It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Your Pineal Gland With This Common Household Product!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
Old soles does not mean old souls

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
There is a fair amount of skcepticism regarding the pineal glad. Scientist once firmly believed that the tonsils and appendix had absolutely no function.
Perhaps science should give more credence to ancient knowledge and medicine.

Absolutely, Nugget. Great point!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: sled735

Looks like someone grasping at another straw to convince themselves and others they have special powers, after all your first ext text re iodine is from a hocus pocus site.

How about someone really giving proof of what they claim just for a change

Hocus Pocus? Just type in "Iodine" to any search engine. Here, I'll do one for you, since you seem incapable...

www.westonaprice.org...

Iodine is critical to human health. It forms the basis of thyroid hormones and plays many other roles in human biochemistry. While the thyroid gland contains the body’s highest concentration of iodine, the salivary glands, brain, cerebrospinal fluid, gastric mucosea, breasts, ovaries and a part of the eye also concentrate iodine. In the brain, iodine is found in the choroid plexus, the area on the ventricles of the brain where cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is produced, and in the substantia nigra, an area associated with Parkinson’s disease.

Iodine is essential to normal growth and development. Iodine deficiency in utero and during growth can result in cretinism, a condition of severely stunted physical and mental growth due to prolonged nutritional deficiency of iodine or from untreated congenital deficiency of thyroid hormones (hypothyroidism). The condition is characterized by short stature, delayed bone maturation and puberty, infertility, neurological impairment and cognitive impairment ranging from mild to severe. Iodine deficiency also causes goiter, the gradual enlargement of the thyroid gland. Both conditions have led to public health campaigns of iodine administration in many countries. The addition of iodine compounds to table salt or water represents the first attempt to provide nutrient supplementation via “fortification” of common foods.

This is a PDF, and has more information, if anyone would like to print it out.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

FYI

Iodine Content of Some Common Foods

The best natural occurring source of iodine is saltwater seafood. Freshwater seafood also contains iodine.
Iodine is added to all table salt in Canada. 1 teaspoon of table salt contains 380 mcg of iodine.
Kosher, pickling and sea salt are a source of natural iodine but do not contain as much as iodized table salt.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Topical iodine is not meant for absorbing iodine. Its for wounds. Iodine in high levels is toxic and dangerous. Putting it on your body youre not even measuring the dosage.also if you read into it more the skin test you talk of isnt really reliable because of atmospheric influence among other things. If you want iodine get it from red algae i read somewhere since other things like kelp have other toxic substances in them
a reply to: ArtemisE The pineal gland is a primitive eye. So it actually is a third eye.

Descriptions of the pineal gland date back to antiquity, but its functions in humans are still poorly understood. In both diurnal and nocturnal vertebrates, its main product, the hormone melatonin, is synthesized and released in rhythmic fashion, during the dark portion of the day-night cycle. Melatonin production is controlled by an endogenous circadian timing system and is also suppressed by light. In lower vertebrates, the pineal gland is photosensitive, and is the site of a self-sustaining circadian clock. In mammals, including humans, the gland has lost direct photosensitivity, but responds to light via a multisynaptic pathway that includes a subset of retinal ganglion cells containing the newly discovered photopigment, melanopsin.

Although humans are not considered photoperiodic, the occurrence of seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and its successful treatment with light suggest that they have retained some photoperiodic responsiveness

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The retina and the pineal gland are the organs primarily responsible for the body's recognition and sophisticated processing of external light. Until recently these two organs in mammals seemed to have little else in common and were consequently studied by separate groups of scientists. But a new alliance of researchers is now exploring striking similarities that are speeding research efforts in both fields. Their findings suggest that the pineal gland was the evolutionary precursor to the modern eye.

www.thefreelibrary.com...(third)+eye%3B+scientists+are+taking+advantage+of+unexpected...-a04016492

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Excellent thread. I think we should get a number of people from here to do it and report back. This seems to be pretty simple to do. I hope to pick some up and try it out. I would like to report back after a week of trying this.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
maca is a good source of Iodine

