It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant about spitting.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No. You are trying to make an argument out of an anthill.

There is no need for argument here, I'm just stating fact and know exactly who is doing the spitting as I can see from my win dow.

Thankyou very much.
edit on CDTSun, 27 Jul 2014 10:13:19 -05000000003110x119x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

No argument here, just stating my opinion based on what you post. I guess i am just use to seeing every one spit not just a few groups that your felt the need to single out.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Yeah all that public spit is disgusting, but so is passing gas, picking noses, sneezing and coughing, animals peeing and crapping on lawns, bird droppings on people, cars and houses, flies landing on food after they've digested dog crap, discarded cigarette butts, trash on the streets, people double dipping their chips, sampling food in the kitchen with your fingers, handling food without washing hands, etc... You can't control what people do. How many times have you wondered how many people silently pass gas in retail and grocery stores as you unknowingly casually walk through its wake? More than I even want to contemplate! lol

After considering the above, spitting in public isn't really that bad, lol.

I would worry more about flies spitting rather than humans...

Flies lay their eggs on fruit, food, other animals and even rotting flesh.

Flies don’t have teeth. Instead, they have a long tongue called a proboscis, which sucks up food like a straw. Some flies drink nectar or blood. House flies like the food we eat. When a fly lands on your lunch, it vomits on the food. Acids in the vomit dissolve the food so the fly can suck it up. Disgusting!

Flies like to eat manure, which is animal poop, or old garbage. Some of the germs from these materials can stay on their feet or mouth parts. When a fly lands on your food, those germs get on your food. Super disgusting!
Flies carry disease. During the Spanish-American War, 5,000 soldiers died from typhoid, a disease spread by flies. Only 4,000 soldiers actually died in the war.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Spitting is a disgusting habit. If you do it, you are disgusting.

Baseball should clean up its act. I don't like to watch it anymore because of all the spitting and crotch grabbing.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Agree also can't stand the people that spit all over the side walks or their gum.
Can't stand the people letting their dogs crap all over the side walk.
I found its easier to walk in the street now along side the side walk.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ok this won't be popular.

I suffer from a disorder that makes me produce more than three times the mucus you do...I tried swallowing it, gave me permanent damage.

Imagine having to pull your car over to throw up large quantities of mucus, when a small throw of the occasional bit corrects the trouble? (Most of it still goes down...when yer full yer full.

The other not so obvious reason is to expel evil thoughts, like spitting out the curse so it does not poison the mind....you want them the swallow that down too?

I'm sorry but asking politely of folks why they do things may show you more of the world than asking them to act like you.

I could be the chameleon for you but it's bad business leading to the alter ego, I will simply ask you to consider others, walk some miles in shoes and realize if it brings you no physical or emotional harm it's something you can learn from or understand more.

Cheers, it'a longer road than you realize

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If I have flem in my throat and I am outside already Im spitting it in some grass or something. I do not care how anyone feels about it lol. Now im not opening my front door and spitting outside. That is stupid. Gasp sometimes I sneeze and dont get my hand up in time to cover.....Oh noesssss....Take me to jail please......

edit on 27-7-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: Sremmos80

No. You are trying to make an argument out of an anthill.

There is no need for argument here, I'm just stating fact and know exactly who is doing the spitting as I can see from my win dow.

Thankyou very much.

Maybe you can stop looking out your window so much. I have neighbors like that. Nobody likes them just like you dont like spitters.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Some people are just pigs.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Some people are just rude and get there pantys in a bunch very easily. Some people are just walking balls of anger.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

True that.

It's a shame when there are more roads available.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I prefer being rude to being a pig.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

I was simply making blanket statements about humanity without walking an inch in anyones shoes. Thats what I do when I take an irrational position based solely on anger. Let me go make a rant thread on it........

edit on 27-7-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

It's so disgusting! While in public, and often while outside out restaurants, a family member would blow his nose in a fashion he called a snot rocket. Hold one nostril close and shoot it out of the other nostril, like a rocket. It's was so embarrassing and so extremely rude and disgusting.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

hmm yes around my area they call it the Farmer blow
can't stand it. Would it be so hard to get a hankie?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yes. Thanks for replies. Some Humourous, some silly.

But yes, get a Hankerchief and if they need to flem up and spit, they can spit in the Hankie.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Not when people are about to eat... that's just nasty.

I'm tempted to go tell this Family that they are disgusting for doing such things but we live virtually on top of one another... things could get complicated.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I live in a town where this is common and I can't help but give them a vile look of disgust. My brother does it. He does it once per minute. I can't stand it. The buses here are even worse - how hard is it to cover your mouth when you have the flu!? Geez.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join