It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Rare TV interview with Admiral Richard E Byrd 'There is a secret land mass the size of the US'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:11 PM

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yes, just as weird as no one took of searching and/ or finding this "promised land"

Sooo... You just kind of flim flam around, moving from one explanation to the other with no admittance of being wrong about your last explanation? Are you admitting there was no scheme to get money from investors? After all these were government expeditions, no need for investors when you have taxpayers. I guess you just throw out there any statement that comes to your mind as long as it refutes an idea you can not accept as being possibly true, and just repeat until something sticks? Well that's kind of a frustrating method of debating I must admit. Victory at any and all costs including your personal integrity, is it?

At least I can admit that there may not be an inner earth as I feel I must be honest or else I'll be seen as some kind of deceptive bbamboozler of any who choose to trust me. Apparently you have no such inhibitions.

To All Posters: After watching the whole video again and listening carefully, and paying attention to other posters' explanations, I'll say it's 50/50 to me personally. The whole Op Highjump deal combined with other facts leads me to believe it's a sturdy and strong 50%, and I'm willing to give a whole 50% towards admitting there may not be a hollow earth.

However, I'm nearly 100% sure there's something fishy going on in Antarctica, whether it's hollow earth, evidence of civilizations present or past, advanced or primitive, or a Nazi base whether still existing or not, or other. Who knows what could be hidden under all that ice? That's the bbeauty of the place, whatever is there, we don't know what it is, which makes it a mystery.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Bingo. There is plenty to explore there that has nothing to do with the hollow earth. Plus, its a fairly inhospitable environment, which makes it the perfect place to send teams of explorers and scientists to in preparation and research towards later trips to bodies within our own solar system.

I find the actual exploration of the antarctic continent an exciting enough proposition without Argatha or alien civilizations, but - lets be honest: those would be icing on the con-theory cake.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:13 PM

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: FurvusRexCaeli

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: CitizenJack

Ok, well, Antarctica is on the south pole. So what does he mean by "beyond the south pole", "secret" and "no human has seen"? I'm pretty sure explorers were going to Antarctica for well over 50 years when he did this interview.

He explains what he means by "beyond the South Pole." It's from the point of view of America.

I heard him. You heard him.

How could half a dozen other posters not hear him?

"From the point of view of America" there are three landmasses :
1. "the other side of Antarctica" - DUH
2. Australia - bigger DUH
3. Something between Australia and Antarctica that all the people who travel from Australia to Antarctica have never noticed - come on.......please.
edit on 27/7/2014 by yorkshirelad because: oops

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:15 PM
The interview is very straightforward. Admiral Byrd is concerned about the possible future militarization of the Antarctic continent due to the rich mineral and oil deposits. He was very specific in stating that the bulk of the landmass lay past the magnetic pole..

So, the UN treaty later forbid the exploitation of Antarctic resources.. What happens after we start running out of oil and certain vital minerals? Could we face a future Antarctic war as Byrd thinly suggests?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
a reply to: skyblueworld

Nice find!! S&F

Hollow Earth/Agartha is one of my favorite theories and this video is very intriguing. Admiral Byrd is a highly respected man and it's hard not to believe him when he says there's an area as big as the US that has never been seen by humans. Very intriguing indeed.

Admiral Byrd's journal would be a very it's resting read.

My parents live about 30 minutes away from Mt Shasta, I want to go exploring!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:39 PM
a reply to: 3n19m470

There are a few people not getting this.
Byrd was forced to land by the inhabitants of the realm he flew over. He describes being brought down by an invisible force.
He makes a clear delineation, there was snow and ice as far as he could see, then everything cleared to reveal a lush green land.
Maybe just a bit of speculation, but that sounds to me like the area is cloaked.

It's strange to see so many questioning the admirals grasp of geography.

edit on 27-7-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:53 PM
Byrd-"Strangely enough, there is left in the world today, an area as big as the United States, that's never been seen by a human being. And that's beyond the pole, on the other side of the South Pole."

I will just say without viewing the vid(s)...I suggest we all take a map, put our fingers on his starting points (poles)...and go out in a radius of his travel distance referred to-1,700 miles in any and all directions.

Get back to us here with what you find there, please.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM
I reccomend anyone interested in hollow earth theories, old maps, or both, check out this video. Really cool stuff even if you don't agree with some of it.

