reason an "out."

Even if there is no agency of God behind it, what's wrong is wrong.
edit on 27-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

" if you're Christian, you are hunted and killed and dead." ouch, I just converted, I am Hindu!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Well, if you're any religion that doesn't or won't conform to the one world religion. So, just being Hindu won't necessarily save you either. In order to do what they will be attempting, they need all power invested in the state and the state will need to either be on the level of god or be god in the minds of the people. So, if you won't conform to that ... it will be pretty poor fun for you. So ask yourself what your Hindu beliefs will think of something like that.

edit on 27-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I would also add that down this line of reasoning lies the rationalization that if you can convince yourself that God has nothing to do with it, then you can tamely go along with any NWO and be a safe little sheep because there will be no risk to you spiritually for having done so. You're trying to reason an "out."

My line of reasoning extends not from faith in God or lack thereof, but more from the idea that the Bible itself has been corrupted and changed by men. Also along those lines, I believe that our historical timeline may have been altered at some point, and that if that were true, then Mayan calendar 'prophecy' could still be 30-40 years out, if it were true.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I have my sword I am ready for them! Gospel of Thomas explains what evil is, without it, humanity would sleep through life, so it has purpose. I'm guessing new world religion will be Egyptian, ISIS army fighting to recreate ISIS.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mon1k3r

originally posted by: ketsuko

My line of reasoning extends not from faith in God or lack thereof, but more from the idea that the Bible itself has been corrupted and changed by men. Also along those lines, I believe that our historical timeline may have been altered at some point, and that if that were true, then Mayan calendar 'prophecy' could still be 30-40 years out, if it were true.

There are a lot of things no one really knows, but the state of society does indicate that things are reaching a boiling point all over.

Personally, I've always had the feeling that I am destined to live in interesting times. Take that how you will.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I really like your title, I think it's very apropos. I found a blogger that writes about weighty issues putting them in historal context like I've never seen.

I started a thread www.abovetopsecret.com... about one of his posts about the merger of Hard-Right Christianity, Business, & Government and their mission statement/prophecy. It's scary stuff and I'm just reading through it. But it's very interesting.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Mon1k3r

your statement:

...The oceans haven't turned red, but who knows what in the bible prophecy is allegorical/metaphorical, and what is literal...

read the latest prognosis about the Pacific Ocean as a result of Fukushima, (the radioactive contamination IS 'Wormwood' or at least the modern-day-version of a cosmic 'light' that fell on the waters referred to in Prophecy)
~The actual killing of all sea-life in the Pacific won't be realized for a few/several more years~
We are presently witnessing the precursor time (before the great tribulation when the Ocean/Wormwood final status is achieved)

It is no accident...nor is it some supernatural unfoldings~~~~

there are many NGOs, cells, groups, dedicated fatalists--- intent on making Biblical , and other religious Prophecies happen...

the ISIS is one example where all the Jihadists are joining this rag-tag Caliphate so that the Caliph can rise as the person to create the Chaos necessary for the "Mahdi or 12 Imam" to arrive/ become visible/ prepare the Earth for Judgement=Redemption by Islam

the USA is desperately being ruined into a 3rd world status so that the Nuclear Option is all that remains

there are layers of participants, with their individual agendas, working to Take Their Place in collapsing the world syatem while thinking they will not be adversely affected

there are dozens of agendas at play to create this Eschatological Entropy

I just hope my demise will be peaceful one...because there's no getting out of the soon coming 3.5 year Tribulation
and the even worse 3.5 year Great Tribulation with the supernatural plagues/judgements that make the 'Wormwood' falling upon the Waters seem a restful, unhurried diversion

peace amidst the catastrophies

edit on th31140648718827532014 by St Udio because: unhurried

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

err. my bad
DP

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The book or revelations was almost not even included in the New Testament.

www.christian-community.org...

answers.yahoo.com...

And many of the books of the Bible weren't inclued in the New Testament...the apocrypha

christianity.about.com...

The apocrypha weren't deemed inspired by God.

Men deciding what is inspired by GOD calls into question the whole Bible both the old and new testaments.
Or is it a tool of political and cultural manipulation written by priests who had a vested interest in what the rabble believed.
Fear based control works very well even in today's sophisticated world, eh?
edit on 27-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

if you're Christian, you are hunted and killed and dead.

Your being very alarmist. Honestly doubt its as black and white as that! When you say christians. You should be more specific there are so many different varieties.
I dont think most of those into the prosperity based megachurches are going to be bothered at all i pretty much see them as falling in with the status quo/the world.
So they are zero threat to a force based on mammon they are actually doing the work for it. Nor do i think most catholics are a threat since most just born catholics or go to their schools most not practicing or pious about anything infact its all politics to them and networking. Probably the best followers of christ those that dont even go to church,existential faith!.

edit on 28-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Richard Evan's insightful article on Pope Francis' flirtation with sleazy televangelists accurately portrays the players for what they are. People need to hear the truth. Unfortunately there are too few people who care enough for their fellow man to stand up, stick their neck out and speak the truth to anything which involves that Goliath of the Vatican. I realize that on the surface this move of ecumenicalism appears Godly and wholesome. It's designed that way. However, those who know and serve "The Plan", know the endgame of this seemingly good promotion of global peace. The religious unity which the Pope has been promoting is in complete agreement and alignment with "The Plan" for globalization known as the NWO. With 100% surety I can state that the Pope is following "The Plan" to install the anti-Christ into global rule. In my July 6th blog article, "Will There Be A Global "Sunday Law"?, I detailed how the plan for globalism operates to achieve the goals which were mapped out many years ago. Much of this step by step plan was explained to me in 1957. I have witnessed this plan unfold as I was told it would. - See more

Televangelist's "Death" Gives Pope Credibility

edit on 29-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mon1k3r
I think that most awake, aware, and active people by now understand that there are forces at work to affect our environment, our social structure, and our economics. I for one, think it's clear that there have been plans in the works since at least the 1950's, maybe longer.

But how far does it go back?

When comparing vague and general bible prophecy (of bad stuff) to what is happening lately, and observing that such things are happening with specific intent behind them, would it not be reasonable to consider the possibility that those things described in bible prophesy about the end days could be contrived?

The oceans haven't turned red, but who knows what in the bible prophecy is allegorical/metaphorical, and what is literal. There are quite a few events which have happened that seem literal when compared to the prophecies, in my opinion. Of course, those things that seem suspect when compared to the bible are also things that have been happening on smaller scales for thousands of years.

Bible prophecy is not vague. Often it is extremely specific. Watch The Daniel Project on Netflix or Youtube.

Often, the prophecies are of things that require humans to have intent. Such as reforming Israel after thousands of years of persecution of Jews in all corners of the planet, or the coming one world system (which many would argue is already here). Others not so much...like Israel having an abundance of produce to export after thousands of years of being a desert.

Then there was the Genesis prophecy about Jesus showing up and defeating Satan. A lot of stuff in the Bible.

You are right a lot is allegorical. A lot is mistranslated too; even to this day there is not a fully accurate translation. Especially of the OT.

top topics

join