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
himilayan and Celtic gray sea salts supposedly have naturally occurring iodine in it...along with like 80 minerals,this is the only salt I use,I don't touch refined salt.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh another thing I might mention is that the Indian spice turmeric helps to decalcify the pineal gland of flouride,and I had stumbled across some article a few days ago that said how flouride was poisoning our pineal glands,thus preventing developing of psychic abilities.I found that interesting.I have turmeric powder and I use it now and then in some hot tea,maybe I should start using it daily!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Unrelated to the pineal gland but I have to have my 3rd abdominal CT scan in 18 months on Wednesday and have been kind of freaking over all this radiation i would be exposed too, cant seem to find much info online but my surgeon says its totally fine and safe too have this many i have also had others in the past about 4-5 when i was a child (23 now) and had internal injuries from a car accident, so im thinking i might give this a go i saw radiation protection on the list and if its something that will help prevent any nasty repercussions from the CT's later in life then its worth a try? Only thing im worried about is dosage..
edit on 27-7-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I have a small bottle of iodine in the medicine cabinet and also a bigger bottle for major cuts. Iodine is one of the best disinfectants and also the iodine stimulates repair of the injury. Antibiotic creams actually slow repair but they leave less scar tissue because repair is slower. The thing is, the longer the cut is open, the more chance of contamination.

Everyone should go out and buy a bottle for their medicine cabinet. Mercurochrome is also great for certain things, I am not afraid of that at all. The big problem with mercurochrome was that many companies were making it and they weren't doing it right, jumping on the bandwagon to get rich, so the government banned the manufacture of it except for one company. It is tightly regulated but it is a very good tool in your medicine cabinet. I need to buy another bottle of this, it got all used up when I had problems with extractions of teeth. Nothing else seemed to heal my gums. When I used this, they healed within a few days.
uhmmm no

Povidone-iodine solutions are widely used and highly effective antiseptics. Although commonly used at full strength, this concentration appears to be toxic to the cells involved in wound healing. Few systematic studies of povidone-iodine toxicity have been reported. The effects of various dilutions of 10% povidone-iodine solution on the growth of human diploid fibroblasts were assessed using in vitro cell culture.

Fibroblast growth was progressively retarded at 0.01% and 0.025%, and totally inhibited by 0.1% and 1% povidone-iodine solutions. Partial recovery of cell growth after limited exposure of cultures to dilute solutions of povidone-iodine was noted.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Also Mercurochrome has mercury in it. Its outlawed in France and germany and its distribution is halted in the US by the FDA since its safety has not been tested well.
edit on 27-7-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Toxicity

Elemental iodine (I2) is toxic if taken orally. The lethal dose for an adult human is 30 mg/kg, which is about 2.1–2.4 grams (even if experiments on rats demonstrated that these animals could survive after eating a 14000 mg/kg dose). Excess iodine can be more cytotoxic in the presence of selenium deficiency.[59] Iodine supplementation in selenium-deficient populations is, in theory, problematic, partly for this reason.[39] Its toxicity derives from its oxidizing properties, which make it able to denaturate proteins (including enzymes).

Elemental iodine is also a skin irritant, and direct contact with skin can cause damage, so iodine crystals should be handled with care. Solutions with high elemental iodine concentration such as tincture of iodine and Lugol's solution are capable of causing tissue damage if their use for cleaning and antisepsis is prolonged; similarly, cases have been reported where liquid Povidone-iodine (Betadine) trapped against the skin resulted in chemical burns.[60]

Breast cancer. The breast strongly and actively concentrates iodine into breast-milk for the benefit of the developing infant, and may develop a goiter-like hyperplasia, sometimes manifesting as fibrocystic breast disease, when iodine levels are low.
Stomach cancer. Some researchers have found an epidemiologic correlation between iodine deficiency, iodine-deficient goitre and gastric cancer.[54][55][56] A decrease of the incidence of death rate from stomach cancer after implementation of the effective iodine-prophylaxis has been reported also.[57]
edit on 27-7-2014 by Gestas because: hah