"There are several mysteries in this presentation we were never able to solve. First, of course Friesland is an outstanding enigma....with the capital of the country called Bondondea, we always wondered what life would have been like in a medeval city named Bondondea on an island in the North Sea.

The sound of Bells in the far north? What is that about? We have no clue. And who in the world was the Monochar Order? We never heard of it and have no idea who they were. Who were the mysterious Skrealingers? I've also seen them called Skrealings who lived in the far north. Does anyone know anything about them? And lastly, what's up with that Weather Machine in Schlaraffenlande? How could that exist?...but there it is in print back in 1736." - Harry Hubbard

This presentation was compiled and taped several months before Harry Hubbard and Paul Schaffranke were heavily involved in the Burrows Cave affair. This program was meant to be entirely educational, but after the first half hour or so, the viewer begins to have his mind stretched beyond the normal limits. Compulsory confusion are the next reactions as the two hosts of the show stay on course by spinning a single thread through these rare and strange maps that Harry has collected over the years.

Lazeria Map Collection
Map of North Pole & Friesland
Map of Schlaraffenlande
edit on 27-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: links

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:21 PM
a reply to: EA006

Well yeah of course, that's also a big reason I give it a sturdy 50%. Look at the holographic and camouflage/stealth technology we have that's known about right now. Japan or someone invented Touchable Holograms that will lead to preventing the spread of germs by creating holographic light switches, door knobs/handles, etc. So you're not touching anything but light. Photons. Why couldn't a civilization with just 100-500 years more advanced technology create a holographic platform miles across that you can walk on and even cover up with ice and snow or dirt if you wanted that would just look like landscape from a satellite image? Sure it could be cloaked. They don't want any part in our madness. But are likely too kind to simply exterminate us. Maybe they have hope that we can learn. Maybe they went through similar trials during their "infancy".

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:49 PM
Why is everyone over thinking this??? He simply stated that there is a land on the other side of the south "POLE" that is as large as the US and no man has ever seen it.

The pole is a singular location existing on the land mass known as the antarctic.

At the time he made the statement had all expeditions been only as far as the pole are had all of the land mass on the other side of the pole been explored????

My guess from the context of the interview is that he was simply referring to the land mass on the other side of the pole that is STILL a part of the continent of Antarctica...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:17 PM
I'm sorry to say that Admiral Byrd sounds a lot like John Lear....Two guys with a ton of flying experience and respect that start off with claims that makes one perk up, but the claims continue to a point of nonsensical disillusion.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:37 PM
Yeah it's called geography .
Seriously though don't challenge me with craziness. Like asking me if I've seen them. I've never seen Alaska, Russia, China Japan or Tahiti but I damn well know tbat these places exist. If you go south from the tip of south America you come to Antarctica if you keep going in the same direction after that you are headed north instead of south and you'll come to the southern Indian ocean. r reply to: skyblueworld

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:38 PM

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: CitizenJack

Ok, well, Antarctica is on the south pole. So what does he mean by "beyond the south pole", "secret" and "no human has seen"? I'm pretty sure explorers were going to Antarctica for well over 50 years when he did this interview.

I'm totally open to believing there is no hollow earth. I just don't understand why he would phrase it that way. Makes me wonder wwhat's going on.

Would someone point out the part where he says SECRET please I didn't hear that?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:42 PM
Really? Because he also said there was a giant hole leading to the center of the earth. a reply to: 3n19m470

edit on PM000000310000000773043312014-07-27T15:43:00-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
The south pole had been explored for over 100 years before Byrd got there. The first expeditions were in the late James Cook. a reply to: Masterjaden

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:49 PM
Of course. And third star on the right and straight on till morning will get you to never never land. Capt Hook sends his regards. a reply to: 3n19m470

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:50 PM
No no of course not. By all means pull out your crystal ball and show us on that. a reply to: skyblueworld

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:51 PM
Here's an old map of Antartica.

Underneath all those kilometers of snow and ice is a land continent the size of South America. No-one has really
been able to do a complete archeological survey. But the geological surveys keep revealing surprises:

Already, GPS data have confirmed that Antarctica is rising (geologists say “rebounding”) from the loss of ice during the last ice age, which ended 12,000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:53 PM
We do have photos from space. They pretty much show the planet is a sphere. Not exactly perfectly round but close enough. y reply to: Urantia1111

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:34 PM
Australia. BOOM!

edit on 27-7-2014 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>