It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P M alerts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Dear ATS

before the site update (which I like btw) there was a great little feature on the bottom of the page to alert you to a private message in your inbox.
That was really handy and I miss it. So handy if time is limited, you knew immediately there was a message waiting.

Any chance of re-introducing it?

Pretty please?
Slides envelope casually across table.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh
In the second row of icons at the top of the page, the envelope-shaped icon goes white if you get a PM.
I agree, it doesn't really grab your attention, nor is the feature very well advertised.
Nobody will notice it if they haven't been warned to look out for it.

edit on 27-7-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Miss the little yellow message indicator, too.

That little clear envelope Icon (upper right screen) turns white when you have a PM.

ETA: I see Disraeli covered that.

Further:

Once I trained myself to look at it, I notice the envelope. Maybe it should flash? Maybe flash two tone if a reply in a thread is also waiting? Would make conversation that much easier, imo.

edit on 27-7-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Hi HumansEh,

I just sent you a PM. You will notice that your envelope for private messages ( on the second top header ) has turned white.

I like this system better but it's pretty much the same as getting a message saying you got a message. Just need to look at the envelope once in a while..

Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Aboutface enters the room and begins vacuuming the site again. She approaches the table and while asking you to lift your feet and you comply, slides the envelope in a smooth move towards her pocket, all the while encouraging you in your quest to beg and plead for restoration of an old appreciated site feature, however knowing all the while the white envelope feature is easy to find.

edit on 27-7-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thanks so much everyone!
I never noticed it before.
True, it doesn't grab your attention, but like most things once you are made aware.

I thought it changed colour to indicate that orcs were coming!

Thanks all, I appreciate your patience and help.

(post by Amaral1er removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Aboutface enters the room and begins vacuuming the site again. She approaches the table and while asking you to lift your feet and you comply, slides the envelope in a smooth move towards her pocket, all the while encouraging you in your quest to beg and plead for restoration of an old appreciated site feature, however knowing all the while the white envelope feature is easy to find.

Humanseh, stands up and marvels at cleanliness of freshly vacuumed site. Puts on hat (tinfoil) and exits the room, silently wondering what happened to his empty envelope that was on the table.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

is that how its done? I want to message a member and I cant post what do I do!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rmc888
You need to make twenty posts (in reply to other people's threads) before you can do a number of things, including start your own threads and send personal messages.

edit on 27-7-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rmc888
a reply to: intrptr

is that how its done? I want to message a member and I cant post what do I do!!!

Like Disraeli said you will need 20 posts to send a private message (PM) to other members. its this "safeguard" they have in place to help prevent spam.

I see you are new here so I am linking you to another thread where a moderator has laid out the guidelines. Hope that helps.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join