It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful message on Gaza by the MSM !!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

Conz1992

I strongly suggest that you do look into that history.

Tell me - for the jews that were liberated from concentration camps, upon their return to Germany, Poland, France, Italy, etc etc. Was their property returned to them? Were they welcomed in their former communities (where indeed, it was likely their neighbour that turned them in?)

If you were jewish - where would you have gone?

Mind you - I am not taking a stand here and saying that the jews had a right to take palistinan land without compensation - I am simply saying that they are human. They were wounded, sick, starved, worked to death and most lost their families. They needed a place to crawl into and lick their wounds and by tradition, this was their ancestral home.

And they were prepared to make a last stand as to their right to exist!

If the arab world (or anyone) had simply absorbed 1.23 million people - and leave the jews in peace. But THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

We all share the guilt. The jews would never have gone to palistine if there had been anywhere in the world where they felt secure. And we should never have allowed the arab world to isolate the palistinians in refugee camps on the Isreal border.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
The Iron Dome does not negate the Israeli government's responsibility to respond to incessant missile attacks on their civilian population.

As for the tragic loss of civilian life in Gaza during this conflict, many of those deaths could have been avoided if Hamas accepted one of the many sustainable cease fire proposals put forth by Egypt last week, and didn't use deplorable tactics that intentionally put civilians in danger.

There is room with 20 civilians 10 of them children. In the middle is a terrorist with a rocket launcher. You have the ability to blow up the building with everyone in it. You also have the ability to warn your citizens if the rocket is fired with enough time for them to get to safety. What do you do?

A. Blow them all up using the excuse you just gave.
B. Accept that is is immoral to kill them when you have the ability to protect yourself against that missile.

Good question.

I truly wonder how other "civilized" countries would deal with a similar threat. I guess we'll never know unless another first world country with a capable military besides Israel is attacked by a barrage of thousands of missiles targeting civilians from an elected terrorist regime embedded in a neighboring region.

If it was happening in my country, I know I would demand that the government take all the necessary measures to ensure the safety of my family, friends, and fellow citizens.
edit on 27-7-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

Ah thank you, I'll have a read through

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Please name one government anywhere in the world, at any time in history, when there wasn't some part of the population that was protesting some thing or other about it.

Is being jewish a religion? Really! Then why were jews who had converted to christianity (some generations ago) flung into concentration camps along with jews who had not converted?

Is being jewish a race? Really - show me the difference between a jew and an arab?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Good question.

I truly wonder how other "civilized" countries would deal with a similar threat. I guess we'll never know unless another first world country with a capable military besides Israel is attacked by a barrage of thousands of missiles targeting civilians from an elected terrorist regime embedded in a neighboring region.

If it was happening in my country, I know I would demand that the government take all the necessary measures to ensure the safety of my family, friends, and fellow citizens.

Even if they were firing from your backyard where your children play?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: conz1992
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

Ah thank you, I'll have a read through

My pleasure.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

If my 12 and 10 year old Daughters looked like that innocent Girl in the Video, I wouldn't accept a ceasefire either.. I would be looking for as many weapons as I could to punish the SOB's that done that to my children. They could propose 20 ceasefires, guess what? I would tell them to get F**ded.

Which, of course, will result in an attack on the area in which the missle came from.. and BAM!
Someone elses daughters/sons, will be killed along with yourself for doing that.

VEry selfish tough guy.
edit on 27-7-2014 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

If a neighbouring state were firing rockets into my country - I would not be sending my children to play in the backyards of the neighbouring state!

Tired of Control freaks

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I was a fool entering this "discussion" in the first place. You learn in life that, there are no bigger ignorant society and people than "democratic" west. You might think you are denying ignorance, but, boy, you have no idea how mistaken you are.

And if you were to actually take the time to learn a little history you would know that Israel was the one who started all of this and that you are mistaken.
edit on 27-7-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Yeah man I'm going to read into it tonight, I knew that the Jews were given land in that area to be safe from more oppression and violence etc. I can see how that would have been horrific, but I just don't see the justification in using high-grade missiles, air strikes, white phosphorus AND feet on the ground against....Well, other innocent people who are probably just as scared or feel just as victimised as the Jews were..

