It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful message on Gaza by the MSM !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

originally posted by: conz1992
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

In that respect, when will the bloodshed ever end? If you can't even get justice of what horrible things have happened to your people and homeland then where can you draw the line? Israel should just evaporate Gaza and the West bank? I understand the importance of 'eliminating hamas' but I think they're going about it the wrong way, well clearly, otherwise 2 countries wouldn't have pulled out of trade with them, there wouldn't be hundreds of thousands of people protesting against the genocide that's clearly happening. Oh, and is your username ironic? You view is clearly not 'humanity forever'

You do realize that Israel has been under constant attack right? Is it Israel's fault that Hamas is hiding behind their civilian population?

The Israeli government's responsibility is to protect their own civilians first and foremost, as it should be.

Wow that is a solid point. Did you come up with that all on your own?

Poly want a cracker?

In the absence of a valid rebuttal, you resort to this nonsense. Not surprising.

The mods created a thread recently to eliminate this type of behavior on ATS. You should read it.

If you can't engage in civil dialogue, don't respond to my posts.

edit on 27-7-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

a reply to: conz1992

Hamas instigated this conflict, as usual.

Furthermore, to draw an analogy...If my neighbor was shooting at my family and hiding behind his while doing so, I would still do whatever was necessary to protect my wife and children, and so would anybody else in the same situation.

Hamas is a 'resistance force', they don't attack unless they're attacked or threatened. What about the 6 palastinian kids (ages 7-19) that was killed in the first 5 months of this year? Did you hear about it? Probably not...Those 3 Israeli teens you heard about though right? Yeah.

Your analogy in invalid because you missed out the part where you claimed your neighbours garden as yours and every so often pick off one of their kids....

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Furthermore, to draw an analogy...If my neighbor was shooting at my family and hiding behind his while doing so, I would still do whatever was necessary to protect my wife and children, and so would anybody else in the same situation.

Why did you bring your wife and kids to someone else's house and tell them to get comfortable? Oh and that neighbor you are complaining about living in the cardboard box outside your fence? Your living in his house. He wants it back.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The land wasn't stolen, it was granted legally by the UN in 1948, and the Palestinians, who didn't have a sovereign state ( and never did) rejected a two state proposal at that point in time, and ever since.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

The Iron Dome does not negate the Israeli government's responsibility to respond to incessant missile attacks on their civilian population.

As for the tragic loss of civilian life in Gaza during this conflict, many of those deaths could have been avoided if Hamas accepted one of the many sustainable cease fire proposals put forth by Egypt last week, and didn't use deplorable tactics that intentionally put civilians in danger.

If my 12 and 10 year old Daughters looked like that innocent Girl in the Video, I wouldn't accept a ceasefire either.. I would be looking for as many weapons as I could to punish the SOB's that done that to my children. They could propose 20 ceasefires, guess what? I would tell them to get F**ded.

Exactly. It seems nobody look at it from this point of view. All the children that have lost parents or entire families, all the fathers and mothers with dead and injured children...of course they want revenge. From what I understand Gaza is a densely populated area, so where they fire from makes no difference. Israel or anybody can claim the rockets are coming from civilian areas...because that is all there is.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The land wasn't stolen, it was granted legally by the UN in 1948, and the Palestinians, who didn't have a sovereign state ( and never did) rejected a two state proposal at that point in time, and ever since.

Is this the 1948 agreement you are referring too? I'm unsure of what you mean
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Also, didn't Jews and muslims live togehter for years and years...in peace?. It was over when the state of Israel was created. The orthordox jews are against zionism. The bible supposedly says they can both live in the 'Holy land' but one cannot rule it...and that's pretty much what is happening lol

Orthordox Jews are against the war in Gaza, for the simple fact Israel doesn't represent Judaism anymore, learn some history. Real Jews reject to fight in the army, they are arrested and put in prison...I'm hoping that one day it'll return to the peaceful land, where, you know, it doesn't matter what religion you have been made to follow or what's happened in the past...slim chance though
edit on 27/7/2014 by conz1992 because: d

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The Iron Dome does not negate the Israeli government's responsibility to respond to incessant missile attacks on their civilian population.

As for the tragic loss of civilian life in Gaza during this conflict, many of those deaths could have been avoided if Hamas accepted one of the many sustainable cease fire proposals put forth by Egypt last week, and didn't use deplorable tactics that intentionally put civilians in danger.

Even if I saw this like you see it, wouldn't that, at the very least, place Hamas as an enemy who is holding the civilians of Gaza hostage? In a hostage situation, do you indiscriminately bomb and throw lead down at buildings and center where you know the hostages live, shop, and play?

There is no excuse for this. Collateral damage happens in every war but this is preventable. Completely.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The more people who see this the better.

I'm with the OP, never thought much of Snow, always seemed insincere but this video made me think of him in a different light.

I'm pretty much uninterested in the politics of it to be honest...kids are dying, it should be a no-brainer, don't care if it sounds naive.

The whole situation is ridiculous - we all might aswell commit suicide and do the world a favour. Kids shouldn't have to worry about being bombed no matter where they hail from...in fact the majority of adults shouldn't have to worry about it either...it makes me numb to my stomach that people even try to validate this crap in any way...on both sides.

The ultimate truth is...it's a small minorty who want conflict, most people, given the chance, would happily co-exist on a planet that's more than big enough for everyone...but there's the small few.

