It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare TV interview with Admiral Richard E Byrd 'There is a secret land mass the size of the US'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I totally agree with you, maybe it's even on google earth.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
How is something he saw from the sky an inner Earth continent?

Because he's still in the sky. Just that the sky folds inward into the inner earth and an observer traveling either by land or by plane wouldn't know the difference due to the enormous horizon that is as big as our own earths curvature horizon as they travel inward.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Okay can someone please show where this land is supposed to be?

www.flickr.com...

Unless David Copperfield is down there hiding it there is no land mass the size of the US around Antarctica.

Except for Antarctica itself.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Because he's still in the sky. Just that the sky folds inward into the inner earth and an observer traveling either by land or by plane wouldn't know the difference due to the enormous horizon that is as big as our own earths curvature horizon as they travel inward.

I always thought he just saw this when he was flying...

You really couldn't miss this now could you.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Well that would be it but he would be much much lower in elevation.
He wouldn't be able to see across to the other side, the plane would fly down into the hole as the land curved down and he wouldn't know the difference.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: Mianeye

So he just throws away his credibility by talking about some secret landmass nobody has ever seen? Sounds like a strange move to make. Don't you think such a scam would be well known by now and people would be talking about all the money they got scammed out of by the notorious Admiral Byrd, the Bernie Madoff of the 1940s?

Spot on!

But to some on here, our predecessors were just inferior because in todays world people have the internet..
Most Astronauts who talk about UFO's = Nuts
Most creditable military witnesses = Nuts
Admirals of Navy Fleets = Nuts
E.T.C....E.T.C...

To ADD..

Smedley Butler Exposes Fascist Coup in America

Canadian Minster exposes Ufos Paul Hellyer

and who can Argue with ..........

Dwight Ike Eisenhower exposes the Military Complex in his farewell speech.

Top Officials with backgrounds to prove in the Notorious 2001 Disclosure Project..

or Top Militant Brass LT CO. Phillip J Corso .. that Rolle with the Big Ones MacArthur & Eisenhower and was on Board with the National Security Council for 4 years ( 53-57) of what he Said and Experienced , all to prove what he was were he has been ..

I Guess they are ALL Crazy Nut Cases with old age with nothing to Loose ... Towards the End..

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Another dimension or time perhaps?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

When I was a child I had one of those wooden play sets with the shapes you would match up. I tried to push the square into the circle slot and it would not fit. This thread took me back to those days. Square peg into a circle slot.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
it is not secret land

it is not hidden land

it is land he said had not been explored on foot yet in response to a question about lands that young explorers could look forward to exploring.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Great interview with Admiral Byrd, thanks for posting it. I would love to think he was referring to the stories about Agartha / Hollow Earth, a hidden continent, etc. But at least to me, he seemed to be talking about Antarctica itself. Or at least he didn't say enough to confirm anything else in this interview.

I was hoping he would say something that would add credence to some of the allegedly unusual experiences he had at the north or south poles, things other than the official story about Operation Highjump, secret Nazi bases and UFO technology, hollow earth, etc. There are so many interesting stories, but they may just be legends or tall tales that grew over time. It would be cool if any of them are true. Except Nazis with super advanced UFO tech and weaponry... that might be more scary than cool.

I didn't really hear anything too out of the ordinary in the interview if you listen to what he actually said word for word. Too bad, but it was still a great interview that you wouldn't normally see.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
he said as big as the US... Just how would he be able to tell that?
He could not...period. I feel he was imparting a little flash there.
Yet as far as his EYE could see.. that is about 8 miles give or take...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Surely you are not gullible enough to believe this load of bull cookies!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Whatever is there it peaked the interest of US gov and they gave him the funding to explore and map there. The admiral said that there was coal and lots of it. That would mean they had geologist that explored the land there somewhat. It's a harsh climate indeed. However, with virtually unlimited coil as a power source having a base there is feasible. A docking port would have to be built to bring in heavy equipment.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
This guy wasn't too bright was he?

I would agree, but I would let him off the hook considering it was 1940 something. Not everyone can be say what they mean and mean what they say, even admirals.
edit on 28-7-2014 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
How is something he saw from the sky an inner Earth continent?

In order for it to match the Earth's curvature it has to not exist. You do realize that right? The only way it could exist is if it did not match the Earth's curvature. In order for for it to exist even as a fantasy the curvature change would have to be fairly drastic.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Just too Point on in this Interview that the Op as Put Up of Admiral Bryd...

