It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare TV interview with Admiral Richard E Byrd 'There is a secret land mass the size of the US'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

So it's not likely he would make a blunder like that unless there was some logical reason.

And the logical reason would be he found nothing and made up a finding to justify for the investors...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: skyblueworld

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
My thoughts exactly. The other side of the south pole LOL That would be the southern Indian ocean if you start out in south America and go south eventually you're headed north again. . This guy wasn't too bright was he? a reply to: yorkshirelad

Of cousre, you've explored those lands for yourself, by sea? and air? Everywhere he questions?

Sure.

Maybe you can show me on Google Earth where this landmass is?

You want me to use the internet to give you proof?

The Internet? Google?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Did anyone actually watch this video???

No mention of hollow earth, or any such non-sense. He is speaking of the continent itself when he refers to an area as a large as USA. It was an interesting interview , with a unique perspective on exploration and the uses of such a Continent.

Hearing some of the things discussed such as the need for resources as the world depletes its supply to storing large amounts of found in arctic regions to preserve it has some interesting for shadowing that applies to our time. Cool video when taken a s is and not spun as something completely different.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CitizenJack

I'm sure a few people on this thread have just delivered their thoughts on the whole "Admiral Byrd" topic instead of the video in hand, which is understandable.

I just don't disclaim or believe a claim until it's been fully scrutinized by all kinds of people.

Nice to have a different opinion in such cases.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Ok, well, Antarctica is on the south pole. So what does he mean by "beyond the south pole", "secret" and "no human has seen"? I'm pretty sure explorers were going to Antarctica for well over 50 years when he did this interview.

I'm totally open to believing there is no hollow earth. I just don't understand why he would phrase it that way. Makes me wonder wwhat's going on.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think it would be quite something for us to find out that, once again, we were wrong about our assumptions on the shape of our planet. It's been a long time since that has happened and last time it caused quite a ruckus.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

So he just throws away his credibility by talking about some secret landmass nobody has ever seen? Sounds like a strange move to make. Don't you think such a scam would be well known by now and people would be talking about all the money they got scammed out of by the notorious Admiral Byrd, the Bernie Madoff of the 1940s?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well, it is possible that a very advanced civilization of beings could shield a whole continent from the eyes of the world. The only way to see it would be if you went within the bubble of their cloaking shield. They could also send out a signal that caused people to avoid an area and scramble our electronics so we went around their area.

Now, even a society with two hundred hears more advancement than we have could accomplish this, but their advancement would have been much longer than this as they could deflect early sailors from finding their place.

Now, our governments may have knowledge of this, maybe the US is having them help us as long as we promise not to use our nuclear weapons. Same with the other super powers.

There does not need to be ETs to see flying craft way above our technology. There could be an advanced race hidden in plain sight and we cannot see them. They could even look almost like us, we could be chatting with one on this thread. We are blinded by what we think we know. I am sure if this is the case and we tried to overthrow these beings, they could destroy our weapons in minutes and kill every living human on this planet if they wanted to.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: Mianeye

So he just throws away his credibility by talking about some secret landmass nobody has ever seen? Sounds like a strange move to make. Don't you think such a scam would be well known by now and people would be talking about all the money they got scammed out of by the notorious Admiral Byrd, the Bernie Madoff of the 1940s?

Spot on!

But to some on here, our predecessors were just inferior because in todays world people have the internet..
Most Astronauts who talk about UFO's = Nuts
Most creditable military witnesses = Nuts
Admirals of Navy Fleets = Nuts
E.T.C....E.T.C...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yes, just as weird as no one took of searching and/ or finding this "promised land"

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

From what I remember reading about this, Byrd testified to congress when he returned to the states.
He was given a warning by the inhabitants of said realm: do not return to the Antarctic with weapons.
There are vids on YouTube from various camera stations showing "objects" performing surveillance on visitors to the Antarctica.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Ok, well, Antarctica is on the south pole. So what does he mean by "beyond the south pole", "secret" and "no human has seen"? I'm pretty sure explorers were going to Antarctica for well over 50 years when he did this interview.

He explains what he means by "beyond the South Pole." It's from the point of view of America. "Secret" and "no human have seen" are pretty much synonymous in his usage; it is "secret" because "no human has seen it." He is aware of previous Antarctic expeditions, and is of the opinion that these expeditions did explore the entirety of this great land mass.