I know there's no such thing as a fair war but this isn't even a war, it's a massacre

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It definately is a massacre. But to be honest, I don't see it as any worse than what has happened to the palastinians in the last 60 years or so. Imagine living your life in a concentration camp!

I see the side of the Palistinans. I really do! But the truth is that the jews are implacable in their determination to exist as a jewish state. The palitinanians are just as implacable in wanting to get their land back.

There are no easy solutions here and I see this continuing until one side or the other is dead!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Hamas instigated this conflict, as usual.

Furthermore, to draw an analogy...If my neighbor was shooting at my family and hiding behind his while doing so, I would still do whatever was necessary to protect my wife and children, and so would anybody else in the same situation.

Why did you bring your wife and kids to someone else's house and tell them to get comfortable? Oh and that neighbor you are complaining about living in the cardboard box outside your fence? Your living in his house. He wants it back.

Is that so?

When you are willing to go back to whatever country your original immigrant ancestors came from and give your property back to the native aboriginals of Canada, then you can claim the moral high ground.

Until then, you have no right to suggest that the people of Israel should leave their country.

The hypocrisy of some people on this site is astounding.

We pay their education. Ask their permission for activity on THEIR land. We pay them handsomely for the resources we take from their land. Most importantly we apologized for oir barbaric actions and give them our empathy which is something we all know Israel is not capable of.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

OH WOW - you are really kidding yourself and living in la la land. Go visit an indian reserve sometime.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

OH WOW - you are really kidding yourself and living in la la land. Go visit an indian reserve sometime.

Tired of Control Freaks

Grew up in one, and I know many of them. The help we give them might not be what is best for them in the long run but you cant accuse the Canadian government of doing nothing. You cannot make everyone happy bit for the most part there is no grudge between first nations and the rest of Canada.

It would be best for first nations to make their own way in the long run, giving them everything is not helping but we are not going to cut them off. I met a few Natives that work hard and want nothing for free but when you are young and your cheif says "stay here" and pay them 50k a year it is a tough decision to make. Suicide is tje biggest problem natives face. Reserves are depressing places because there is not strive for life. Too much is given to them while we search for new ways to say we are sorry.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
News about this is getting old...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I am Canadian as well. We took native children away from their parents and allowed them to be abused and killed on residential schools. AND YOU THINK ITS ALL OKAY NOW AND THE INDIANS DON'T HOLD A GRUDGE??????

wow oh wow oh wow oh wow!!!!!!!

Just because natives don't have the power to fight back - does not mean that they like it!

So in your head, as long as the isreali's issue a public apology to the palistians - its all good??? Everyone will immediately lay down their weopons and hold feasts together so that hey can hug each other????

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Yeah that's all and well, but why is there a separation of orthodox Jews and the Jews in Israel? Unless they follow Haredi Judaism? It's just a stricter branch of orthodox Jews..Honestly though, we can only really speculate on what's happening anyway... We all know there's been government back handers and dark sh*t..and chances are we won't be told the truth

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Orthodox jews are a sect of judaism in the same way that there are protestants, lutherans, episcapalians, roman catholics in the christian religion.

For othodox jews, they believe that the men must be reserved for religious study and they expect the state to support them. Other jews disagree and want them to work like everyone else.

Tired of Control Freaks

link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
It definately is a massacre. But to be honest, I don't see it as any worse than what has happened to the palastinians in the last 60 years or so.

Sorry this is a bit off topic but I was curious anyway, look how many involve the IDF (Since 1948) - I don't even want to tot up the numbers, but it's going to be a disgusting amount - Just like the civilian deaths of the war on terror..

en.wikipedia.org...

edit: messed up, sorry for that V

edit on 27/7/2014 by conz1992 because: v

link   

edit on 27/7/2014 by conz1992 because: v

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join