It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this another "chupacabra"? Odd similarities.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hunting for another story, I came across this one.

Islanders defend against 'werewolf' threat

The people of an isolated island in the Philippines undertake nightly patrols to protect their animals. According to Inspector Brian Odien, Sibale Island's chief of police, the region has seen an extensive spate of mysterious livestock deaths over the last few years and the islanders believe that werewolves are responsible. Hundreds of volunteers under supervision of the police have been undertaking regular patrols at night in an effort to protect the island's dwindling goat population from the creatures. The attacks, which allegedly only occur on nights before a full moon, have seen more than 200 goats killed with their blood sucked out and internal organs removed.

There are more details in the article, but I couldn't help being reminded of the earliest chupacabra reports, out of Puerto Rico, back in 1995. There are plenty of stories out there on that, of course.
Puerto Rican Chupacabra

In both cases, some unknown and scary creature is sucking the blood from smaller livestock. In both cases, the sightings are on an island. My own "pet theory" on the initial cases is that it was some genetic experiment that got loose, and was eventually killed or recaptured. Later reports, I can't explain, but then, most of the ones we see are of canines with mange, too. Yes, I know there are some weird details in some cases, but what we have seen is very different. Setting those aside, and looking at the original stories, a genetic experiment seems likely. I read someplace there was actually some sort of facility there at the time, though I can't locate details on that. If anyone can, please post.

I wonder; is there a research facility on this island as well? Has someone made another monster, and let it loose? Are both cases just people letting their imaginations run wild? The new case, they call it "werewolves", but I never heard of those sucking blood before.

So, let the crazy speculation begin! This being one of the more "out there" cryptids, I fully expect some skepticism. I have some myself. Still, interesting to compare the two.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
On the night just before a full moon? Sounds like someone is into voodoo and/or witchcraft, and needs a source of ingredients. They should set up some night vision cams.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Great thread OP this is why I love ATS. I would never see stories like this without this website and posters like you. I wish I had more then a flag and star for this one.

This story really makes me wonder what the heck is going on. It only happens before a full moon. Shivers up my spine. This story made my mind run wild and that is a rare thing at my age.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Very good possibility! Always that, in such cases. A costume to scare someone wouldn't be out of line, either. Superstitions can be strong motivators in many areas.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I know what you mean! I stumbled over this one while hunting for a story I read years back, about some monster out of a crack or something in Africa. another thread has a similar story, that I first thought was the same, but there are differences. Can't find the one I read before anywhere now, though!

The full moon part......explains why they say "werewolves", but the blood? Weird. Occult group? Chupacabra let out only on those nights, to steer the locals away from suspecting some genetic experiment? Hybrid wolfmen/vampires? Is Klaus running around there?
It's the speculation that makes these tales so much FUN! Well, for those of us reading from a long distance, anyway!

Still, an island, blood missing from goats/sheep.......gotta wonder! Assuming the animals are really found like that, no answer is a good one; all have creepy and scary aspects!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Peurto Rico was apparently used by the US govt - who knows what sneaky shenanigins they got up to?
on link from a quick search gave me thisvigilantcitizen.com... vigilantcitizen.com...[url=http://paranormal.lovetoknow.com/Chupacabra_Sightings" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">paranormal.lovetokn... ow.com/Chupacabra_Sightings

hope it works

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: countingdown

One link worked, with info about testing - Puerto Rico: US Lab

Interesting stuff, and of course secret labs with genetic monsters wouldn't be announced. Very possible, that sort of thing, with the tech we have, even with what we had then.

If there were two links, only the one worked. Posting links has a method. Above where you type your response, look for the little arrow icon, that points up and to the right. If you hover over it, it says, "insert a link to a page or site". What you do is click that, then copy the title of whatever page into the blank that appears, and hit "enter". Another blank appears, in which you then copy the actual web address.

For YT videos, it's trickier. There is a "YouTube" thing at the right, above the response window. What you do for that is hit the "ok", then copy only part of the address. For example, this video address is "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im5p0fG8jQc". To post it, I use just the part after the "=" sign - "Im5p0fG8jQc" - like this:

That embeds the video. It can take time to learn all the little tricks of the site.

Appreciate the research link; definite proof that we had stuff going on there. I wouldn't put anything past them, considering what we know they have done. What we don't know is sure to be worse!
edit on 27-7-2014 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Sorry about the second link, I cant find it myself now but I have started to bookmark everything I'm going to post (just in case)
(and thanks for the intro thread reply)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: countingdown

Sorry about the second link, I cant find it myself now but I have started to bookmark everything I'm going to post (just in case)
(and thanks for the intro thread reply)

No problem! It took me awhile to figure out all the little posting tricks myself. Bookmarks are great; used to have a LOT more than now, till I had a HD crash. Sorry this took so long; been a very hectic month!

top topics

join