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

The information on Iodine seems to be all over the board. Some articles say it is good and some bad. I do not understand how they can be so contradictory. Look at this one. link.springer.com... There are others that state iodine is no more invasive than any other antiseptic. Another one.. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

As far as Mercurachrome, this article explains some things about it. Now if you use it continuously, it may be as dangerous as tooth fillings. ispub.com...

edit on 28-7-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: Aural

The information on Iodine seems to be all over the board. Some articles say it is good and some bad. I do not understand how they can be so contradictory. Look at this one. link.springer.com... There are others that state iodine is no more invasive than any other antiseptic. Another one.. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It is good in some forms bad in other forms

Handle Iodine with care.

If used correctly it can be something great

If used incorrectly it can be lethal

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Hm that is strange. Perhaps it differs person to person but thats using sugar mixed with it. Sugar might feed benificial bacteria perhaps helping it not die. Just a guess. Or test errors on either outcomes.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
Hm that is strange. Perhaps it differs person to person but thats using sugar mixed with it. Sugar might feed benificial bacteria perhaps helping it not die. Just a guess. Or test errors on either outcomes.

I added a link about Mercurachrome to my last post. here it is, read the conclusions. ispub.com...

I'm not afraid of the Mercurachrome, as long as you use it occasionally. The results on healing were better with the mercurachrome. The pictures are a little gross though.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gestas

Even prolonged taking of Iodoral can cause problems for some people. Taking one of the tablets a day for five days is all right for most, then an occasional tablet now and then to supplement if you don't iodized salt. Eating a lot of food that blocks iodine absorption means you can get deficient, foods they sometimes say are good for us to consume regularly.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
methylcobalamin (methyl-B12) aplifies phase shifts in circadian rhythm in the pineal more it seems although i am not sure how this differs from ordinary B12 but i heard its better. Basically it reacts to light more and you can buy it apparently.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I replied before you posted that adon before. It seems a bit exsessive to use for normal cuts when its favoured for major burn victims.
edit on 28-7-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: Richardus

I agree with your reply Richardus. Thank you. But, having a healthy body, rid of toxins, does make one feel better. And if one feels better, it is much easier to fight off the negative influences attacking the spirit as well.

Thanks, and that's absolutely true.

I've been supplementing on Iodine for years now, through kelp tablets. Just to keep those metals away from my body in a healthy manner, so no too high doses. Let me see what I take daily...400 micrograms daily. Few times recommended daily use, well under high doses. It's enough if you eat a bit normal and organic as much as possible and your water is not extra fluorised.

For the pineal gland I'm more concerned about calcite depositing, so Activator X/K2 (with a bit K1) combined with good doses vit.D3 are way better to keep your pineal gland from calcifying more. I take about 200-300mcg K2 daily and 125mcg (5000IE) vit.D3 daily (mind I'm quite north on our planet, so D3 deficiency is normal here).

For spiritual development it's more important and beneficial to have a good lifestyle in respect to your behavior towards others and your overall mindset in life, than it is to activate some nerve cells by taking a daily handful of pills. Consistent daily meditation is more important too, hardly matters which technique you use. Do what interests you and feels best, chances are you'll flow in and out different techniques or maybe you'll dive deep into one way of focussing and stilling your mind.

Most important for spiritual growth: enjoy life, see its goodness and abundance, feel that and spread that. You'll become a beacon of Light. Some highly inspiring persons were physically far from healthy...it's the mindset and what you radiate into your existence that matters the most, that's what'll come back to you.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Great advice, I have nascent iodine , 600 drop bottle at about 250% and adults recommended daily allowance .

I take 3-4 drops every morning at the moment in a small glass of water on an empty stomach.

To be honest, I haven't noticed too much difference but I have other health concerns that may explain that.

If only for protection from Fukushima and other sources of radiation, take it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join