It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocodiles are able to climb trees

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is a load of CROCK. This is all just me. I am really tall and I like to go around and put crocodiles in trees. My nick name is Johny crocodile tree. I will provide some evidence in the form of pictures. I just need to head to the PHOTO SHOP to purchase some film...................

On a semi serious note. This makes crocodiles even more awesome.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
They don't say "vertical trees"; just trees, which has already been discussed. A crocodilian up any tree is pretty wild, IMO.

Maybe my internal translation from English to Portuguese made me think that "climbing a tree" would mean something like climbing a somewhat vertical tree and not walk over a leaning tree.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Yeah, that pic seems to be all over. Most I located were lower than that. Still, if they can go vertical up a wall, or over a fence, I guess it's possible they could manage a tree as well. By size, most likely, just as with monitor lizards, with smaller ones able to get higher.

Amazingly complex animals. Did you see the bit in the one video about them hunting birds by submerging with branches in their mouths? Totally wild!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Couldn't resist? LOl!

Yeah, they are pretty awesome animals. Scarier, too. Trees, tools.....what next, driving cars? Ringing doorbells?

I wonder how long before some clowns decide to try and put one in a tree, for video......

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

They don't say "vertical trees"; just trees, which has already been discussed. A crocodilian up any tree is pretty wild, IMO.

Maybe my internal translation from English to Portuguese made me think that "climbing a tree" would mean something like climbing a somewhat vertical tree and not walk over a leaning tree.

Well, maybe, but I understand your point. The one video did say that young ones can climb vertically, however. Pics or video would be nice, but they make the claim. The fence was vertical, and they can get pretty vertical on walls. So, possible. The larger ones, I'd guess can only manage the leaning trees.

I am with you, though; I want video! They made the claim, so they should be able to film it. Zoom lenses can get amazing shots.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This one discusses the climbing, and also mentions a very neat hunting trick - tools!

It also includes two photos of large lizards instead of crocodiles.

And, for those that don't think they can climb vertically, think again!

I have actually seen a gator up a wall, at a zoo. All but the tail was vertical, and it was below a guy holding his small child, neither of whom noticed that one. One slip, I am sure, is all that gator wanted. Vertical, though.

Food for thought?
OK, I suppose that part is cleared, it apparently jumped high enough to grab the fence with the claws and then climbed it, but those fences are easy to climb, I once climbed a 2 metres high fence like that one.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yes, it does, but it shows the branch trick. The study is the key. News reports that do a poor job talking about it shouldn't be used to discredit the actual study.

The point is, it climbed vertically. Many trees have a lot more things to grab than that fence. Plus, they can go vertical up walls as well. Seen that myself. Plus, posted the pic.

I think it's unlikely that really large specimens could get high up a tree, but I can believe smaller ones could. They have claws, after all. Not all that different from the monitors, in that regard. They are big lizards. Lizards can climb trees.

You mentioned Portuguese; from Portugal, or South America? If you don't mind my asking. If so, disregard. Just curious because South America has plenty of crocodilians. Caimans can be quite dangerous, so I have heard. Any experience with those?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Couldn't resist? LOl!

what next, driving cars?

Hmmmmmmm I am now Johny putting crocodiles in cars. Coming to a town near you.....

Sorry I could not in fact resist.

Great thread by the way

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Thanks! Those are cool pics! ...So small crocs can climb higher than big ones?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Do you give them lessons as well? I am betting they are real road hogs!

And, ty. Fun topic, which can be a nice break!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Thanks! Those are cool pics! ...So small crocs can climb higher than big ones?

That's how it's looking. There are some pics around, but none with one very high.

But, hey, if in sewers, why not trees as well?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yes, it does, but it shows the branch trick. The study is the key. News reports that do a poor job talking about it shouldn't be used to discredit the actual study.

Yes, that a big problem, most news reports about scientific studies appear to be written by people that do not have the slightest idea of what they are talking about and make the studies look irrelevant or even silly.

You mentioned Portuguese; from Portugal, or South America?

Portugal, as it says on my mini-profile.

The only crocodiles we have are in the zoos or polo shirts.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I think the tree climbing goats are way more impressive.

www.google.se...= lNUKrXhRMHfXXM%253A%3B9bjTzkPrjI_oEM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn2-www.webecoist.momtastic.com%252Fassets%252Fuploads%252F2008%252F08%252Ftree-climbing-go ats.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwebecoist.momtastic.com%252F2008%252F08%252F19%252Fthe-incredible-tree-climbing-goats-of-morocco%252F%3B467%3B316

Super bizarre..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join