What he is not saying:

* There are Nazis in Antarctica.
* There are more than seven continents.
* The Earth is hollow and there are substantial habitable regions within it.
* The planet is not an oblate spheroid described with a fair degree of accuracy by whatever geoid or datum they had back then.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Great thread and really great video. The claims that Byrd was either lying or crazy is really beyond the pale. To make such claims diminishes the credibility of those making them, IMO.

S&F for the thread. Will be reading much more on this subject.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FurvusRexCaeli

He explains what he means by "beyond the South Pole." It's from the point of view of America.

I heard him. You heard him.

How could half a dozen other posters not hear him?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Haven't watched the video yet, just wanted to comment on something I read in the thread.

There are large stretches of land on this planet that have not been explored, having a satellite fly over is not exploring it.

I am not saying its an entirely new continent but to say there is nothing new or exciting in those regions is amazingly close minded.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

He explains what he means by "beyond the South Pole." It's from the point of view of America. "Secret" and "no human have seen" are pretty much synonymous in his usage; it is "secret" because "no human has seen it." He is aware of previous Antarctic expeditions, and is of the opinion that these expeditions did explore the entirety of this great land mass.

What he is not saying:

* There are Nazis in Antarctica.
* There are more than seven continents.
* The Earth is hollow and there are substantial habitable regions within it.
* The planet is not an oblate spheroid described with a fair degree of accuracy by whatever geoid or datum they had back then.

Ditto

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

He explains what he means by "beyond the South Pole." It's from the point of view of America.

I heard him. You heard him.

How could half a dozen other posters not hear him?

People hear what they want to hear. People want to believe that there is a hidden land mass underneath Antarctica, so they take what Byrd said out of context in order to justify their suspicions. They're making a mountain out of a molehill.

What I don't understand is why people think it is SO out of the realm of possibility that there actually COULD be something underneath the current land mass down there to where it would be an earth shattering finding. How many archeological crews, around the word right now today, are unearthing ancient cities and civilizations from under the current level of dirt that we call the ground? Hundreds would be my guess.

Point being, just because it's Antarctica, a place where only scientific crews live, that doesn't mean it's not possible that a civilization once lived there. In fact, it's probable.

beyondpenguins.ehe.osu.edu...

www.iceagenow.com...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think some of you are reading between the lines a little too much. What the admiral was referring to as the land mass is in fact the antarctic continent. The south pole is not geographically centered on the continent.

Lets say he took of from Argentina some place, and flew due south. He would fly right along side the Trans Antarctic Mountain range. Keep in mind that plane tech of the teens and twenties was not really capable of flying such distances.

Ill bet he was shocked to find land under the ice and show there. Unlike our expeditions to the north pole, that were quite easy to get to. One of the last great uncharted areas on the globe at his point in time.

Sure whalers and sealers set up makeshift fishing camps along the coastlines. I'm sure none of them in the 1800's knew about the vast landmass beneath Antarctica. I'm also sure that not many dare to venture into the heart of the continent back then.

The admiral was simply one of the first people to see the mountain range and drew the conclusion that their must be land under the ice and snow.

No Nazi's, no inner earth, just a hidden continent, under the ice and snow. What is north of the south pole along my hypothetical flight path? (I wish i could find his actual flightpath.) The majority of the land mass of the Antarctic continent, that's what.

edit on 7/27/2014 by shaneslaughta because: North

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It's obvious that Admiral Byrd found something pretty fascinating there but was probably told to shut up about it so that the US gov could figure out a way to profit from it. Isn't a lot of that territory controlled by governments from many countries? It is saddening to think that IF there is a hollow earth, that the lunatics in control have access to it.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
It's obvious that Admiral Byrd found something pretty fascinating there but was probably told to shut up about it so that the US gov could figure out a way to profit from it. Isn't a lot of that territory controlled by governments from many countries? It is saddening to think that IF there is a hollow earth, that the lunatics in control have access to it.

Since he freely admitted that he discovered great coal and uranium deposits, and seemed almost eager for economic exploitation to begin, I don't think he was lying to protect potential US government profits. If that were the case, he would've said, "Nope, nothing there, just ice and penguins."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join