It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once again the FBI delayed my gun purchase.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Today was a good day other than the FBI putting yet another delay on my purchase of a gun actually its a lower receiver for an AR15..... This is the third time they have done this to me. Last time it was for my XDM .40..... Somewhere in America there is a guy with my same name who has done some serious crap to get my name flagged every time. I know I should just get my CCW already.. It just really pissed me off. Thats my rant......

Another thing that pissed my off is i went to AZ Cardinals training camp today and waited an hour and a half to get Patrick Petersons Autograph he signed the guy to my left and to my right then said he had to go and skipped me
it was really upsetting. At least i got Tyranns autograph. Thats my rant thanks for reading

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I know I should just get my CCW already..

It ends _all_ of those frustrations.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
CCW or FFL?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Maybe you could change your name so you do not get mixed up with them more. Unless that seems more suspicious.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Just get the CCW. I let mine expire a while back and recently went to purchase a new handgun. Needless to say I had to wait over a week to finally take possession and I was pissed.

I also went down and immediately renewed my CCW so that doesn't happen again.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Never had a problem walk in with money walk out with a gun.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The FBI delays every movie I watch with their 10 second anti-piracy disclaimer

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

In Michigan...you pay at the counter...they take your license...come back in under 10 minutes generally...and you take home your purchase.

You then have 5 business days to drop off the certificate it comes with to your local hometown or state police station.

This is for anyone...no CPL/CCW permit required.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
CCW or FFL?

Is anyone actually confused? A CCW is an individual permit to carry a concealed weapon issues by the local police jurisdiction. An FFL is dealer license to sell firearms issued by the Feds. Although it is technically possible for an individual to have an FFL, and many people are grandfathered in, the Feds have made enormous strides in limiting FFLs in recent years. One requirement, for example, is that you must have a commercial place of business. This cut out a lot of individuals who were dealing from their homes. Record keeping, fees, and other requirements are also quite onerous for a FFL. It is not a casual undertaking.

A CCW, which goes under numerous acronyms, is a simple trip to the police station, a form, and often a set of fingerprints, at least for the first application. Many states are labeled "Shall Issue" states, which means the police department MUST issue a permit unless there is a compelling reason to not do so. Other states, such as California, do not require the issuance of CCW permits and in practice, even if you have a legitimate reason to do so, issuing is routinely denied.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I know what they are. I live in Arizona so I don't need a permit to conceal within the state. I also don't see how it would make my gun purchasing any easier.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth

I live in AZ too but by having a CCW there is no need for the gun dealer to call the feds to check your background. But i guess if you never get a hold put on you there is really no point in AZ thats one of the reasons I havent got one no need to...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Huh, in WA it just means you don't have to wait to take the gun home. They still call it in. I thought that was a Fed thing too.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I know what they are. I live in Arizona so I don't need a permit to conceal within the state. I also don't see how it would make my gun purchasing any easier.

Your original post was quite simple: "CCW or FFL?" It seemed to me completely out of context and irrelevant to the issue at hand, which is why I responded with more information. Perhaps the point is moot, but I'm still wondering why you even asked it.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Or just give your expert opinion to the OP.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
When I got my concealed weapons permit twenty years ago, I found I had a FBI file on me. Nothing that interfered with me getting a permit though. I thought it was neat that the FBI knew I existed. Now, they probably have files on most people, I'm just a number again. Not having a government file on you somewhere is probably a rarity these days.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

While reading your post I heard in my head, Dean Martin singing "You're nobody til somebody loves you...."

Seriously, they should let you add things to your own file if you want. It could be like a government issue facebook page. My political leanings, that commie chick I dated in college, my favorite martini recipe, etc.

Sorry. back to thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Or just give your expert opinion to the OP.

Irrelevant again. I'm beginning to get the picture.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
a reply to: rickymouse

While reading your post I heard in my head, Dean Martin singing "You're nobody til somebody loves you...."

Seriously, they should let you add things to your own file if you want. It could be like a government issue facebook page. My political leanings, that commie chick I dated in college, my favorite martini recipe, etc.

Sorry. back to thread.

Oooh that would be great. I could get something better on there than transferring a DUI to Michigan from Wisconsin when I moved back home. I completed the rest of the probation in Michigan.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I was wondering if he wanted his ccw or ffl. I didnt know there was a law the voided background checks if you have a ccw in this state. Havent bought a pistol since 2007. I may be ignorant but at least I don't assume things.
edit on 29-7-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join