There's always a small few...you go to a soccer match there's a few hooligans who cause trouble, kids get caught in it, cut heads, bricks, bottles...outrage. Yet this...can be justified? And is, on some level...acceptable, just an unfortunate consequence of something that is, in the end...meaningless - we're all nature's children and all that.

Disgusting, the lot of it. People ought to stop arguing about who's at fault and focus more on what the solutions are, if any...if not - then what are we waiting for, cyanide capsules all round, be the most noble thing man could do right now if we're incapable of living in peace and letting kids be kids.

Anyway, starred and flagged...good share OP, the more people who see this the better. Props to Snow for proving me wrong, I head pain in his voice in this video.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I am going to stick my neck out and I am sure it will result in my head being chopped off - but here goes.

In all of known history - jews have been killed, had their property stolen and were generally vilified in every single country where they have tried to settle. however, in every country, around the world where jews have settled, country and the population have generally profited by the presence of educated jews.

If anyone can - please name a country were jews are welcomed!

Hitler was the last straw but we must remember the voyage of the St. Louis, where less than 1,000 jews could not find any country to accept them as they tried to leave germany.

So lets be clear here. In this world, the jews have no place to stand! They tried to live peaceably in many many countries and ended up being victimized.

Now pretend for just 5 seconds that you are a jew. Would a jewish state not be the only answer, short of suicide to your predicament?

Now palistine was a small peace of scrub dessert that no one gave a damn about until the jews made it their state and defended that right of that state to exist against the entire arab world.

There were only about 1.25 palistinians in existance at that time. The arab world could have taken in their brothers and sisters but refused to do. They saw palistinians as a knife in the side of the jews and didn't want to do anything to recognise the right of a jewish state to exist.

So tell me - how do you solve this conondrum? Do you deny the right of jews to exist? FAT CHANCE!!! you are dealing with desparate people fighting for their survival. OR do you as a global community - accept palistinans as refugee. And how many has your country accepted?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: conz1992

Is this the 1948 agreement you are referring too? I'm unsure of what you mean
en.wikipedia.org...

No, I was referring to this...

UN Partition Plan

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

There is room with 20 civilians 10 of them children. In the middle is a terrorist with a rocket launcher. You have the ability to blow up the building with everyone in it. You also have the ability to warn your citizens if the rocket is fired with enough time for them to get to safety. What do you do?

A. Blow them all up using the excuse you just gave.
B. Accept that is is immoral to kill them when you have the ability to protect yourself against that missile.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

C. Teach the civilians to whip that terrorist ass for hiding among them.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Why did you bring your wife and kids to someone else's house and tell them to get comfortable? Oh and that neighbor you are complaining about living in the cardboard box outside your fence? Your living in his house. He wants it back.

Is that so?

When you are willing to go back to whatever country your original immigrant ancestors came from and give your property back to the native aboriginals of Canada, then you can claim the moral high ground.

Until then, you have no right to suggest that the people of Israel should leave their country.

The hypocrisy of some people on this site is astounding.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

That's fine, just don't whine to the media when the body count continues to pile up.

I don't have to whine to anyone, Israel will get their serving eventually.
edit on 27-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Pro-Israel lobby at Vancouver art gallery.

I counted 5 heads.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I hear you, bro...you made some valid points.

Something to think about. Personally, I don't dislike Jews at all, in fact I don't know any...if I do then they ain't told me they're jews. I live in the UK, Scotland to be precise.

Jew hating isn't really a common thing here, not that I've noticed. Can't speak for elsewhere.

I don't care who people are or where they're from...I think the problem, the real problem with humanity is the need to categorise ourselves...they're the muslims, they're the jews, we're this, they're that...we're all people.

I see growing resentment towards muslims here in the UK, particularly over the last few years. It's not the people themselves that are the problem, it's this mentality...we're this and you're that.

They don't integrate...they categorise themselves...they form their own communities and hide behind a culture...maybe if israelis and palastinians could let go of that crap and actually integrate. We seperate ourselves from one another, this sense of identity that's abstract and man made...we're all earthlings in the end.

I don't get it. I despair...even we scots - so upptiy and concerned for our national identity westminster keeping us down, etc...so downtrodden by the english for centuries, poor us.

We're pathetic.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

you are clearly applying a concept of morality in war that has never applied in any other conflict around the world!

Were the british colonists fighting with rifles against indians with bow and arrows ever bothered by such moral questions?

Were the americans fighting in afganistans and iraq ever held to such high standards?

Please give one example any where in history - anywhere in the world - where a superior fighting force held back their fire on a sniper or rocket launcher held back their fire because they didn't want to hurt civilians?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I see your point, and to be quite honest I haven't really looked into the history of occupation of Palastine/Israel...whatever you want to call that land mass inbetween Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria. What I do know is that land was to be lived in by all? Like I mentioned in an above post, Jews and muslims lived in that area. Again, I haven't looked up on the Jews you claim that couldn't seek refuge, but the way I see it a lot has changed since then, why is it Orthordox Jews are speaking out against the Israeli government, and saying that the regime in power are Zionists and use Judaism to cover their work - this is my source:
www.facebook.com...

World is messed up, that's all I can say really. Until the world leaders/psychopaths realise that if countries work together instead of against eachother, it'll produce leaps and bounds in technology, science, just progression...isn't that what we ultimately want as a species?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

That's fine, just don't whine to the media when the body count continues to pile up.

I don't have to whine to anyone, Israel will get their serving eventually.

I'm sure you would love that, but don't hold your breath.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join