Interesting He also claims they Found Coal that is within 180 Miles ! a Mountain Region

and Claims that Antarctica was Once Tropical ... when I Here That .. I start thinking about the Peri Rise Map showing exposure of a Uncovered Antarctica with Channels Canals etc.. as Piri has claim that His Map made from Ancient maps that were Originally from the Library of Alexandria.. So what he is Telling Here is a POLE SHIFT ? and Claims that there is Uranium, There!! hmm interesting ,,,, as He said time will come that we would have to go after it !! ( Uranium ) LOL So he goes to say that the North Pole is Ocean 10,000 feet Deep and South and a Platue 10,000 feet high .. ahhh K ...

Longines Chronoscope TV Program is a Fun Watch .. a Time of No VCR Recording at Home Limited Comunication Let alone TVs !! Back Then the Start of Television (Public ) where Speakers have practically a No Holds Bar of Speech.. Interesting Stuff..

Here a List of some Interviews of the Show ....

Television Interviews, 1951-1955
A Catalog of Longines Chronoscope Interviews in the National Archives

Compiled by Sarah L. Shamley

Published for the National Archives and Records Administration
By the National Archives Trust Fund Board
www.archives.gov...

MARCH 12, 1952 Participants: Representative John F. Kennedy (D-MA) interviewed by William Bradford Huie and Donald I. Rogers. Topics: Eisenhower and Kefauver victories in the New Hampshire Presidential primary, Kennedy's own relative position within the spectrum of the Democratic Party, possibility of his running for the Senate, foreign spending, danger of communist expansion in Southeast Asia, and low American prestige in the Middle East. (200LW68)

JUNE 25, 1952 Participants: Senator Joseph R. McCarthy (R-WI) interviewed by William Bradford Huie and Donald I. Rogers. Topics: Presidential and senatorial campaigns in Wisconsin, his book McCarthyism-The Fight for America, and exposure of "communists and crooks" in the federal government. (200LW114)

SEPTEMBER 29, 1952 Participants: Senator Joseph R. McCarthy (R-WI) interviewed by William Bradford Huie and Henry Hazlitt. Topics: Review of McCarthy's speaking tour in support of the Republican national ticket and against the Truman administration, interpretation of his recent senatorial victory, and origin of the term "McCarthyism." (200LW144)

MAY 8, 1953 Participants: Representative James E. Van Zandt (R-PA) interviewed by William Bradford Huie and William H. Peterson. Topics: Criticism of U.S. participation in the Korean war, possible use of the atomic bomb in Korea and Manchuria, the Atomic Energy Commission, reorganization of the Armed Forces, and veterans' legislation. (200LW227)

Grandaddy Bush

SEPTEMBER 9, 1953 Participants: Senator Prescott Bush (R-CT) interviewed by Edward P. Morgan and Winston Burdett. Topics: Former President Truman's Labor Day speech attacking the Republican administration, the rise in interest rates, the cold war, and decisive issues in 1954 congressional elections. (200LW602)

OCTOBER 11, 1954 Participants: Senator Prescott Bush (R-CT) interviewed by Larry Lesueur and Kenneth Crawford. Topics: Highway improvement funds, toll roads, housing graft investigations, and rehabilitation home owner loans. (200LW603)

VP AL Gore Father

AUGUST 23, 1954 Participants: Senator Albert Gore (D-TN) interviewed by Larry Lesueur and August Heckscher. Topics: Relations between the 83d Congress and the President, Gore's opposition to the Atomic Energy bill, and criticism of the Dixon-Yates atomic energy contract approved by President Dwight D. Eisenhower over Atomic Energy Commission objections. (200LW494)

Longines Chronoscope Interviews, 1954, v.15: Vengalil Menon, Adm. Richard Byrd
Format: DVD

www.amazon.com...

Longines Chronoscope
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The only conspiracy here is that our education system is so bad today, that people know less about geography then back when that was filmed...

Yeah, there's a land mass the size of America beyond the south pole, UNDER THE ICE SHEET...

That is what it looks like with the ice gone.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 7/28/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

My only question would be, in this age of satellites how could we still be "missing" land the size of the US?

Surely he was commenting on how much larger Antarctica is than the Arctic. He would have seen ice that extended many times that of the ice coverage at the North Pole. I think we are trying to interpret his observations with today's perceptions instead of from the viewpoint of someone who has seen something (Antarctica) from the air as no one else had previously.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

Out in the ocean, the horizon is 30 miles away. From the air, depending on how high you are (I could use that in a joke!) the horizon would be farther than that.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

My only question would be, in this age of satellites how could we still be "missing" land the size of the US?

Surely he was commenting on how much larger Antarctica is than the Arctic. He would have seen ice that extended many times that of the ice coverage at the North Pole. I think we are trying to interpret his observations with today's perceptions instead of from the viewpoint of someone who has seen something (Antarctica) from the air as no one else had previously.

he never says missing
he never says secret
he never says hidden

all he says it that is has not been explored on foot yet, when asked if there are still places a young explorer could plan on going and being the first person to explore it

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join