It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians' 'age of entitlement'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The ''age of entitlement'' is over, according to Treasurer Joe Hockey, but politicians continue to spend tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars on flights to sporting events, study tours, recipe collections and children's books - such as Aliens in Underpants Save the World. Department of Finance records show rising Liberal Party MP Jamie Briggs claimed almost $11,000 in entitlements over two years for travel to and from sporting events. For most of this period, November 2011 to November 2013, Mr Briggs was chairman of the Coalition's government waste committee, established to highlight the mismanagement of taxpayer money.
Source

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 74joff

Only eleven grand in two years, I think he is doing good. Maybe he is just bad at hiding this stuff. The other people hide it in more appropriate ways so they don't get caught. The guy doing the research isn't looking at everything, he is hired to find small things.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Well i think one of the main points of the article was the irony of it all not just the amount of tax paxer monies claimed.
Here is the very Minister(congressman) who is responsible for this portfolio doing just the thing the conservative government claimed they had zero tolerance for doing.
The point being the gravy train is fine when you are in the star chamber just not at all okay for the weak e.g. those on welfare which conservatives as well in your own country here have total disdain for.
In a way you have to be living down here to understand the context or at least be following our current affairs or political news very closely.
The politicians down here just like US beyond the point of corruption and not likely to be charged or held to account after-all this rorting of the system is bipartisan i noted even PUP or independents, Greens or Liberal democrats have any thing to say on this yet only this journo in fairfax has had his ear to the ground. Fairfax by the way not even balanced media any more, once was not any more. Evidently still not all go along to get along spin merchants. Any way i think Australians here on ats are asleep on these issues posters are just not pro active here.

edit on 27-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

join