It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fake atrocity video from Gaza

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: live2beknown

Sorry but according to Channel 4 News the OP video is genuine and not a hoax, so in turn this thread should be in the hoax bin

Guy's name was Salem Shamaly btw:

Salem Shamaly was shot as he picked through the rubble of Gaza two weeks ago. For the first time Channel 4 News reveals the shocking inside story from the Israeli unit on the ground.

During his search the 23-year-old, also known as "man in the green shirt", was fatally shot as he strayed into the sights of an apparent Israeli sniper. Today, a former Israeli soldier has told Channel 4 News he can shed light on what happened. Eran Efrati left the army in 2008. He is now an activist who has sought to expose Israeli military transgressions. He told Channel 4 News he has taken testimony from soldiers who were there when Shamaly was shot. Mr Efratri said: "These soldiers are deciding on a theoretical red line that nobody can pass. You can be killed for crossing this line. There is a video of a man looking for his family. Two soldiers ask if it is ok to shoot him." He described what happened next: "The sniper is getting into position - he is asking his offcer, three, times 'when can I shoot him?' "The officer tells them 'wait, wait, we need the man in the green shirt to cross the red line'. 'Revenge attack' "The third time the officers tell him, 'you can shoot'. "He shoots two more bullets into his body and kills him." Mr Efrati confirmed: "I heard this testimony from three soldiers." He added: "They were completely convinced that what they did was wrong. They were guilty. The man in the green shirt was not any threat to their lives. "The officer allowed this revenge attack in the middle of Gaza."

www.channel4.com...
www.channel4.com...
edit on 7-8-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 7-8-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Excellent attempt, may I show you something on this issue from another thread?

I'm not sure you have any grounds to say the video turns out to be genuine. An anti-Israel activist who left the Israeli military six years ago, claims that three Israeli soldiers (unnamed) told him about the shooting.

Mr. Efrati claims that it was a sniper, not an ordinary soldier, and that the sniper has a sight picture. He requests permission to fire three times and is finally allowed to. The claim is that a sniper with a good sight picture, hits his target in the hand? That is so silly as to be preposterous.

It's made even worse when Efrati claims the man was shot by a sniper three times resulting in no visible blood, torn clothing or any other injury.

The video is still completely unbelievable. (You'll note, by the way that the video was edited by a pro-Palestinian group which takes credit for the editing at the end.) Were this any other subject it would have been thrown in the hoax bin.

You seem to be taking the unsupported word of one man who is opposed to Israel that Israel is bad. That's not good enough.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

A Hoax on who's end? the Palestine? dude listen to the video, and compare it to a sniper video.. no fkin way he got shot from a sniper. it wouldn't sound like a "firecracker" lol.. just watching the video is all Gaza fake propaganda..

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: live2beknown

A Hoax on who's end? the Palestine? dude listen to the video, and compare it to a sniper video.. no fkin way he got shot from a sniper. it wouldn't sound like a "firecracker" lol.. just watching the video is all Gaza fake propaganda..

I would believe the channel 4 news crew over you mate

And as I said on the first page, not really relevant anyway, civilians are dying and a country is committing blatant war crimes while the U.N. deliberately turns away, it's f*cking shocking.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

I would believe the channel 4 news crew over you mate

And as I said on the first page, not really relevant anyway, civilians are dying and a country is committing blatant war crimes while the U.N. deliberately turns away, it's f*cking shocking.

Think you might not understand the word alleged they kept using. Channel 4 didnt believe it either alleged in journalism means doubted. And just so you know snipers are one shot one kill this would have to be the worst sniper in history. They should have said he was shot by a stray bullet but even than ive seen plenty of gunshot wounds and well he didnt get shot it was so fake.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

alright mate, let me ask you this..If Israel didn't have Iron Dome and all those 2500 rockets killed thousand of Israeli civilians, would your thoughts be different?

When the recent ceasefire was "broken", Hamas alledgely sent 18 rockets into Israel, the Dome brought down two of those.... The rest landed and killed or injured how many...... 0.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

alright mate, let me ask you this..If Israel didn't have Iron Dome and all those 2500 rockets killed thousand of Israeli civilians, would your thoughts be different?

When the recent ceasefire was "broken", Hamas alledgely sent 18 rockets into Israel, the Dome brought down two of those.... The rest landed and killed or injured how many...... 0.

Sounds to me Hamas should have known better than launching more rockets. Im really not sure of your point to be honest if the rockets killed someone than in your world its ok for Israel to attack? Be like telling a policeman yeah hes armed and shooting at us but were not going to shoot back because he hasnt killed one of us yet. Thinking you didnt put alot of thought in this response.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Hamas alledgely sent 18 rockets into Israel, the Dome brought down two of those.... The rest landed and killed or injured how many...... 0.

iron dome did its job - you realise it does not shoot down missiles that will hit unpopulated areas.... It shows Israel cares about its citizens, whilst the Hamas terrorists do not care about Gaza residents, preferring to use them as human shields!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Yeah, and then there's the shelling from ships, Apache helicopters, F-16, laser-guided missiles: Hamas = NONE vs. Israel = PLENTY.

Oh, and you know like how 800 plus (and counting) civilians have been killed? They weren't the ones firing those rockets.

You'd think Hamas would get the point and stop poking the bear by now.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Old American

Yeah, and then there's the shelling from ships, Apache helicopters, F-16, laser-guided missiles: Hamas = NONE vs. Israel = PLENTY.

Oh, and you know like how 800 plus (and counting) civilians have been killed? They weren't the ones firing those rockets.

You'd think Hamas would get the point and stop poking the bear by now.

/TOA

Right, so if the conflict stops, the global media light on Gaza fades and then Israel sneak back to treating Palestinians like crap while investing in occupied territory for their own citizens. Sure, not all Palestinians agree with Hamas, but they understand it's a case of living on your knees or die fighting on your feet.

I reiterate once again, it's Israels racist and illegal policies which has brought the West Bank to where we are at now.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
trust me you'd know if you'd been shot from a sniper, they're well trained, especially IDF.. When you hear a sniper shot that's unsilenced like that..it sounds a bit more then a "firecracker" sound..and as mentioned above, they shoot to kill.

And to the 'Idiot" who said, Hamas shot 16 rockets and 2 were intercepted by Iron Dome..Iron Dome only shoots missiles that would hit a civilian place..and that clearly demonstrates Hamas shoots them at random targets.. because they don't care, let alone care about their people.

Israel and Egypt were smart to build the blockcade in 2007 when Hamas took over..It just sucks how the Middle East is so brainwashed

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join